Dolphins trade for Saints LB Stephone Anthony | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins trade for Saints LB Stephone Anthony

The numbe of times this year I didn't watch a Dolphins game, read the posts here and said to myself, "I wish I would've seen that game!"

Zero.

Amazing. We give up a draft pick for a former first rounder and he might not even play a snap this year.

Meanwhile The organization gives Dion Jordan every chance possible to prove he’s a worthy first round pick, toss him, goes to the Seahawks and has an incredible debut game.

UGH. It’s PAINFUL to be a fan of this team.

1 tackle and 1 sack is an incredible debut game for a 27 year old who has played 27 games in 5 years?

Only on finheaven do we act like we gave up the world in a 5th round pick to kick the tires on a guy with great physical tools. Right now he's on par with most 5th round picks, not playing much. Sure we've hit there a few times but the vast majority of 5th round picks never do **** in the NFL.

My thoughts exactly. For what it's worth, a colleague of mine is a big Saint's fan and was quite ticked that they gave him up for 'a measly' 5th rounder. So perspectives are from all around. I will reserve judgment until he plays but your point is well taken. It's not hard to pick up another 5th rounder either.

Only on finheaven do we act like we gave up the world in a 5th round pick to kick the tires on a guy with great physical tools. Right now he's on par with most 5th round picks, not playing much. Sure we've hit there a few times but the vast majority of 5th round picks never do **** in the NFL.

While I wasnt crazy about giving up the pick, that is actually an excellent point.

If Anthony was drafted in the 2018 draft, where would he go? Probably not the first round, knowing what we know now, probably not the second either, but the third or fourth? Maybe.

I certainly dont think he would drop below the 5th it cost us. So maybe it wasnt such a bad deal.

That said, I'd like to see his ass on the field before the damn new year. lol.

Zach Thomas was a 5th round pick. Just sayin'.

Yup we’ve hit few times like I said but there are many, many more guys who never make an impact.
This trade is no better than the draft. I'd rather try the draft, as this guy has already been evaluated by 1 pro team and done NOTHING.

I don't hate either the Anthony trade or the Ajayi trade... But all things considered, we will essentially get a 5th for Ajayi (late 4th). It's almost as if we traded Ajayi for Anthony. When it comes down to it, there will probably only be about 15 - 20 spots between those two picks with the end of 4th compensatory slots. Food for thought.

Only the Dolphins could release a total bust and see him have success elsewhere. I honestly thought Dion Jordan would never play a single down again.

This trade is no better than the draft. I'd rather try the draft, as this guy has already been evaluated by 1 pro team and done NOTHING.

Fair point but that nothing, being his 2016 stat line, is probably more than most 5th round picks will ever do. He's a guy with some tools it's very little to give up to take a look IMO.

Only the Dolphins could release a total bust and see him have success elsewhere. I honestly thought Dion Jordan would never play a single down again.

What kills me about that is he never did it here. I watched Dion a lot, because naturally I was excited about the #3 overall pick, and all 3 of his sacks were because he was a free rusher or the QB rolled into him. That was the very first time I ever saw him beat and NFL tackle, a backup mind you, and get a sack.

Another thing that got he about Dion was he was supposedly this freak athlete yet he was the slowest off the ball on the line. It was ridiculous how bad his get off was. Every pass rush looked the same to me:

1. slow off the ball
2. tries to win wide but can't because he was too slow off the ball
3. Tried to peel back inside but failed.

What kills me about that is he never did it here. I watched Dion a lot and all 3 of his sacks were because he was a free rusher or the QB rolled into him. That was the very first time I ever saw him beat and NFL tackle, a backup mind you, and get a sack.

another thing that got he about Dion was he was supposedly this freak athlete yet he was the slowest off the ball on the line. It was ridiculous how bad his get off was. Every pass rush looked the same to me:

1. slow off the ball
2. tries to win wide but can't because he was too slow off the ball
3. Tried to peel back inside but failed.

Jordan was horrible here, he deserved to be cut. But yet again, another team will benefit from our errors.

1 tackle and 1 sack is an incredible debut game for a 27 year old who has played 27 games in 5 years?

Lol! Didn't you hear Ajayi was the next Barry Sander/Emmit Smith clone by this boards assessment skills.

Back
Top Bottom