Dolphins tried to match Bucs offer to Grimes(according to Miko) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins tried to match Bucs offer to Grimes(according to Miko)

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
The spin is real.
The theory of what gets reported and what doesn’t is alive and well. It’s never fair and equal instead it’s one-sided. It happens everyday and it is the case with Bucs cornerback Brent Grimes.
Leading into the Bucs signing of Grimes, reports suggested teams were afraid of signing him due to the “off-the-field antics” from his wife, Miko Grimes. Not his, but his wife’s. Several local media members started tweeting out those stories to justify Tampa Bay not signing him but it was useless as the team signed him shortly after those reports began circulating.
This week, Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross stated it was because of Mrs. Grimes that the team did not want to bring back the veteran cornerback. However, TheBayCave.com has learned that they actually tried to restructure Grimes’ contract and retain his services. Unfortunately for Miami, Grimes turned down a restructure and wanted to become a free agent.
As that info was tweeted out Wednesday morning, Miko Grimes caught wind of that and added some more, saying they even tried to match Tampa Bay’s offer and wants to expose them some more.

Gil Arcia ‎@GilArciaTBC

Were @iHeartMiko's actions detrimental before or after they approached him for a restructure? Just sayin'... https://twitter.com/RCummingsTBO/status/712596969827381248 …

Follow

Miko Grimes ‎@iHeartMiko

@GilArciaTBC OR... were they still detrimental when we made the decision to take the Bucs' offer and the dolphins asked to MATCH it?
1f914.png

7:44 AM - 23 Mar 2016

Gil Arcia ‎@GilArciaTBC

@iHeartMiko They tried to match? Funny how the one-sided spin works and gets reported. SMDH

Follow

Miko Grimes ‎@iHeartMiko

@GilArciaTBC yall have no idea how HAPPY we are to leave that ****ed up organization. they're gonna be exposed since they keep ****ing w/me!
7:53 AM - 23 Mar 2016

It appears that the Dolphins are trying to save face for an offseason full of question marks. Either that or Miami has some serious communication issues where ownership has no idea what the front office is really doing.

http://www.thebaycave.com/dolphins-tried-to-match-bucs-offer-to-grimes/

If true, Miami lucked out that Miko signed with Tampa and got out of Miami. Bringing her constantly toasted husband with her was just a bonus

Wow! Couldn't be happier that this trashbag ho is now someone else's problem.

Miko's story doesn't make any sense to me.
I can understand they asked him to restructure, but if they were supposedly planning on the Philly trade for weeks, why would they try and keep both Maxwell and Grimes at 8+ mill each? I highly doubt Miami would pony up cash for Grimes -- they haven't put up significant money to keep anybody this offseason.

According to her, we offered Brent 3 different contract restructures and he turned them all down.

Miko Grimes ‏@iHeartMiko 6h6 hours ago
#declined all three times!! ****. outta. here. YOU were cut, not us, bitch!

no teams wanted him bc of me yet the phone NEVER STOPPED RINGING and he signed for MORE MONEY than he was already getting! yall so stupid!

Miko Grimes Retweeted
JD ‏@PatsMaster22 6h6 hours ago
@iHeartMiko Dolphins been, and will continue to be, a mess sense Shula left.

The only truth be told in this whole situation is She trashed Atlanta when they left
She trashed the Dolphins and SHE WILL trash Tampa Bay down the road...this is what she does

Right...
I guess that make sense since Stephen Ross himself said it was time to move on from Brent and Miko.

I really hope this is the end of the Grimes Miami talk to be honest.. they have their new team, its over. Ross should have just said- no comment IMO also.

I really hope this is the end of the Grimes Miami talk to be honest.. they have their new team, its over. Ross should have just said- no comment IMO also.

I think it's going to be worse tbh.

She's still in Florida and now that Brent doesn't play for Miami she feels she can talk all she wants.

I guess reports of her deleting her social media accounts were all BS?

According to her, we offered Brent 3 different contract restructures and he turned them all down.

#declined all three times!! ****. outta. here. YOU were cut, not us, bitch!

no teams wanted him bc of me yet the phone NEVER STOPPED RINGING and he signed for MORE MONEY than he was already getting! yall so stupid!

Miko Grimes Retweeted
JD ‏@PatsMaster22 6h6 hours ago
@iHeartMiko Dolphins been, and will continue to be, a mess sense Shula left.

Since *

Back
Top Bottom