Dolphins sign Jack Discroll | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign Jack Discroll

I would be lying if I said I ever paid attention to him. I follow the draft and don’t recall anything there either. Looking at the clips that were posted, looked like he was getting beat around the edge. So it sure feels like he is a guard.

I hope we draft over Eichy. I’d love to sign Lamm but not sure we can afford him.

think eich is firmly entrenched as backup center to Aaron Brewer regardless of anything else.

but i think he has his eye on that starting RG spot.
100% agree on this one.

Now that Eichenberg has gotten some starts at Center, we actually have a backup Center. Previously, we really didn't and it led directly to some weak play right out of the box.

None of our other IOL players have any real experience at Center, so Liam is unique right now. At least... until we draft a Center. So watch that develop. If we don't draft one, Liam sticks, and in light of the three year commitment to Brewer, I don't think we draft one.

Now, as far as RG goes, I think Liam and Jones get first crack at that. I'm not buying any of the others as a potential starter.

No need to smear a good man. CK has a passion for the game and actually studies the players. He may not be correct but I'm always interested in his opinion. His contribution on 3YPC podcast is probably one of the most informative Miami Dolphins updates out there.
I know zilch about Driscoll. However, when was the last time that Howie Roseman let a good player go?

True story:

About 13 years ago, CK and I got into a mildly heated debate about a QB. He insisted the guy wouldn’t amount to much. I was of the opinion the guy had the tools to be a dynamic playmaker in the NFL, if he went to a team that was willing to adjust.

He wasn’t a horrible passer, but he wasn’t tremendously accurate. However, he had ridiculous arm talent and athleticism.

That player was Colin Kaepernick. I’m still not sure who was right.

Whether or not he starts, he seems to be a definite upgrade as a backup offensive lineman.

Grier continues to use the team limited cap money to sign players that should provide quality talent to the roster.

Back
Top Bottom