Dolphins | Vick looking to make team | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins | Vick looking to make team

Roy said:
Are you serious??? vick is a player who'z never played reciever in any level..other than just going out and catching random passes for fun..so0o ur saying that a player like Devin which is wayy better than vick at returning and wayy better than vick at reciever is going to make the practice squad and not the roster??? you might wanna re-consider that

Why do I need to reconsider? Vick has the talent to be the multi purpose athlete this team has needed. Unless u wanna get rid of Welker, cuz I am going to assume that Devin has more speed and is more explosive than Welker. Neither can provide a "slash" type player that Vick can be. We are talking about the number 6 receiver . . a person thats not gonna get many reps anyways at that position, and I am assuming Welker is still going to be the main returner, so why would Devin be more suitable over Vick, u have more options with Vick. All I'm saying is if Vick can work hard and show off his talent which we all know he has, he will make this team and Mularkey will definetly use him. I see Welker and Campbell returning kick offs and Welker and Vick returning punts. We will see how it plays out, Devin will be a player for the Dolphins no doubt, but I just think he needs polishing at this level, so does Vick but he brings more to the table with his slash presence.

I think it is pretty laughable that people think the best this guy can do is make the pratice squad. The guy is a special Athlete and you can't protect a special athlete on the pratice squad.

He'll make the squad if he can keep his nose clean. But that is one big if...

Vick will make the team just watch, he has a cannon arm and is lightning fast. plus he can play QB, WR and KR/PR. a guy that versitile is a godsend to Saban

Wow! This Jarret Bell of the USA Today is certainly justifying his salary with this report!
I'm surprised to find out Vick is actually trying to make the team. :rolleyes:

As for all the attention Vick gets on this site, I don't get it.
So much talent on this team to embrace and still people bring this guy up.

A simple name does such wonders for some.

I still see him as on the bubble for the PS let alone for taking a spot on the roster.

Trekbiz said:
So much talent on this team to embrace and still people bring this guy up.

A simple name does such wonders for some.

I still see him as on the bubble for the PS let alone for taking a spot on the roster.

I know, someone would have been an idiot to take him in the first round as a QB even if he didnt have off the field troubles

He rode the bench for a couple years for a QB that isnt in the NFL, when he did get a shot he tore up crappy Defenses, but when he faced anyone good he looked like AJ Feeley, and he lacked the open field running skills of his brother

This can turn out to be really good.. I don't really care about his off the field stuff as long as it doesn't stop him from playing well.

Why is Marcus such a lock to make it over

Devin A who the Fins spent a draft pick on

or Fred Gibson for that matter

Two actual wide recievers. I think the feeling is that that Vick is the next Randle El and thats insane

Vick has a very good shot especially if he keeps his act together. He's versatile, athletic, and can be our emergency QB (so Booker can be free to start at WR). And if he can catch a Mike Vick bullet pass, he can catch anything. Falcons are still trying to find a WR who can catch a Vick throw.

Regan21286 said:
Vick has a very good shot especially if he keeps his act together. He's versatile, athletic, and can be our emergency QB (so Booker can be free to start at WR). And if he can catch a Mike Vick bullet pass, he can catch anything. Falcons are still trying to find a WR who can catch a Vick throw.

They were also in high school :lol: I think his arm as probally gotten a little stronger since then :tongue: impressive still though considering Marcus is younger than him anyway

I think there's a real story brewing here that no one has noticed...

If Vick gets a headline because he's "looking to make (the) team"... it can only mean there are guys on the field NOT looking to make the team.

THIS is REAL news.

:sidelol:

But, seriously, I've never seen a rookie FA garner this much attention. And it simply amazes me how a collosal lack of accomplishment and lack of discipline implies he is bound for greatness.

And as far as results go, what has all the Michael Vick hype produced for Atlanta? One crowning victory in Lambeau Field in the playoffs against a legendary QB on his home field on the backside of his career on team who's history was greater than the team they fielded that day.

This is the same elite QB that barely passed for 200 yards against us and vehemently told reporters to stop bugging him about throwing the ball because he just proved he could.

WOW, one 200 yard game and your Dan Marino, all of a sudden.

For those stuck in the "Vick" hype machine, step away from the XBox controller and eject the Madden disc, the world is spinning and you need to get off.

You just know that Malaurkey is going to be pulling for him. He probably already has some plays drawn up just for him.

I'd still much rather see our actual drafted WR's get playing time over Ron Mexico JR. You know the guys who graduated & don't have rap sheets...:evil:

:dolphins:

Back
Top Bottom