Dolphins Should Cut Jay Cutler After Terrible Performance Against the Bucs | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Should Cut Jay Cutler After Terrible Performance Against the Bucs

Actually in hindsight, Gase should have recognized this as a lost season once Tannehill was out. Out years are far more important than this year.

As for Cutler, I've read you people for 5 years talking about how Tannehill was pissing blood because of the oline. Well we got a old vet back there with cracked ribs and a concussion....and you lob nothing but hate. All the while the offensive lineman have remained consistent in being consistently bad.

If Moore starts against NE, 40-0 is the bar or expected result since Moore has his own issues in identifying a blitz.

And then we would have bitched about him not trying to get a better QB than Moore. Some may not have liked the Cutler signing but doing nothing is giving up. I'm sure Gase did recognize our season just took a huge turn for the worst when Tannehill went down. He tried on very short notice and Cutler failed him. I'd rather have a coach that tries and fails than never trying. We would go ape **** if we went into the season with Moore as the main guy. Obviously, it's easy to see now it didn't matter. The line hasn't played as bad as Jay Cutler makes it seem. The guy is half the QB Tannehill is. Haven't seen this "god given super strong arm" from Jay either. I don't think it's too crazy to call out the O-Line when Turner and Thomas are playing NFL football. I didn't think our line was bad last year once those bums got cut (2016-30 sacks allowed) and honestly it really isn't terrible this year in pass protection (2017-25 sacks allowed). Cutler is clearly missing open receivers (seen in person), has no running ability (afraid to scramble for a first down), lobs balls, can't throw a consistent accurate out route, can't throw deep, throws game changing/losing passes, and most importantly brings the whole team down (even the D). I lob nothing but hate because he lobs nothing but Ints. Believe me, I'm way too much a homer to talk **** about our guy unless he's literally ruining games and everyone's time which he is. I have nothing personal against Cutler. He just sucks and thank god we only have 5 more games of him as a Dolphin. PHINS UP!! Only 5 left!!

Last edited:
This is one of the biggest things I hate about football. It’s slways just the last thing you saw period. Like any team that’s ever gameplanned for Matt Moore has won 40-0 period, case closed. If I point out big wins vs the Jets and Bills last year it’s, those teams suck. If I point out Tannehill had the same task setup for him once (beat a bad Jets and Bills team make the playoffs) and failed I’m an idiot it’s a team game. Christmas Eve a few years back we went into NE with Matt Moore at QB and he played pretty well but we lost 27-24, not 40-0. The point I’m trying to make is there really isn’t much difference between the 2 QB’s and Moore has looked better when he goes in for relief. I think gauging his whole career off the Baltimore game is short sighted as he took 0 practice reps the prior week and had 1 walkthrough practice before the game. Why not pick the 4 TD Jets game to define his whole career? Why that Ravens game only? Just aggravates me that every Moore game is now. 40-0 blowout.

Also, Cutler was sacked 1 time vs Oakland and Carolina combined, I don’t know how many times TB got to him. Maybe it’s the QB. Pass pro has been fine lately yet the excuse won’t go away. Does anyone watch Russell Wilson? That guy takes a 3 step drop and immediately has to move from his spot. There’s a team with bad pass pro, do there fans cry about it over and over and over?

Moore stat line for his last start in Foxboro:
16-32 281 yards 3 TD's 1 INT, name a Dolphins QB who's had more TD's and less INT's in Foxboro over the last 17 years?

Oh god!! The Moore vs Cutler comparison is laughable at this point. I appreciate Moore as a great teammate and a badass backup. At least the guy goes into the game with a desire to win. Cutler hasn't cared about anything but his money he legally stole and not getting hurt. Yes, we've allowed 25 sacks this year which isn't that bad and definitely not something to bitch about (Cowboys allowed 28 in 2016). It's Cutler who is the problem. I rode blind optimism until I couldn't take watching the bum play anymore. It's actually embarrassing to watch around other fans since they think this is the real Dolphins. On the bright side, instead of being 8-8 or 9-7 every year, we will finally have a top 10 pick instead of getting close just to get a mid 1st rounder. This season could be a blessing in disguise if we end up with top tier talent. Look at the Cowboys. They weren't really a 4-12 team but losing Romo for the season (career) ended up being a gift by getting a top 3-5 RB in the NFL. We're not a 4-6 win team with Tannehill.

