Dolphins’ Tannehill ready to be top eight QB? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins’ Tannehill ready to be top eight QB?

Im full on convinced Tannehill is going to be really really good this year. Hes already shown hes a good QB, and now the stars are fully aligned for him this year. If hes not top 8 id be surprised and wrong about Tannehill's ceiling, which i think is a notch shy of brady/rodgers. Matt Ryan demonstrated the same ascension last year.

He was pro bowl bound last year before injury. He'll never be that top 3-4 elite guy in the league. But hes always been underappreciated, navigating through horrible surroundings. While he will continue to flourish with Gase (scheme, audibles, freedom, confidence), the whole team is. The guys around him are getting better finally with the new staff. Team simply has a different attitude than before, with more alpha personalities.

He finally got a running game and adequate blocking last year and you see what happened.

He was pro bowl bound last year before injury. He'll never be that top 3-4 elite guy in the league. But hes always been underappreciated, navigating through horrible surroundings. While he will continue to flourish with Gase (scheme, audibles, freedom, confidence), the whole team is. The guys around him are getting better finally with the new staff. Team simply has a different attitude than before, with more alpha personalities.

He finally got a running game and adequate blocking last year and you see what happened.

I wouldn't say never but you're probably more right than wrong. Tannehill has many more years left in the league and the NFL will be losing several top notch QB's in the next few years.

Tom Brady 39
Drew Brees 38
Carson Palmer 37
Aaron Rodgers 33
Eli Manning 36
Phillip Rivers 35
Ben Roethlisberger 35

That will leave Cam Newton, Russel Wilson, Matt Ryan, Mathew Stafford, Kirk Cousins, Andrew Luck, Derek Carr and Marcus Marriota as the best of the rest. RT can certainly compete with most of those guys.

I see Tannehill having (2000-2002) Rich Gannon type seasons over the next several years except he will do it at 28 instead of starting at 35 years old.

Long shot? Wtf are you talking about? He was top 12 last year!

Two spots difference is a long shot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His Total QB rating was 24th. It measures the influence of the QB on the scoring. Also 23 QB had more yards per game. However he did improve in two very important stats, completion % and yards per attempt. His long passes were beautiful. Now just keep improving and we may have a game influencer.

We have the same thread every year. "This is the yesr Tanny is going to be top 10".
:yap:

After the first few weeks last year in a new offense he was playing top 10 until Campbell's cheap shot. No logical reason to think he can't be a top 10 this year with this coaching staff and talent around him, but not everyone recognizes talent. The truth is Tannehill and the entire Miami Dolphins organization were crippled by the stupidity and ignorance of Queasy Joe (thanks Ross), but what does that matter this is a result based industry and the facts are Tannehill has never played in a playoff game (thanks Campbell) lol. I guess it's just a coincidence that his first year free of Queasy Joe, he and the entire team started to blossom :rolleyes2:

His Total QB rating was 24th. It measures the influence of the QB on the scoring. Also 23 QB had more yards per game. However he did improve in two very important stats, completion % and yards per attempt. His long passes were beautiful. Now just keep improving and we may have a game influencer.

Are you really quoting that bull**** QBR stat that ESPN uses and wont disclose how they calculate? Seriously?

Are you really quoting that bull**** QBR stat that ESPN uses and wont disclose how they calculate? Seriously?

Before getting mad please look at the list and look at who's on top and who's on bottom every year. It's pretty accurate. Last year top two QBs were Ryan and Brady, the two SB starters! I am a die hard fan like you. Just happen to see lots of NFL games and can compare between QBs and I think Tannehill still needs to improve a lot to be a game changer and that is what we will need this year with this nightmare schedule. I hope he does.

You don't go 7-1 out of your last 8 games through the capriciousness of luck!!! His record, ratio of TDs/Ints, 100.1QBR and 69% completion rate during that period after the new system kicked in is definitely "Top 10 QB" neighborhood.

What some have said in the past about "this being the year Tannehill turns the corner" is less relevant than the above anecdotal evidence of its probability finally coming to fruition. No guarantee, but there's little reason to think his progression won't continue either.

Ryan Tannehill just needs to continue what he's been doing for 5 years. He's never stopped improving and last year the fans and the rest of teammates reaped the benefits of his labor with a playoff appearance.

2017 is for #17.

It's his year to get the accolades he deserves. I know he only cares about winning but this season he will finally get the credit he deserves. The front office has done a masterful job surrounding him with talent at the skill positions. Laremy Tunsil might finish next season as the best OL on the planet. We can't ask for more than that.

Landry, Parker and Stills are going to be unstoppable in 2017.

Mike Pouncey and Julius Thomas are my concern. If we get 32 starts out of those two guys even Bill Belichek won't slow down this offense.

You don't go 7-1 out of your last 8 games through the capriciousness of luck!!! His record, ratio of TDs/Ints, 100.1QBR and 69% completion rate during that period after the new system kicked in is definitely "Top 10 QB" neighborhood.

What some have said in the past about "this being the year Tannehill turns the corner" is less relevant than the above anecdotal evidence of its probability finally coming to fruition. No guarantee, but there's little reason to think his progression won't continue either.

Hey brother I agree that there is evidence that his progression should continue and that is the best news this team can have for this year. That 7-1 run had some really good games from Tanny like Chargers, Arizona, Buffalo and Steelers. But also some games in which he was not good and got a lot of help from Defense or ST and the Baltimore game he played really bad and we lost.

Hey brother I agree that there is evidence that his progression should continue and that is the best news this team can have for this year. That 7-1 run had some really good games from Tanny like Chargers, Arizona, Buffalo and Steelers. But also some games in which he was not good and got a lot of help from Defense or ST and the Baltimore game he played really bad and we lost.

:err:

Before getting mad please look at the list and look at who's on top and who's on bottom every year. It's pretty accurate. Last year top two QBs were Ryan and Brady, the two SB starters! I am a die hard fan like you. Just happen to see lots of NFL games and can compare between QBs and I think Tannehill still needs to improve a lot to be a game changer and that is what we will need this year with this nightmare schedule. I hope he does.

Stats are nice for baseball, but in the ultimate team sport they are pretty meaningless. Russel Wilson is a legend in some people's minds because he won a SB so early, disregarding the fact Seattle passed the ball less than every other team in the NFL that year. Does it matter though to most people? No, he won, that is what this game is all about. People will continue to doubt Tannehill until he does this one simple thing on a big stage, for all to see. I believe this is the year.

Stats are nice for baseball, in the ultimate team sport they are pretty meaningless. Russel Wilson is a legend in some people's minds because he won a SB so early, disregarding the fact Seattle passed the ball less than every other team in the NFL that year. Does it matter though to most people? No, he won, that is what this game is all about, and people will continue to doubt Tannehill until he does this one simple thing on a big stage, for all to see. I believe this is the year.

Bingo. Same goes for Tom Brady with his early years and first SB win. Not as lopsided as Seattle, but NE was a run first team that slowly brought along their QB.

Back
Top Bottom