Dolphins TC Videos and Pics Thread | Page 61 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins TC Videos and Pics Thread

Better be calling to see what veteran receivers are available for trade, we could use 1 very good one. Parker and Grant sitting out some practices has me nervous that they may not make it thru the season, for a true number #2 I would give up a 3rd or 4th and pay him.
Preston Williams is still on this team.

Yes. Don't be sucked in by Bobby's wacky hair. Listen to any of his interviews since he was drafted. Every single question is answered seriously and intelligently. Bobby is a helluva lot smarter than he looks.
Every year or so, about 8 Dolphin players participate in the offseason business course that Mr Ross coordinates in New York City, where players get some business training and meet top businessmen to help prepare for careers post football (it's a terrific initiative). A couple of years ago I'm watching the little video on MiamiDolphins.com and I recognize Bobby's face. He was wearing a suit and tie and looked a million dollars, the hair was pulled back and he was making a presentation to the businessmen. It struck me that the wacky hair may be a bit of an act, he polishes up well when he wants to. He also has the reputation for being the top trash talker on the field but listen to his answers in the interviews - he is well spoken - a total professional and he takes his football very seriously.

I wasn't questioning Bobby's intelligence.

I was just wondering how we know he's more intelligent than Xavien Howard.

We more than likely would of still taken Jackson considering the needs on the offensive line, it would of been painful watching him slip bye. Watching Baltimore move up to take that Ohio St. RB JK Dobbins was painful to but still think we take Reakwon Davis because of the defensive line, still it would of been interesting to see if we really would of passed on both those guys.
I wanted Jonathan Taylor myself. Passing up on all the RBs was very interesting at the time.

I wanted Jonathan Taylor myself. Passing up on all the RBs was very interesting at the time.

My take on that all is that the team probably came into the draft with an eye towards beefing up both lines and the defense in general. And they weren't willing to deviate from the master plan regardless of what skill players presented themselves. Probably why some of the picks felt like reaches at the time and might still in the future. But a lot of rebuilding teams make a point to focus on certain areas early on in the rebuild, there is a logic to it, but you gotta hit on enough of the picks to make it worthwhile.

Wha? Might it be Tua Time next Sunday? You also know we aren't hearing who the starter is until way late in the week. What's the latest they can announce the starter?

I don’t think they have to at all. Of course I’m sure we’d know pre game Sunday morning at least

My take on that all is that the team probably came into the draft with an eye towards beefing up both lines and the defense in general. And they weren't willing to deviate from the master plan regardless of what skill players presented themselves. Probably why some of the picks felt like reaches at the time and might still in the future. But a lot of rebuilding teams make a point to focus on certain areas early on in the rebuild, there is a logic to it, but you gotta hit on enough of the picks to make it worthwhile.

I know. But with so many really good RBs available I still thought one was an option. Now I just hope Breida and Howard can make the position solid again.

Back
Top Bottom