Some people just don't want to admit he's a good player and a better QB than Cutler. Not just at this point in their careers, but in terms of winning %, forever. Matt has a > winning percentage as a starter than Jay when teams were game planning for him - on two bad teams in Carolina and Miami. He's also 3-1 off of the bench in Miami. Cutler has a <.500 winning percentage - and playing on same good teams in Denver and Chicago.

Games/wins/losses/ties/winning pctg
View attachment 10301
View attachment 10302
So how could anyone conclude he's the better QB?

At this point, I am fully confident someone on Finheaven can QB better than Cutler. IMHO he never left retirement mode. I gave Cutler his chance and I just couldn't take it anymore. I thought Cutler had a better skill-set. I was very wrong on Cutler. He shows the value we have in Tannehill. Tannehill isn't A-Rod but just came off his best season as the 12th best QB. Moore is every bit as good as Cutler without the "bringing down the team" energy Cutler shows. Ya dude, I doubt many on the board can actually defend Cutler. Maybe I forgot what we had before RT but I can't remember the last time I was this disgusted with our QB. Even Henne was better than Jay Cutler lol very sad

Yes but the team plays better w him than they do Jay IMO.

As confirmed by Moore's only 2 starts of the season against the Ravens and Patriots right? LOL

How many sacks did Moore take in this last game due to his utter lack of pocket presence and ability to read a defense before the snap. Preach on my friend but in the end when a team game plans for Moore this year, it's going to get ugly almost every time.

As confirmed by Moore's only 2 starts of the season against the Ravens and Patriots right? LOL

How many sacks did Moore take in this last game due to his utter lack of pocket presence and ability to read a defense before the snap. Preach on my friend but in the end when a team game plans for Moore this year, it's going to get ugly almost every time.
as opposed to game planning for Cutler which is just oh so difficult. Please...

And then we would have bitched about him not trying to get a better QB than Moore. Some may not have liked the Cutler signing but doing nothing is giving up. I'm sure Gase did recognize our season just took a huge turn for the worst when Tannehill went down. He tried on very short notice and Cutler failed him. I'd rather have a coach that tries and fails than never trying. We would go ape **** if we went into the season with Moore as the main guy. Obviously, it's easy to see now it didn't matter. The line hasn't played as bad as Jay Cutler makes it seem. The guy is half the QB Tannehill is. Haven't seen this "god given super strong arm" from Jay either. I don't think it's too crazy to call out the O-Line when Turner and Thomas are playing NFL football. I didn't think our line was bad last year once those bums got cut (2016-30 sacks allowed) and honestly it really isn't terrible this year in pass protection (2017-25 sacks allowed). Cutler is clearly missing open receivers (seen in person), has no running ability (afraid to scramble for a first down), lobs balls, can't throw a consistent accurate out route, can't throw deep, throws game changing/losing passes, and most importantly brings the whole team down (even the D). I lob nothing but hate because he lobs nothing but Ints. Believe me, I'm way too much a homer to talk **** about our guy unless he's literally ruining games and everyone's time which he is. I have nothing personal against Cutler. He just sucks and thank god we only have 5 more games of him as a Dolphin. PHINS UP!! Only 5 left!!

The Cutler decision, and everything that led to having to decide between Cutler and Moore has been a disaster.

Some people just don't want to admit he's a good player and a better QB than Cutler. Not just at this point in their careers, but in terms of winning %, forever. Matt has a > winning percentage as a starter than Jay when teams were game planning for him - on two bad teams in Carolina and Miami. He's also 3-1 off of the bench in Miami. Cutler has a <.500 winning percentage - and playing on same good teams in Denver and Chicago.

Games/wins/losses/ties/winning pctg
View attachment 10301
View attachment 10302
So how could anyone conclude he's the better QB?

The win percentage is probably due to Jay being a quitter. He has no heart and doesn’t inspire anyone. Moore motivates the players around him; they want to play for him.

The win percentage is probably due to Jay being a quitter. He has no heart and doesn’t inspire anyone. Moore motivates the players around him; they want to play for him.
exactly. no one here thinks matt moore is anything special, but at least when we play crap teams hes able to move the offense, something with jay cutler we have not done thus far.

jay cutler from a physical talent perspective deff is better than moore, and more gifted than many qbs. unfortunately, he has no heart, and he plays scared , so it means nothing .

it would have been one thing if jay cutler was still playing and we gave up a 5th rounder or something hoping he has something left in the tank, but considering he had missed a good chunk of the 2016 season with an injury, and then retired to become a broadcaster, he was nowhere near football mode, and should not have been given 10 million.

Back
Top Bottom