Dolphins Special Teams: 31st in punt return coverage, 32nd in kickoff return coverage | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Special Teams: 31st in punt return coverage, 32nd in kickoff return coverage

Dude, we're so freakin bad on ST, that i'm contemplating on putting our starters there. Let Joey Porter go out there and make a tackle....lol j/k

Does that surprise you? (where've you been lately..keeping the California highways safe?)

YES IT DOES!!!! :lol:

Sorry I started a new job and it's kept me out of the office a lot, but I was moved positions now again.....moved back to a desk and running a team of 4. So you'll be reading my nonsense more regularly again!

Our special teams has been HORRIBLE! I don't know what the problem is, or why they can't seem to fix it. Sparano and co. really need to figure out what's going on and FIX IT! Remember the Texans game when they returned that TD on us? Take that away and we probably would have won that game. Same thing almost happened to us yesterday against the Raiders, thank your God that it didn't. That's not counting all the big returns that went against us and set up easy TDs for the opposing team, Denver comes to mind as well as some others. Imagine how much better we would be and how much more in control we would be if we could JUST TACKLE GUYS on punt and kickoff returns.

What's scary to me is you Coach Sparano, B.P. and crew are obviously aware of this now. They've done amazing work in a lot of other areas, so they couldn't possibly have ignored the ST. Assuming that they have recognized the problem and have tried to work on it, it's only seemed to get worse.
I'm totally not blaming them, just saying that we have to think they've tried to fix it with no results. There's probably not much they can do mid season anyway, there isn't exactly top flight personnel waiting to be signed right now.

if not for Cobbs we would look worse than a high school team in special teams.

Is this guy a playmaker or what?

I know thank god for Cobbs. He is quickly becoming one of my favorite players because he does everything:hi5:

Back
Top Bottom