Dolphins too cautious with Lamar Miller? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins too cautious with Lamar Miller?

Are Dolphins being too cautious with RB Lamar Miller?

• Yes

Votes: 31 33.0%
  • No

Votes: 54 57.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 9 9.6%

• Total voters
Both Thomas and Miller will get a significant amount of snaps.

I think it could potentially end up being a 60/40 situation where Lamar Miller gets a bit more snaps but both players are vital to the offense in different ways. In the event that this happens, it also means that Lamar Miller wasn't the potentially 1,500 yard back that we hoped him to be.

Your Job would be in Jeopardy the week of the season, because once those blitzs are controlled, then the TE's will have a field day in your defensive secondary.

Miller will be Okay, he does seems to fall by arm tackles though. but once yo see him rip off a 30 yard run everything will be forgiven.

I wouldn't doubt they have him on a pitch count, so to speak. No reason to do a Dustin Keller to your
starting RB.

I don't see him getting 20-25 carries a game, he won't hold up physically.... I see him getting 15-18 touches around 10-12 carries. The way Bush was used in NO

Nope. They knew what they had from him from the get go. He was turning heads from the start.
For a running back, imo always better to keep them fresh.
The only questions were knowing the playbook and the passing game stuff.
Working out with Gore this offseason is awesome and it's a great sign that he wants to improve.

Let's see how he goes before anointing him the next Adrian Peterson. I actually like the idea of mixing it up so that Danny Thomas can give Lamar a breather. The fact that Philbin and Sherman have both gone out of their way to repeatedly talk up DT, is interesting. I don't see Philbin as a pathological liar like Belichick or Jim Harbaugh, or a buffoon like Rex Ryan, so why has he repeatedly talked up DT? Maybe because there isn't a big gap between the two RBs.

Let's see how he goes before anointing him the next Adrian Peterson. I actually like the idea of mixing it up so that Danny Thomas can give Lamar a breather. The fact that Philbin and Sherman have both gone out of their way to repeatedly talk up DT, is interesting. I don't see Philbin as a pathological liar like Belichick or Jim Harbaugh, or a buffoon like Rex Ryan, so why has he repeatedly talked up DT? Maybe because there isn't a big gap between the two RBs.

I don't know what philbin is thinking, but I can tell you that if Thomas runs like he has shown he can, with aggression, he could for sure be solid. I just think his ceiling is much lower than Miller's.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4

Miller should be a star early. Lots of burst runs at the hash marks. That's been his history. He stunned Ohio State in the opener two years ago early in the first quarter. I suspect there will be plenty of posts around here saying we're better off without Reggie.

Later in the year is the concern, once opponents key on his tendencies and weaknesses, and the shoulder problem is more of an issue, given sheer probability of taking a hit in that area.

I agree and was ecstatic to get Miller in the 4th round. My only concern was if he would be able to up his play to the NFL level. Now that i see he has i just cant wait to see him get a significant number of carries over the course of an entire season

DT reminds me of the old Packer RB Dorsey Levens. Big reliable and can run, block catch. He was an every down back and always there in the flat when Farve needed him

I think we have a nice affordable stable of backs going. It wouldnt surprise me to see LM have a freak of a year like Chris Johnson several years ago

Back
Top Bottom