Dolphins trade for Saints LB Stephone Anthony | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins trade for Saints LB Stephone Anthony

Jordan was horrible here, he deserved to be cut. But yet again, another team will benefit from our errors.

You're right but even with what I said I would have kept him around until I had a chance to see him on the field. He wasn't hurting anything on PUP or NFI or whatever it was. However this is probably what would make me a bad GM/Coach haha!

Jordan was horrible here, he deserved to be cut. But yet again, another team will benefit from our errors.

It was stupid to cut Jordan. He was cut because our FO got frustrated with his health as much as anything, much like our fans, so they made an emotional decision. If Jordan blows up in SEA when we could have had him relatively cheap for 1 more year, it will just be another knock on a bad FO. Tannenbum was awful in NY, can't believe I fooled myself into believing that would change here, but after the CAR game that's all over now. I see this team for what it is now, a bad football team with a young coach who still has a ton to learn, and a bad FO. Oh well, at least my dad went to Duke so I've got that BBall team to enjoy watching since our season is all but over (like every year). This team needs a new GM, but Ross likes Tannenbum and he is the boss so that's just how it is. Ross is a terrible owner who knows absolutely nothing about football, but still meddles none the less like the worst of them because it's his toy. Good thing he's old and will die/sell the team relatively soon, feel bad for Redskins fans, Snyder has sucked the life out of that team as well and he's still young. Nothing you can do.

Last edited:
I don't hate either the Anthony trade or the Ajayi trade... But all things considered, we will essentially get a 5th for Ajayi (late 4th). It's almost as if we traded Ajayi for Anthony. When it comes down to it, there will probably only be about 15 - 20 spots between those two picks with the end of 4th compensatory slots. Food for thought.

Yup that's pretty much how it should be looked at. So how many would trade Ajayi for Stephone Anthony plus moving up about 20 spots from the top of the 5th round to the bottom of the 4th round?

Lol! Didn't you hear Ajayi was the next Barry Sander/Emmit Smith clone by this boards assessment skills.

Is this somehow your rationalization for not getting value back in that trade? He's NOT Barry Sanders or Emmitt Smith so he was only worth a late 4th? Honest question because if that's how reality works, the dolphins can use that dumbshit logic to justify every stupid thing they do (looking at you Tannenbaum) for the rest of my life.

Landry isn't Jerry Rice. Trade him for a third.

Tunsil isn't Orlando Pace. Trade him for a fourth.

Jones isn't Troy Polamalu. Trade him for a fifth.

I get it now. Compare your only assets to the best all time at the position so it doesn't look so bad when you piss them away. Got it. Good to know.

This trade is no better than the draft. I'd rather try the draft, as this guy has already been evaluated by 1 pro team and done NOTHING.

Actually, that last sentence is exactly why this trade is worse than the draft. Magic can happen in the draft ... especially for us in the 5th round. There's not a lot of mystery left with Anthony. The chances of us hitting with that pick far exceed the chances of Anthony becoming what the Saints gambled on ... and failed. Just like with Maxwell and Alonso, this is just the dolphins giving up assets so another team can get value back for a bad decision.

This team doubles down on stupid. Ross should've stayed in real estate.

One important consideration about Dion Jordan is that we owed him like $3.5m to retain his services. That's an easy cut. The Seahawks are paying him the league minimum as he tries to resurrect his career.

One important consideration about Dion Jordan is that we owed him like $3.5m to retain his services. That's an easy cut. The Seahawks are paying him the league minimum as he tries to resurrect his career.

That's a good clarification to make sense of the move.

Is this somehow your rationalization for not getting value back in that trade? He's NOT Barry Sanders or Emmitt Smith so he was only worth a late 4th? Honest question because if that's how reality works, the dolphins can use that dumbshit logic to justify every stupid thing they do (looking at you Tannenbaum) for the rest of my life.

Landry isn't Jerry Rice. Trade him for a third.

Tunsil isn't Orlando Pace. Trade him for a fourth.

Jones isn't Troy Polamalu. Trade him for a fifth.

I get it now. Compare your only assets to the best all time at the position so it doesn't look so bad when you piss them away. Got it. Good to know.

Sorry, I don't engage in conversation about players that are no longer on the team.

athletes without instincts at lb always end up jag

it's why guys like sean lee and even hitchens with the cowboys produce a ton more than jaylon smiths

looking forward to the day that mike hull is no longer in the 2 deep

That's a good clarification to make sense of the move.

Just pray he doesn't outplay Harris the rest of the year. He's already tied his sack total in 1 game and it was his first one active. He also is a much bigger athlete and an asset on special teams, we all pray Carroll doesn't un-tap his potential. But considering how much better their coaching staff and FO is compared to ours, wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Only the Dolphins could release a total bust and see him have success elsewhere. I honestly thought Dion Jordan would never play a single down again.

It's a sack. A tackle and a sack in a game. The fact that this is impressive apparently tells you all you need to know about Dion Jordan.

Great job BTW of Drew Stanton not moving at all there.

Just pray he doesn't outplay Harris the rest of the year. He's already tied his sack total in 1 game and it was his first one active. He also is a much bigger athlete and an asset on special teams, we all pray Carroll doesn't un-tap his potential. But considering how much better their coaching staff and FO is compared to ours, wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Comparing Jordan and Harris isn't logical seeing as how Jordan has been around since 2013.

Comparing Jordan and Harris isn't logical seeing as how Jordan has been around since 2013.

Logical or not, IF and that's obviously a big IF Jordan is a key piece to Seattle's defense this year and moving forward, it would be just another indictment on our FO and coaching staff. He would have been expensive to keep on PUP and I get why they got frustrated and cut him, but IF he plays great in Seattle and Harris/Branch continue to underwhelm, that just speaks to how inept our entire organization is. Hopefully, Jordan doesn't end up being anything special because he's a bum yada yada, because he finally has a great coach and environment now and that can change a lot for a talented and frustrated athlete.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom