"Dolphins plan to let Thompson compete for a starting job against WR James McKnight" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Dolphins plan to let Thompson compete for a starting job against WR James McKnight"

Imagine Gadsden playing with Arthritic toes at Buffalo in November and December? Oronde's toes need a warm weather location. Advantage Miami! :D :D :D

Mel Kiper's free agent list has OG ranked 8th among FA WR's and Thompson rated 11. Frank Coyle of Draft Insiders, however, has Thompson 5th and OG 10th. Coyle was right about Zach and Surtain so I hope is right now.

Originally posted by Platinum
How did Miami treat him like ****, because they didnt want to pay him #1 reciever money that he was asking for when he got injured? The guy is a good 3rd reciever but he is nothing more, he is slow and old.

Thats your opinion.. and we all know what they say about opinions

Why does anybody think Gadsen was treated badly? Please explain.

I understand some people wanted him back, but if we had given him the money he asked for we would be even more screwed this off season than we currently are. We probably wouldnt have been able to afford to even sign Thompson.

It is my understanding that back when OG got injured, he had a decision to make.. should he play with the injury (for the benefit of the team) or should he elect to go IR and have the surgery.. If he waited until the end of the season for surgery.. then he would not be 100% healthy for FA this year.. so he went to the Dolphins HO and asked them not for a contract extension.. not for a raise or any of that.. he simply asked them for a promise they will negotiate in good faith at the end of the season which happened to be when OG's contract expires...

The Phins (Rick and Dave) told him no... there are no promises or guarantees....

I suppose I must still be living in the 50's because I see loyalty as a priority.. OG has played very well for us in the previous years, also I agree.. he is getting older and offering him a heavy contract is not a possibility... but I believe he can still play and would be an asset to this team... or any team

Your information is incorrect. Og wanted a contract that was greater than 9 mil over three years. (Mcknight's contract) The Fins refused and made an offer that Todd and/or OG considered an insult. I don't remember the numbers but it was reported in the local papers and I remember thinking it was fair. When FA started Spielman said that the offer was still on the table. OG has not recieved any offers close to what he demanded. Was OG treated badly?

Rafael is correct, Spielman even started to negotiate with Orondes agent about an extension and his agent wanted #1 reciever money and that was no where close to what Spielman was ready to give (nobody in their right mind would pay him that much), Spielman offered him a contract that he is still offering today supposedly and it was not underpaying him. Since then his agent hasnt touched the offer that the Dolphins offered and is still looking for a huge contract.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by rafael
Your information is incorrect. Og wanted a contract that was greater than 9 mil over three years. (Mcknight's contract) The Fins refused and made an offer that Todd and/or OG considered an insult. I don't remember the numbers but it was reported in the local papers and I remember thinking it was fair. When FA started Spielman said that the offer was still on the table. OG has not recieved any offers close to what he demanded. Was OG treated badly?

"We have no choice," Gadsden's agent Michael Todd told the newspaper. "We wanted to get an extension as injury protection, but they offered a contract that should have gone to the 51st player on the roster instead of Oronde."

Originally posted by Jeep
"We have no choice," Gadsden's agent Michael Todd told the newspaper. "We wanted to get an extension as injury protection, but they offered a contract that should have gone to the 51st player on the roster instead of Oronde."

That's an agent for you.. always making it sound like the player deserves so much more....
The offer has been on the table since last year... Gadsden and Todd won't even look at it, much less negotiate....
Maimi FO was in the right on this one....Gadsden was/is insisting on much more than he's worth...

Back
Top Bottom