Dolphins sign punter Jake Bailey to a two year extension | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign punter Jake Bailey to a two year extension

I obviously would like for the Dolphins to have the best punter in the league as well as the best player at every position on the team. Yet that isn’t realistic with the salary cap.

Knowing how little they have to spend on a punter, considering they have so many positions to fill on the roster, I’m just not going to get upset about this signing.

They needed a punter at a reasonable salary and that’s what they have. I can live with that.
It would have been cheaper to draft one late or sign an un-drafted rookie and the production would have been similar. Maybe even better.

Even if we wanted him back for snap handling purposes who was going to pay this guy more than league minimum? Specially when a league minimum punter or rookie punter probably would not count against the cap AT ALL

Ytho GIF

2024$1,675,000$2,225,000($550,000)
2025$2,525,000$550,000$1,975,000

This is just another example of Grier making the fan base lose their mind. What in the world could be the logic behind the signing beyond stupidity how about work on your offensive line that you can’t fix for 20 years?

Somebody must rate him. No idea who. Stats don't lie especially with ST kickers.

Back
Top Bottom