Dolphins undrafted free agents thread | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins undrafted free agents thread

Bray probably read this thread and decided he shouldn't come here after all lol

Daniel Thomas maybe. But not Jonas Gray.

I like Marshall. There's not much out there to watch but what is is interesting. His body is so weird looking. Thick upper body but sort of skinny legs, short arms and no neck. And he has this chugga chugga chugga running style that reminds me of the way Freddie King moved when he played guitar.

But he has some lateral explosiveness, no doubt. And some speed. Defenders seem caught completely off guard by it at times, as if they know he's strange looking and therefore shouldn't be able to cut like that. He's got some power and competitiveness, too. Doesn't go down unless you put him down. I'm intrigued.

He's no Jonas Gray, though. Gray is more naturally powerful and has breakaway speed. Plus he played in a conventional offense, unlike Arizona State's bizarro semi-spread.

As an ASU fan (sadly), I don't have to high of hopes for him, though it is hard to get a good read on him like you said. It was a RB by committee there with 3 RBs with over 100 carries AND a QB with over 100 carries...AND another QB with 63 carries. Against good defenses he was an absolute nonfactor. I think Thomas should be much more concerned about Gray.

I'm not just saying this as a Michigan fan, but don't sleep on Jordan Kovacs. Kid made the team at an open tryout and earned a starting spot so he wasn't even a preferred walk-on. Yeah the D sucked his first two years but once Brady Hoke and Greg Mattison came in, he excelled even more. Not great in coverage, but he made a lot of huge plays in the run game and can lay the lumber.

Looking at all those guys.. The one that truly stands out to me is Arizona State, Safety Keelan Johnson 6'1" 210 4.5 guy. Has all the tools to be a top safety, but I wonder why he wasn't dominating in college..

Marshall is another other that looked really good on tape. Real bruising back that hits the hole with 0 hesitation.

Is it because these guys played in ARZ State?? :lol:

I think the RB position is now a strength.

There is room for UDFA WR and ILB and S to make the team and maybe QB.

Miami also signed Brandon Ogletree from BYU has also signed making quite a large contingent from those who played college ball here in Utah.

Of the UDFA, I'm really intrigued by Bumphis, Clay, & Marshall.

Curious; isn't Sinkfield the one who had 40 time similar to Chris Johnson??

Add Marcus Davis, wr, from Virginia Tech. Great measures, but questionable attitude; got benched during season.

folks...there's your slot wr...chad bumphis...got top end speed and burst just like davon bess...don't be surprised if he makes the roster...kid can play...i liked bumphis and he's underrated but when i reviewed his work i saw the same skill set davon bess offered us...just not very fast or explosive...

if they want a true slot chad bumphis is your guy...

folks...there's your slot wr...chad bumphis...got top end speed and burst just like davon bess...don't be surprised if he makes the roster...kid can play...i liked bumphis and he's underrated but when i reviewed his work i saw the same skill set davon bess offered us...just not very fast or explosive...

What about the other UDFA's, Do you think anyone else can make the team?

What about the other UDFA's, Do you think anyone else can make the team?

well let me take a look...that said i will pound the table for bumphis as a slot if they go that route...that kids a pro...he went undrafted cause he lacks long speed and burst...but he's making someones 53....might as well be ours

Don't sleep on Jasper Collins either....inferior competition but Im glad we are giving him a shot

damn i deleted the east west shrine game last night off my dvr...bumphis was the best looking skill position player prospect there minus christine michael who looked like a future all pro...bumphis made plays also on the outside which tells ya that he saw a lot of soft coverages per the rules of the game but he can do as much as bess could out there...his future though is in the slot...

that's a nice easy replacement for bess if they again want a true slot...

Don't sleep on Jasper Collins either....inferior competition but Im glad we are giving him a shot

collins has potential but he's awful raw...kind of guy that looks to me like he needs to be on a practice squad for a while and work on his polish...i think it will be an uphill climb him making the 53 in 2013...he needs to get stronger also and i think he will struggle with press while he learns to use his hands...

collins has potential but he's awful raw...kind of guy that looks to me like he needs to be on a practice squad for a while and work on his polish...i think it will be an uphill climb him making the 53 in 2013...he needs to get stronger also and i think he will struggle with press while he learns to use his hands...
Definitely true...he is very raw..just offers a bit more athleticism than Bumphis. But I could definitely see Bumphis making the 53 IF they want a true slot. But maybe they feel comfortable with Matthews in there...I don't know. You would think they wouldn't be expecting a UDFA to contribute significantly or they would have just drafted the kid.

Back
Top Bottom