Dolphins trading Ellerbe for WR Kenny Stills | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins trading Ellerbe for WR Kenny Stills

Agree, but as much as I like Tanny, he MUST work on his deep ball or having Stills and Wallace mean nothing. NFL defenses will eventually catch on and take the middle and underneath routes away.

Stills & Wallace are very different WRs.

Stills is a natural hands catcher, who wins contested jump balls, while contorting his body in the air.

When throwing deep to Stills, Tannehill can stick to his normal flat trajectory, which he is more comfortable with.

Jarvis Juice Landry ‏@God_Son80
When your Boss has the attitude of his players, you'll do anything for him... #StrongerTogether

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 27s27 seconds ago
When the #Dolphins traded for Kenny Stills, WR Mike Wallace went on the trading blocks. They’ve explored this option before, doing it now.

Stills & Wallace are very different WRs.

Stills is a natural hands catcher, who wins contested jump balls, while contorting his body in the air.

When throwing deep to Stills, Tannehill can stick to his normal flat trajectory, which he is more comfortable with.

Exactly! He was 4th in the NFL in catch rate. He caught nearly 80% of balls thrown his way.

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero
The Saints announced Kenny Stills to Miami an hour ago. The Dolphins have not confirmed. More moves likely coming today.

I have to admit....I am getting a funny feeling in my gut that they are trying to fill enough holes to draft a playmaking player....or maybe a pass rusher or corner.

If we somehow obtain Evan Mathis....it would not surprise me at all if they took Gordon or Gurley.

Well T-Baum did say he's a BPA kind of guy.

Mike Tannenbaum is killing it so far. Very impressed with what he has done in the first 4 days of free agency. Suh, Cameron and Stills is extremely impressive. Getting a team to trade for Ellerbe and get that money off the cap space was genius.

All this and he is still only getting started. Decent chance we can keep Charles Clay and plenty of other moves that can be made.

cut wallace, bring in stills, sign clay... then:

the-lego-movie-awesome-e1392309318427.png

If Wallace is cut good luck getting the same production out of Stills. Stills is at best a #3 wrs.

So we have a great hands guy in Jarvis Landry. He had the 3rd best hands in the NFL. Now we added a deep threat who had the 4th best hands in the NFL, is 22 and cost us a pick one round later than Jarvis Landry.

I don't get it. Everyone loves the Jarvis Landry pick ... Well this is the deep threat version of Landry.

Cameron Jordan is a poor man's Jimmy Graham. Basketball player with 4.52 speed and also great hands who makes acrobatic catches. Now all we need is DaVante Parker as our possession WR and we will have filled out our receiving corps with Landry clones.

This sounds like we may finally have a front office with a plan. I'm pleasantly shocked.

I think the Saints viewed Stills as a slot receiver who could also play some outside and they think last years draft pick Brandin Cooks plays the same role. I like Stills, however I really like some of the projected third round talent in the draft. I wouldn't be shocked if Miami has already made plans to recoup the lost pick. Maybe the plan is to move back in the first round and draft a linebacker and pick up a second or third round pick in the process.

4.38 40yd time, 63 receptions and 931 yds in an offense that primarily featured Jimmy Graham and M. Colston

For

A hot pile of LB garbage and a 3rd round pick

Deal!

Really? 4.38? Pretty good time. I was just looking for his 40, so thanks.

I would have given the Saints a 3rd rounder just to take Ellerbe's contract. Getting Stills is a awesome bonus!!!

I think its a good move. Now only if we had LB's i'd be estatic. So my guess is we draft a few and go with who we have.

I would have given the Saints a 3rd rounder just to take Ellerbe's contract. Getting Stills is a awesome bonus!!!

We could have cut Ellerbe and had the same cap savings as we are getting by trading him. That would be a wasted 3rd rd pick. For the Dolphins this is a straight up trade of a 3rd rd pick for Stills.

Back
Top Bottom