Dolphins place tender on Tyler Thigpen | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins place tender on Tyler Thigpen

Sparano gave Thigpen the start against the Bears. Thigpen melted.

That was the night the entire offense melted like everyone at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark. That was the night Henning gave the backup QB with 3 days prep zero chance to be successful with his stupid play-calling. That was the night Henning should have been fired and Sparano put on notice: save the team and save yourself, or hit the road.

I think it's a good move. By the way, his outing against the Bears should not be a barometer of what Thigpen can actually do in a game. There were so many things working against him, nobody could succeed in those kind of conditions.

Sort of like Daboll in Cleveland huh?

Right on, I have many times stated if given the opportunity, and the reps in practice I think he would do well. I like the way he likes to air it out, and not always conform to checking it down.

What this move tells me is that the plan is to retain Thigpen and Henne and draft a QB sometime in the draft. Maybe they make a jump up for Netwon or Gabbert, or maybe the trade back and try and to land Kaepernick or Mallett.

I would say any plan that involves Thigpen does not include adding another veteran like Young, Orton or Kolb.

What this move tells me is that the plan is to retain Thigpen and Henne and draft a QB sometime in the draft. Maybe they make a jump up for Netwon or Gabbert, or maybe the trade back and try and to land Kaepernick or Mallett.

I would say any plan that involves Thigpen does not include adding another veteran like Young, Orton or Kolb.

The tender means nothing, its not guaranteed at all. They can cut him anytime they want and not have to pay anything. I seriously doubt they gave him the portion that says the salary is guaranteed, no way. They tag him fully knowing if there is no CBA nobody can even talk to him no less then match his tender trade value because there is no trades allowed with no CBA on draft day. If there is a CBA then they can still cut him or if there get a pick for him.

The tag is meaningless even if it stands up under the new CBA. Much better then just releasing him.

If there is FA eventually, I'd rather shore up some other positions than overpay for a QB who isn't a long term solution. The teams getting better keep taking chance on the young guns until they hit on one.

If there is FA eventually, I'd rather shore up some other positions than overpay for a QB who isn't a long term solution. The teams getting better keep taking chance on the young guns until they hit on one.

Even if they do decide to keep him, the money is only 110% of what he made in 2010. Not sure of his salary but I would think its not going to break the bank so to speak. Like I my thoughts above, for the most part, tenders are not guaranteed money at all. He would not be a horrible number 3 and its insurance if they cannot grab any QB of value thru the draft or by other means.

Sparano gave Thigpen the start against the Bears. Thigpen melted.

Correction: Sparano was in the middle of a meltdown at QB and tossed Thigpen into the furnace. Thigpen melted.

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

Let's just hope you are wrong.

If we were healthy for the Bears game we would have kicked their behinds. I said it all season, Bears had to be the most overated team in the NFL in 2010.

That should hardly count. Sparano threw him into the fire. No Oline nor marshall for most of the game. How many times did the dolphins run that game? maybe five, six times. Plus he had 3 days to get caught up.
Worst play calling I've ever seen. They didn't protect him at all. Damn, I forgot how terrible our coaching staff looked during that game. We got bashed all week after that debacle.

Or Locker - I see only Gabbert and Cam going in the first round at this point..., if we trade oot of our spot for an extra pick that might be the QB there..., I would like to try and hit lightning with Cam myself - he will be a wonder in a few years

Pretty smart, I think it shows we're atleast committed to him somewhat, what does that say about Henne?

this is cool looks like we might keep thigpen afterall

Back
Top Bottom