Dolphins trade for Saints LB Stephone Anthony | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins trade for Saints LB Stephone Anthony

He's no good.

this is just a stupid response with no knowledge of what happened to him with the saints, he was all rookie team with 112 Tackles at MLB and than these idiots decided to move him to the outside, he can play, i like this talent with Matt Burke coaching him

The thing about Allen at strong is he just sees ball and runs to it. Or at least that's what he did in the opener. He's got the strength and the pop in his hands and looks to have the poa play also for it.

If you can hide Koa in cover at strong you can hide allen. But I'm sure teams will test it unless they find the pickings easier elsewhere. Our scheme seems to limit base strong exposure provided you have the poa

I'm expecting a lot of false steps here due to motion or late shifts. Cause the on the fly adjustment side of things is ugly.

The athlete helps make up for it but only so much. Purely attacking the los though yeah I can see it but teams don't let you get away with pure weakness on tape.

And that fly play is a massive weakness

Is there anything we can do scheme wise to make the short middle tough for opposing teams?

Get better awareness lbs that are also athletes like Timmons. Short of that nope.

Kiko and Timmons have the best Zone awareness feel in the building.

This new add looks to be a serious work in progress there and hull we know wears a target

Yeah this guy takes a lot of false steps. The read and diag simply hasn't been there in the Pros. But i think he's a salvageable prospect. He has the athleticism and closing speed to recover from false steps decently unlike Hull.

He was a really good college player, that tore heads off. I think he can do an adequate job as a 2 down base mike in this scheme. Certainly a better option than Rey Maualaga who is washed up.

Well when you see tape of him pre snap in outside leverage meaning the one thing he can't do is give away the outside on a play and immediately post snap give it away that's a serious problem.

You play him against New Orleans I bet you they know what to do to expose him

And with their tackle situation they may be happy to play us in base

True...but our D was atrocious last year and we had Jones, Suh and Wake.

Didn't have Jones for long, and our run D suffered as a result.

I love this pick up too, high upside, low risk.

Anthony is a great athlete, he may suck, but we need more athletes on this D, plain and simple.

And F*** Timmons, go back to shitsburg you POS.

Damn! Hoops is coming strong in this thread.

My opinion is that this move had to be done. After watching the void in the middle of our D against the chargers, I'm happy they got someone with range that can attack plays in front of him adequately. Hopefully, he'll improve/get healthy in time for the gauntlet in the middle of our schedule.

Back
Top Bottom