Dolphins reportedly interested in LB Avery Williamson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins reportedly interested in LB Avery Williamson

so Tennessee is trying to sign a 3 down mike to 4 years and $12 mil?

something just doesn't add up there

and does this dude have plus box instincts and read and diag?

No. But he sleeps in a Holiday Inn every Saturday night before the game!

Dude has got it goin' on!!!

BNF

I dont get it, isnt Kiko better at Mike and we drafted RM for Mike? There can only be one Mike lb so why have three when we dont have a Sam and Anthony as our only possibility at Will?

Hewitt is often forgotten in this mix. Chase Allen should progress as well. A move like this seems to always stagnate any young players development.

Of course, I have no idea what they're thinking at this point.

so Tennessee is trying to sign a 3 down mike to 4 years and $12 mil?

something just doesn't add up there

and does this dude have plus box instincts and read and diag?

I only watched a few titans games but from what I saw he was similar to what we already have in house. He's + in the run game he fills gaps and is quick on his feet gets to the ball carrier. Lacks in coverage - I mentioned in another thread he came off liked a polished Kiko when he played Mike for us

My assumption is he would play Mike and I guess him and Kiko in nickel? He's got game but I dunno if his game stands out much from Kiko and Raekwon as it is. On a 4/16 contract I figure it's a steal if you go Kiko weak Avery Mike Raekwon strong but that kinda of contradicts what everyone's gut seems to be and that's playing more dime/nickel and keeping McDonald in the box

I just dunno what this defense is gonna be this year how much base are we actually gonna run

Williamson, Kiko, McMillan, Anthony, Allen isn't bad linebacker depth but your lacking a coverage option unless McDonald is who you expect to do that? I wonder what signing him does to the idea of drafting James in the first as well

I don't think a cheap lb add like Williamson takes you out of the derwin james sweepstakes but it probably does take you of the lb draft add

that said I don't know what guarantees you derwin james being there at 11 if you make a cheap lb add

guess they go about it one at a time

But if you're paying Kiko and Avery and you invested the second rounder in Raekwon and you have reahad and tj on the contracts they are on then what's your intent w/ James?

Your right though, one at a time. Who knows

Ehh, sounds like a lateral kind of move. I would rather take Edmunds at 11 if they want a new LB.

Williamson is apparently very good against the run. He’s either insurance against McMillan not getting back to full speed or a move to SAM for McMillan is in the cards.

I always thought McMillan projected better at Sam anyway. He's not exactly a thumper and his speed is more valuable outside.

I think people need to stop thinking that James will be the pick at 11. The team wants Mayfield and if they can't get him they'll move down for picks

Ozzy rules!!

we have plenty of money. after the timmons and thomas, and suh we have 30 something mil

After releasing Timmons the Dolphins are only around 3 million under the cap. Release Thomas and they will be about 9 million under. Release Suh pre-June 1st they would be about 13 million under. Not sure where you are getting that 30 million from. People are thinking the Dolphins have more cap space than they actually do for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom