Dolphins schedule | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins schedule

We play the Patriots twice in 15 days and the Bills twice in 14 days over the last 6 weeks of the season. The good news is that we will have TJ McDonald for those games.

I just can't imagine him having that much of an impact this year being that he will have no connections or camaraderie with the defense and secondary members. This isn't a plug and play sport.

I just can't imagine him having that much of an impact this year being that he will have no connections or camaraderie with the defense and secondary members. This isn't a plug and play sport.

NO connections or comaraderie? NONE? He will be here all camp long and all through the PS games. He is also a vet and is already making those connections. It's not like he's a rookie. He's been here since the first of April. That's 5 months here and then he cannot report for two months. If we get into a scenario where Nate Allen is getting roasted or injured and Michael Thomas is starting, he will be a welcome addition.

NO connections or comaraderie? NONE? He will be here all camp long and all through the PS games. He is also a vet and is already making those connections. It's not like he's a rookie. He's been here since the first of April. That's 5 months here and then he cannot report for two months. If we get into a scenario where Nate Allen is getting roasted or injured and Michael Thomas is starting, he will be a welcome addition.

Gameday experience is critical and far more important.

And what does it matter that he's been here since the first of April when training camp hasn't even begun yet?

Gameday experience is critical and far more important.

And what does it matter that he's been here since the first of April when training camp hasn't even begun yet?

Well, that's obvious (game day experience) but you don't think he has been hanging with ANY of his teammates? You're making him out to be some sort of ghost that no one socializes (or practices) with but I doubt that's the case. He'll get as much work (full practice reps) as he can according to Gase.

McDonald said, “The only positive for me is I get to go into OTAs, still do all of camp, still do all of preseason. The one thing I can do is earn the respect for my work – through camp and OTAs – of my teammates and the coaches and provide a spark when I can. Week 9, I’ll be chomping at the bit.

Well, that's obvious (game day experience) but you don't think he has been hanging with ANY of his teammates? You're making him out to be some sort of ghost that no one socializes (or practices) with but I doubt that's the case. He'll get as much work (full practice reps) as he can according to Gase.

I said no such thing. That's your assumption.

What matters is that when it comes time to play that he is seeing the same things his teammates are with little to no communication in the seconds ticking down before the ball is snapped. That only comes with playing experience and extensive team film work. Something he won't have for half the season. It would be one thing if he had played for us last year and had some familiarity but that is obviously not the case. I'm just not expecting much nor for McDonald to come in and make a significant difference on the defense for the last 8 games.

McDonald said, “The only positive for me is I get to go into OTAs, still do all of camp, still do all of preseason. The one thing I can do is earn the respect for my work – through camp and OTAs – of my teammates and the coaches and provide a spark when I can. Week 9, I’ll be chomping at the bit.

Let me guess, is he also in the best shape of his life?

"being that he will have no connections or camaraderie with the defense and secondary members"

"No" means "No".

Jesus ****ing christ, kid.

Your interpretation was that I was making him to be some some sort of "ghost" that no one talks to and that's what I was alluding to with the quote in your post #21. (to further clarify the actual statement in http quotes, not the sentence you have in quotes)

You really think my intention of that post was that McDonald was bound, tied, and gagged in some ****ing Davie office closest with no interaction with teammates whatsoever? Get a grip.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom