Dolphins show serious interest in QB John Skelton | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins show serious interest in QB John Skelton

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
According to a league source, the Miami Dolphins have displayed a lot of interest in Skelton.

The 6-foot-5, 243-pounder has run the 40-yard dash in 4.83 seconds, registering a 33 1/2 inch vertical leap, a 9-foot broad jump and a 4.33 in the 20-yard shuttle.

He played in the East-West Shrine all-star game.

For his career, he passed for 9,923 yards, 69 touchdowns and 36 interceptions with a 58.8 completion percentage.

Last season, he passed for a career-high 2,708, 26 touchdowns and 10 interceptions with a 64.4 completion percentage.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-source_john_skelton_in_demand_html-201048

very good return value....take him in the third/fourth...shape him up,sort of like the Falcons did w/ Shaub,and in 3-4 years,send him off for a first rounder,couple of late round picks,and a few players.....very smart potential plan for building for the future...

very good return value....take him in the third/fourth...shape him up,sort of like the Falcons did w/ Shaub,and in 3-4 years,send him off for a first rounder,couple of late round picks,and a few players.....very smart potential plan for building for the future...

And have 5 QB's on our roster?

And have 5 QB's on our roster?
first of all,Im not saying we should draft him,or en-route of doing so.Next,I think we can all agree we have no suitable answer at QB should Henne go down.I also think we can all agree that both Pat White and Thigpen's future w/ the Dolphins is seriously cloudy...one might not even make the roster by the end of this off-season...

cannon arm big kid...i mentioned him on here a while ago as someone who stood out to me with his arm in the game and i think ck said that at the shrine bowl practices all week he failed to impress very much...

i sure hope though we don't use a top 4 round pick on a qb...not really sure i'd consider one til very late

ball comes off alive with this kid...and on a rope

If we draft the guy he has to find a way to outplay Pat White at the QB position...Poor kid.

I like the name. If we don't draft him I hope the Raiders do with all of the skulls and skeletons their fans wear.

What is the surprise here? They are doing their do diligence. If you can upgrade your team at a position you do it especially with the value aspect. We have Henne, Pennington, Thigpen, and White. Henne is the starter while Pennington is gone and White is a question mark. Thigpen is trade bait IMO. So you let Pennington retire and White is a player without a position and Thigpen is gone possibly. I love Henne but what if he is only average and gets hurt? Then you are a team like SD was with Rivers and Brees. If you think Skelton is good then you could have two Qbs one to use one to dangle

Yeah, that's EXACTLY what we need. Use ANOTHER 2nd or 3rd rounder on a Quarterback for the 18th year in a row. Because, by the looks of things, that's where we would have to take him. This guy will not last until the 4th round. We have WAY more pressing needs, than to use such a high pick on a luxury guy like Skelton. Besides, we already have THAT "potential" guy, his name is Tyler Thigpen.

Barf. He's an arm and that's about it. Footwork is very mechanical, he doesn't breathe in the pocket, his accuracy is scattershot, not necessarily smart with the football.

Plz no more QBs we have Chad Henne and a very good backup in Tyler Thigpen move pat white to a differnt postion and we are good

Back
Top Bottom