Dolphins trading Ellerbe for WR Kenny Stills | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins trading Ellerbe for WR Kenny Stills

We are going to learn very quickly about Tannehill and his ability to connect on deep verticals.

Big Ben was able to get chunk yards out of Wallace.

Brees was able to get chunk yards out of Stiils.

If we can't generate those type plays that other teams were able to get out these type of receivers, then we know where the problem lies.

#Noexcuses

oh but we already know the problem..all this does is make tannehill more uncomfortable.

Hoops, assuming we get the ilb in the draft, which of the following would you want to address next, safety, corner back or guard? The first two have me concerned as it seems to be a weak draft for those positions.

just depends on the board...let the board decide...i dont necessarily think even though i would do it though that miami will take a 6 ft lb at 14...ideally he's 6 ft 2 then it adds up more from a measurables aspect of where you'd draft a kendricks at 14...we arent done in free agency anyways so we'll see what other moves we make

In all seriousness. If we would trade Wallace for draft pick(s). Considering the salary the other team will have to take on, what is reasonable compensation? A mid 2nd or 3rd rounder? Just curious what everyone thinks.

Now that we got Stills, would you guys be down to trade Mike Wallace to Minnesota for Adrian Peterson? And maybe still draft WR in Round 1. I wanted to keep Wallace, but I'd be very down with this.

Still my beating heart.......................that would be unbelievable

now they are saying we are cutting mike wallace...i figured...this move leads to just that...hoops shoots he scores

suck it haters :lol:

j/k

You know what, even with all the loading up the Jets have done at DB in the Off-season, against Miami...it still may not be enough. :lol:

just depends on the board...let the board decide...i dont necessarily think even though i would do it though that miami will take a 6 ft lb at 14...ideally he's 6 ft 2 then it adds up more from a measurables aspect of where you'd draft a kendricks at 14...we arent done in free agency anyways so we'll see what other moves we make

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my original post, I meant in free agency.

Still my beating heart.......................that would be unbelievable

Yes man!! Let's get AP. This offense is a running back away. I'd like to get AP and then trade up to wherever to get Kevin White or Devante Parker, and we are SET.

What fantasy land are you living in? There was no guarantee Ellerbe was going to restructure and certainly no reason to believe the Saints would take Ellerbe straight up. "You want us to send you a young, productive WR who's making peanuts in NFL terms for a mediocre-at-best LB who MIGHT restructure, but still likely be overpaid? Sold!" Further, WR was absolutely a need as well.

Have any of you stopped to ask WHY Kenny Stills was available? Why does Brees not like him? Why is Payton willing to give him up? Yeah, of course we wanted to dump Ellerbe's salary, but you're assuming Tannenbaum somehow outsmarted another franchise.
The same Tannenbaum that drafted Stephen Hill and Vernon Gholston. The same Tannenbaum that traded for Tebow. The same Tannenbaum that supported the hiring of Tony Sporano as offensive coordinator. All of a sudden, this guy is an NFL super genius?

This is a fantastic trade.

Get rid of garbage can Ellerbe and improve the offense.

I'm liking this front office more and more each day.

Considering his age, fit, salary and skills, I'm not sure why the saints let him go. I thought losing a third would be huge until I realized stills is pretty much like grabbing the exact deep threat type wr we hoped mike wallace would be for a third rounder. And we don't have to wait two years for him to develop! Year already there and ready to start for us! I love it. wallace can stay or go now for all I care. If I had to bet I'd way he's a goner.

Back
Top Bottom