"Dolphinsclaims AFC East Title" USA Today | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Dolphinsclaims AFC East Title" USA Today

jjgdecoy

Scout Team
Reaction score
In this weeks USA Today Sport weekly's Jim Corbett says that if our Phins win out they will have the AFC East. BS!!!! We can win our last 4 games as long as the Jets win. Head to Head in New Yock with playoffs on line we lose and might miss our wild card. Keep the Jets winning and we will face the 2nd and 3rd teams for most of the game. Then we win out and get into the playoffs as a strong wildcard and have a chance. SB? Maybe seeing how the brackets break down.
GO DOLPHINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:woot:

In this weeks USA Today Sport weekly's Jim Corbett says that if our Phins win out they will have the AFC East. BS!!!! We can win our last 4 games as long as the Jets win. Head to Head in New Yock with playoffs on line we lose and might miss our wild card. Keep the Jets winning and we will face the 2nd and 3rd teams for most of the game. Then we win out and get into the playoffs as a strong wildcard and have a chance. SB? Maybe seeing how the brackets break down.
GO DOLPHINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:woot:

We won't be seeing any of the Jets 2nd and 3rd team players. Even if the Jets win their next 3, we will take the division if we win out. We would end up tied and we win the tie-breaker over the Jets based on common games.

If you look at everything and figure it out, you'll see that we win the division in this case. If we lose even 1 game, we will likely miss the playoffs though.

jets have been playing... its gonna be hard for our secondary to match up... we're gonna need monster game from porter, roth, merling, langford.... our whole d-line

as I understand it, if the Dolphins win out, they win the AFC East and the Jets would be the WC.

I love the Sounds... But.

One game at a time, sweetbaby! Let's get at them stinkin' Bills!!!:hi5:

jets have been playing... its gonna be hard for our secondary to match up... we're gonna need monster game from porter, roth, merling, langford.... our whole d-line

roger that. the best pass defense is a strong pass rush.

Even if we win out with out help from the Jets and NE the best we can hope for is a Wild Card. If the playoff are on the line or home field for the Jets. Some of you are right we will not see their 2nd and 3rd string. If they do have it that all locked up then we will. I hope to God that we are in the playoffs and do something with it. I like to look back to Cowboys that a year after doing what we did last year they got a ring.

Even if we win out with out help from the Jets and NE the best we can hope for is a Wild Card. If the playoff are on the line or home field for the Jets. Some of you are right we will not see their 2nd and 3rd string. If they do have it that all locked up then we will. I hope to God that we are in the playoffs and do something with it. I like to look back to Cowboys that a year after doing what we did last year they got a ring.

Ummmmm....there's a crapload of threads on this board that says if we win out we win the division.....Our Fins control their own destiny. There's a strong possibility that the Jets lose that last home game and they do NOT make the playoffs. Because of the Ravens and Colts record, it is easier for the Fins to win the East than to get one of the wildcard spots.

if the dolphins win out, we will have beaten the jets, making up the game that we are down, that produces a tie. In the event of a tie, we go to "tie breakers" in which case we would have the advantage based on conference and divisional records.
take note, if we win out the jets do not, because WE WOULD BEAT THEM.
Usually if the paper prints something like that, they're not lying...

I hope the dolphins are npt looking ahead to the jets game like most of the fans seem to be! Remember the old adage "On any given Sunday..." Go Dolphins!!!

To the OP:

The only way we see the Jets 2nd and 3rd stringers is if in that week 17 match . . . . we are 9-6, New England is 9-6 and the Jets are 11-4 . . . meaning the division is wrapped up . . . meaning the Pats and Fins would have lost before week 17 . . . while the Jets would have won out.

In this situation, the ONLY way we can get a wildcard is if we win the week 17 game against a resting Jets team (Denver could win out and be 11-5 and win the tiebreak over the Jets to get the 3 seed . . . but maybe the Jets don't mind going back to Tennessee lol) and Bmore has a record of 9-6 going into week 17 (I assume the Colts will be 10-6 at minimum), and loses in week 17 to Jacksonville . . . or if they lose the next 3 games and are 8-8 by Week 17 (3 tough games for them). In this scenario, New England would also lose atleast once...twice if our loss is against Buffalo (unless New England loses to Buffalo, then they would only need that one loss).

If both Indy and Baltimore have 10 wins at the end of the season . . . we are ELIMINATED from wild card competition . . . regardless of what we do. This is important to understand because I see people want to say wildcard is still a possibility which it is . . . but one of those 2 teams would have to melt.

Now them getting 10 wins doesn't mean they make the playoffs . . . both Indy and Baltimore could go 10-6 and miss the playoffs . . . because if New England wins out, we win out and the Jet win out except for the week 17 game against us . . . Miami is the 3 seed, New England is the 5 seed and the Jets would be the 6 seed . . . Meaning the Jets would turn right around the next week and play the Dolphins in Miami.

Still very many situations . . . Fins just gotta keep winning.

Teams to root for in this order:

Fins (win out and we are AFC division champs, and at minimum the #3 seed in the AFC, home playoff game baby!! Potential bye week!!)
Any team playing against the Jets (this includes the Bills)
Any team playing against the Pats (this includes the Bills)
Any team playing against Ravens (if we want a wildcard security blanket)
Any team playing against the Colts (if we want a wildcard security blanket)
Any team playing against the Bills (u want them to beat the Jets and Pats . . . and that's it)
Any team playing against the Steelers (only for bye week potential)
Any team playing against the Titans (only for bye week potential . . really a non factor)
Any team playing against the Broncos (only for seeding potential, tho we own tiebreak . . . really a non factor)

Back
Top Bottom