Dolphins show some interest in Freeney | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins show some interest in Freeney

Yea, I too am getting a bit bothered by all these consecutive "Dolphins interested in" reports only to read so and so agrees to terms with... get us a pass rusher already and prepare for the draft sheesh.

There were threads like that about Mike Wallace, who was a MUCH bigger deal, and look who signed him.

When we had no TE and there was a good receiving TE linked to us, look who signed him...

same with Ellerbe, who was probably the 2'nd most coveted FA after only Wallace... guess who signed the top 2 FA? .....

I mean really??? This has been an off season to remember, we have been very active, and you post something like that...

With all those draft picks i think the they'll only add other players at their price so we may be done for now.
As time goes by they probably feel like they have the upper hand.

This has Denver written all over it. He will want to go to a sure fire playoff team. We are team that really is competing for a Wild Card berth at best. Do we really want to spend more money on a rental? or draft and develop current players on the roster?

This has Denver written all over it. He will want to go to a sure fire playoff team. We are team that really is competing for a Wild Card berth at best. Do we really want to spend more money on a rental? or draft and develop current players on the roster?

imo OUR Team is as good as Denver is the only thing that Denver has that we dont is a QB that is a franchise player, BUT Tanny has just as much Arm strength as Manning if not stronger , Tanny has better scrambling ability , and from what ive seen has good deep ball accuracy , and with all the WR help and TE help , Tanny will be able to prove he canbe an elete QB , our defence is just as good as denver and right now on paper our offence is just as good we need to tweak the OL and get another pass rusher oppsite of Wake (freeney) and grab a vet CB ,than draft a CB , and imo our team will be just as good if not better than denver , soo Freeney isnt pickin Denver just because of playoffs because we will be right there competing with just about anybody , and can go just as far into the playoffs as denver .

Freeney is on record that he will wait for a team to pony up his price. If it really is 6 mil and he sticks to his word, he needs to submit his retirement papers.

imo OUR Team is as good as Denver is the only thing that Denver has that we dont is a QB that is a franchise player, BUT Tanny has just as much Arm strength as Manning if not stronger , Tanny has better scrambling ability , and from what ive seen has good deep ball accuracy , and with all the WR help and TE help , Tanny will be able to prove he canbe an elete QB , our defence is just as good as denver and right now on paper our offence is just as good we need to tweak the OL and get another pass rusher oppsite of Wake (freeney) and grab a vet CB ,than draft a CB , and imo our team will be just as good if not better than denver , soo Freeney isnt pickin Denver just because of playoffs because we will be right there competing with just about anybody , and can go just as far into the playoffs as denver .

This all sounds true, but the Broncos we're a blown play away from Superbowl Sunday....as much as I hope (and believe) we can and will compete with Denver....still takes time to develop team chemistry and if I'm Freeney I don't wanna wait around to see if it pans out.

The Fins now seem to be window shopping a lot of players to gauge where they can get deals and what back up options are for the draft. Nothing wrong with it. 6 mil is high for what would be the oldest player on our young up and coming team. I wouldn't mind seeing him a Fin for two years if it lets is draft BPA for two years in the first round.

Elvis D will earn nealy three mil this year so we should structure a similar deal for freeney

Meh, offer him an incentive laden contract at best. But seriously...Dolphins should have less interest in Freeney and more interest in their new logo.

Back
Top Bottom