Dolphins Trade for McKinnie | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Trade for McKinnie

McKinnie was done two years ago. The guy is lazy, parties all day and just doesn't take care of his body. The Ravens started playing him late last year (after having spent most of the year on the bench) to make a run, partly at the urging of Ed Reed, who was a teammate of McKinnie's at the U. Somehow he managed to put together a very nice stretch run through the end of the year and the playoffs and the Ravens foolishly expected him to come into this year motivated.

Didn't happen. He was back to being done. And now here we come, with 2/3rds of the season left to go, expecting him to care. Unless he's a superfan who's always dreamed of playing for the Dolphins I wouldn't count on it. The guy is a big, immobile piece of slab bacon, totally unsuited to a zone blocking scheme.

Unless I'm mistaken he's never been an RT so I think this kicks Jonathan Martin over to the right side.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Dolphins are a mess. This move stinks of desperation. We trade for a guy who cant even make the gameday roster. What have any of the people in charge of the dolphins ever done to make the fanbase have confidence in the decisions they make? Nothing. Anyone who believes in these people are doing so based on blind faith. I for one have no faith in them and will not believe they have what it takes to make this team a winner until we have won.

McKinnie is as mobile as a tree sloth and is out of shape. How in the hell is he going to last in the Miami heat for 4 quarters at his 360 pounds??!!

People have been complaining that anything would be better than Clabo and that the organization would be crazy to not try and fix the situation with other personnel. Now they do and the move is condemned here.

I don't think Mckinnie is gonna be great, but it's gonna be hard not to be an improvement on Clabo. This could be a season saving move not just for the results at the line position, but also because its gonna gonna give the offense a little confidence boost and encouragement.

Is there something less than a 7th rounder that could be traded? Desperation.

McKinnie was done two years ago. The guy is lazy, parties all day and just doesn't take care of his body. The Ravens signed him late last year to make a run, partly at the urging of Ed Reed, who was a teammate of McKinnie's at the U. Somehow he managed to put together a very nice stretch run through the end of the year and the playoffs and the Ravens foolishly expected him to come into this year motivated.

Didn't happen. He was back to being done. And now here we come, with 2/3rds of the season left to go, expecting him to care. Unless he's a superfan who's always dreamed of playing for the Dolphins I wouldn't count on it. The guy is a big, immobile piece of slab bacon, totally unsuited to a zone blocking scheme.

Unless I'm mistaken he's never been an RT so I think this kicks Jonathan Martin over to the right side.

McKinnie played exceptional in the Ravens playoff run last year and was very important in helping get the Ravens a Super Bowl win.
That said, he has looked awful this year.

Oh but the whole Brandon Albert thing and Jake Long Contract offer were smokescreen, there was really no worries about the OLINE, John Martin was the plan all along. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! This place is funny, Andy Reid is laughing hysterically at us right now. We wouldn't pull the trigger for Brandon Albert so we could draft 2 CB's so good they can't get Jimmy Wilson off the field, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....The Dolphins are comical, Ireland needs to go. Keeping him when Sparano was fired has set us back even farther.

People have been complaining that anything would be better than Clabo and that the organization would be crazy to not try and fix the situation with other personnel. Now they do and the move is condemned here.

I don't think Mckinnie is gonna be great, but it's gonna be hard not to be an improvement on Clabo. This could be a season saving move not just for the results at the line position, but also because its gonna gonna give the offense a little confidence boost and encouragement.

Ya we all wanted Clabo replaced, but not if it meant trading away valuable resources for a guy who want even on an active roster because he sucked!!! This is lunacy! How is Garner worse than these two!?! I guarantee Garner will be starting by the end of the season and this was all for naught. Awful awful move

Didn't you see the ratings? McKinnie rated as the 65th best tackle and Clabo the 66th? Yeah, some upgrade. They're both washed up has-beens.

Back
Top Bottom