Dolphins REALISTIC Record for 2012 & Playoff Chances = ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins REALISTIC Record for 2012 & Playoff Chances = ?

The view of a very optimistic realist:

@ Indy: Win
vs Ten: Win
@ Buf: Win
vs Seattle: Win
vs New England: Win
@ San Fran: Loss
vs Jacksonville: Win
vs Buffalo: Win
@ New England: Loss
agree with this one...although usually we beat NE in NE :)

wow. how fun would it be to be talking playoffs and watching our defense destroy Henne?

Every game we have outside of Jacksonville and maybe San Fran, is a toss up. Anybody who thinks Indy, Seattle, Buffalo, and even Tennesee are games we should win is fooling themselves. Likewise, anybody who thinks New England are games we should lose are fooling themselves. All of those games are toss ups between mediocre teams. I don't think San Fran is a team we can't beat either. They're not going to score on us, we're not going to score on them. That game will end up going to the better kicker.

The AFC is an abortion this year, so our chances of making the playoffs are as good as anyone else's sans the Texans who are clearly the class of the AFC.

I could see us splitting with the Bills as well. No good reason to give, but we have a history of playing to their level whether they are on a hot streak or suck.

Every game we have outside of Jacksonville and maybe San Fran, is a toss up. Anybody who thinks Indy, Seattle, Buffalo, and even Tennesee are games we should win is fooling themselves. Likewise, anybody who thinks New England are games we should lose are fooling themselves. All of those games are toss ups between mediocre teams. I don't think San Fran is a team we can't beat either. They're not going to score on us, we're not going to score on them. That game will end up going to the better kicker.

The AFC is an abortion this year, so our chances of making the playoffs are as good as anyone else's sans the Texans who are clearly the class of the AFC.
i think you made a mistake saying every game outside of jacksonville and san francisco is a toss up. putting jacksonville in the same sentence is disrespectful to sf or many teams in the nfl, lol

Have to take into account that Seattle will be making a very long road trip to south beach. I know the west to east travel has a smaller effect than the east to west, but I think that could factor into things with a rookie qb especially. 10-6 is a real possibility.

The view of a very optimistic realist:

@ Indy: Win
vs Ten: Win
@ Buf: Win
vs Seattle: Win
vs New England: Win
@ San Fran: Loss
vs Jacksonville: Win
vs Buffalo: Win
@ New England: Loss

Outside of New England and San Francisco, the Dolphins should be favored in all of those games. If we can just manage a split with the Patriots, I think we have a legit shot at the division.

I had this team penciled in as 8-8 before the season and the only difference between these predictions and those is that I now pick us to win against Indy, sweep Buffalo, and split with New England. I thought Indy and Buffalo would both improve on defense and they sure haven't yet. I also didn't think New England's secondary would be a dumpster fire.

IMO, the biggest factor is whether or not the Dolphins can stay healthy. If Miami avoids injuries over this stretch, I like the team's chances to take care of business against crap teams like the Titans and Jags.

Unless the Seahawks take a downard spiral during the course of a month, there is no way we're favored to beat them. Our offense is too young and inexperienced in matching up against the league's best defense. Although that is the only thing they have going for them, the 'Fins are obviously a more balanced team inregards to offense-defense-special teams without a doubt though.

@ Indy: Win (We match up well with them)
vs Ten: Win (Only way they can beat us is if Chris Johnson has a huge game but that wont happen with our defense)
@ Buf: Win (Wont be a blowout but we will win)
vs Seattle: Win (They are not that good on the road)
vs New England: Win (We will win this one at home in a close game)
@ San Fran: Loss (We will take a L on this game, if San Fran is on they are arguably the best team)
vs Jacksonville: Win (Its the Jags)
vs Buffalo: Win (We will win this game being home)
@ New England: Loss (Patriots will get us away)

Have to take into account that Seattle will be making a very long road trip to south beach. I know the west to east travel has a smaller effect than the east to west, but I think that could factor into things with a rookie qb especially. 10-6 is a real possibility.

You have that East-West coast thing the other way around. It's the Western teams that struggle more so on the East Coast than vice versa.

Srsly, the only games that worry me are the Pats games and I think we can take one at home.

San Francisco doesn't look that good. Everyone else is whatever.

I see split with the Bills and Patriots, Division games are never gimmes as evidence to the first game with the Jets this year. Seattle should be a win because it's the dreaded 1 pm road game for a west coast team. The SF defense has regressed this year, and Alex Smith is playing poorly as well. That should be enough of an edge for us to squeak out a W.

I think that as long as Miami can keep the turn over ratio positive they will be able to win any game. They are currently -2 for the year but are +3 during the 3 game winning streak.

Unless the Seahawks take a downard spiral during the course of a month, there is no way we're favored to beat them. Our offense is too young and inexperienced in matching up against the league's best defense. Although that is the only thing they have going for them, the 'Fins are obviously a more balanced team inregards to offense-defense-special teams without a doubt though.

Seahawks are a much different team on the road vs at home, and west coast teams are terrible playing 1pm games on the east coast. Seattle to Miami is the worst trip any team's got to make all year, with the exception of the Rams going all the way to London. I'm not saying that team is a pushover, but I do think that Miami should be favored in that matchup.

If we can get two wins out of seattle, new england (twice) and san fran.. then we'd be looking very strong.

i think you made a mistake saying every game outside of jacksonville and san francisco is a toss up. putting jacksonville in the same sentence is disrespectful to sf or many teams in the nfl, lol

I didn't make a mistake. Jacksonville is not a toss up. They are a terrible team, and the one team on the schedule that we should realistically expect to beat. San Fran isn't a toss up either, but for the opposite reason. They're the one team we shouldn't realistically expect to beat. Every other game could realistically go either way based on what we've seen so far.

I didn't make a mistake. Jacksonville is not a toss up. They are a terrible team, and the one team on the schedule that we should realistically expect to beat. San Fran isn't a toss up either, but for the opposite reason. They're the one team we shouldn't realistically expect to beat. Every other game could realistically go either way based on what we've seen so far.
o ok i hear ya. i thought u were saying san fran and jacksonville were both games we can easily win.

your right though, jax we should easily beat them, and san fran seems a bit easier than i thought it would be, but still will be a very hard one to win.

Back
Top Bottom