Dolphins sign Jack Discroll | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign Jack Discroll

These guys didn't like him. He will compete for backup or starter at one of the guard spots. Those posts were in response to him playing tackle I believe, he may do better at Guard? Or he may suck, we won't know until the pads come on, but bringing in lots of bodies to compete is not a bad thing.
I agree.

Driscoll does not mean that. Kion Smith is the most likely to be Armstead's designated backup if Lamm isn't re-signed. Maybe Ryan Hayes. Driscoll should stay on the right side.
Where did you read Lamm wants to get a deal? I guess you mean more of a deal than Miami wants to pay.
yes, after watching some tape he needs to play inside for sure. as for Lamm, yes, I think he wants more than Miami might be willing to pay.

No need to smear a good man. CK has a passion for the game and actually studies the players. He may not be correct but I'm always interested in his opinion. His contribution on 3YPC podcast is probably one of the most informative Miami Dolphins updates out there.
I know zilch about Driscoll. However, when was the last time that Howie Roseman let a good player go?
The way the NFL is structured with its cap in place, Free Agency takes care of that.

The thought of counting on Wynn to be the LG all season doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. He is more injury-prone than Armstead. What is a good over/under for the week Wynn goes on IR? Week 6? Week 8?
I wish Grier would quit shopping at the bargain bin for offensive guards. Sign someone like Dalton Risner or Mark Glowinski. At least we'd have a reasonable hope they'd be still standing by Week 18.

You seem to have forgotten something.
Right now, that "bargain bin" offers us the most for our "limited" bucks.

Grier is doing all the Right things for all the Right reasons Right now.

That makes you RONG! - LOL

oh for sure....we need to draft OL with our top pick
Or pick DT and replace Wilkins. There are 3 or 4 DTs in this draft that would fit the bill. My fave is T'Vondre Sweat who should be called Mt. Sweat because he's a massive and an excellent DT. Pair him with Seiler and boom!! We'd be tough to run on!!

I think I will piss off the draft OL guys with...this means we will definitely draft DT with the first pick which make me very happy lol.
Nope. Unless we sign one in FA IMO we are drafting a big WR first. My hope is Keon Coleman, FSU.

The way the NFL is structured with its cap in place, Free Agency takes care of that.
I'm still of the view that Eagles GM, Howie Roseman is near the best in the NFL. He and his team are really good at evaluating player talent and consistently get it right. Ray, you are correct that the salary cap and free agency severely impact a team to hold talent and Philadelphia also had to prioritize this year with the dead cap hits from Jason Kelce and Fletcher Cox. However, having developed Driscoll, Howie made a decision not to keep him. (Jack Driscoll 3 year deal with Miami - averages only $947,350 pa *Spotrac).

Last edited:
Or pick DT and replace Wilkins. There are 3 or 4 DTs in this draft that would fit the bill. My fave is T'Vondre Sweat who should be called Mt. Sweat because he's a massive and an excellent DT. Pair him with Seiler and boom!! We'd be tough to run on!!
Sweat is a 2nd rounder....2nd round is where I'd look for a DT.....I like Branden Fiske from FSU

Fiske can penetrate 19.5 sacks in college while Sweat is more of a space eater but not a pass rusher....only 5 sacks for his career

Last edited:
think eich is firmly entrenched as backup center to Aaron Brewer regardless of anything else.

but i think he has his eye on that starting RG spot.
RG appears to be Liam Eichenberg's best spot, but we may find a better guard in the Draft.

Back
Top Bottom