"Dolphinsclaims AFC East Title" USA Today | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Dolphinsclaims AFC East Title" USA Today

Even if we win out with out help from the Jets and NE the best we can hope for is a Wild Card. If the playoff are on the line or home field for the Jets. Some of you are right we will not see their 2nd and 3rd string. If they do have it that all locked up then we will. I hope to God that we are in the playoffs and do something with it. I like to look back to Cowboys that a year after doing what we did last year they got a ring.

your a few days behind. this has been discussed in detail about the complicated tiebreaker. you must have been in a time machine

In this weeks USA Today Sport weekly's Jim Corbett says that if our Phins win out they will have the AFC East. BS!!!! We can win our last 4 games as long as the Jets win. Head to Head in New Yock with playoffs on line we lose and might miss our wild card. Keep the Jets winning and we will face the 2nd and 3rd teams for most of the game. Then we win out and get into the playoffs as a strong wildcard and have a chance. SB? Maybe seeing how the brackets break down.
GO DOLPHINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:woot:

I know that I am getting older, but my eyes can't be that bad. Man could you make the text just a little bigger? Can you help a brother out?

I personally think that the only way for us to make the playoffs is to win the division. The colts are tied with us for the easiest schedule, and Baltimore is playing good football right now. I know they have a hard schedule coming up but I think they win at least 2 more games or so. We have to win the division, so basically we have to win out, or the Jets have to die like dogs!!

To the OP:

The only way we see the Jets 2nd and 3rd stringers is if in that week 17 match . . . . we are 9-6, New England is 9-6 and the Jets are 11-4 . . . meaning the division is wrapped up . . . meaning the Pats and Fins would have lost before week 17 . . . while the Jets would have won out.

In this situation, the ONLY way we can get a wildcard is if we win the week 17 game against a resting Jets team (Denver could win out and be 11-5 and win the tiebreak over the Jets to get the 3 seed . . . but maybe the Jets don't mind going back to Tennessee lol) and Bmore has a record of 9-6 going into week 17 (I assume the Colts will be 10-6 at minimum), and loses in week 17 to Jacksonville . . . or if they lose the next 3 games and are 8-8 by Week 17 (3 tough games for them). In this scenario, New England would also lose atleast once...twice if our loss is against Buffalo (unless New England loses to Buffalo, then they would only need that one loss).

If both Indy and Baltimore have 10 wins at the end of the season . . . we are ELIMINATED from wild card competition . . . regardless of what we do. This is important to understand because I see people want to say wildcard is still a possibility which it is . . . but one of those 2 teams would have to melt.

Now them getting 10 wins doesn't mean they make the playoffs . . . both Indy and Baltimore could go 10-6 and miss the playoffs . . . because if New England wins out, we win out and the Jet win out except for the week 17 game against us . . . Miami is the 3 seed, New England is the 5 seed and the Jets would be the 6 seed . . . Meaning the Jets would turn right around the next week and play the Dolphins in Miami.

Still very many situations . . . Fins just gotta keep winning.

Teams to root for in this order:

Fins (win out and we are AFC division champs, and at minimum the #3 seed in the AFC, home playoff game baby!! Potential bye week!!)
Any team playing against the Jets (this includes the Bills)
Any team playing against the Pats (this includes the Bills)
Any team playing against Ravens (if we want a wildcard security blanket)
Any team playing against the Colts (if we want a wildcard security blanket)
Any team playing against the Bills (u want them to beat the Jets and Pats . . . and that's it)
Any team playing against the Steelers (only for bye week potential)
Any team playing against the Titans (only for bye week potential . . really a non factor)
Any team playing against the Broncos (only for seeding potential, tho we own tiebreak . . . really a non factor)

Nice breakdown. while all of this has been gone over ad nauseam this is probably the simplest and best broken down explanation.

now, do you want to explain, who we should root for when the Ravens play the Steelers? :lol:

We win out, we make the playoffs and win the division. Thats the goal right now. Beat the Bills, 49ers and Chiefs then we can worry about the Jets

if the dolphins win out, we will have beaten the jets, making up the game that we are down, that produces a tie. In the event of a tie, we go to "tie breakers" in which case we would have the advantage based on conference and divisional records.
take note, if we win out the jets do not, because WE WOULD BEAT THEM.
Usually if the paper prints something like that, they're not lying...
Wrong...wrong, based on "common Opponent"

Nice breakdown. while all of this has been gone over ad nauseam this is probably the simplest and best broken down explanation.

now, do you want to explain, who we should root for when the Ravens play the Steelers? :lol:

Well, following his logical order (which makes sense to me) Go Steelers. Ouch, that kinda hurts to say. :chuckle:

if the dolphins win out, we will have beaten the jets, making up the game that we are down, that produces a tie. In the event of a tie, we go to "tie breakers" in which case we would have the advantage based on conference and divisional records.
take note, if we win out the jets do not, because WE WOULD BEAT THEM.
Usually if the paper prints something like that, they're not lying...

Actually we would beat the Jets in Common games, and in those games we have beaten every team that the Jets have beaten, but have also beaten the Raiders, and Broncos, two teams the Jets lost too. But 1st we need to beat the Bills.....one game at a time.

Basically doesn't it come down to the fact that we have an NFC loss which means if we win out and the Jets only lose to us and NE wins out we'll all be 11-5. But all three teams will have 4-2 division records(thanks Bills) but the Phins will have a better conference record since we have an NFC loss while as of right now the Pats and Jets do not.

Jets 11-5 4-2(Div) 7-5 Conf.
Pats 11-5 4-2(Div) 7-5 Conf.
Fins 11-5 4-2(Div) 8-4 Conf.

I believe Conference is after Division but who knows in a 3 way tie.

Steelers, hands down.

We need the Ravens to lose 2 games because in a tie they hold the head-to-head tiebreaker against us.

;)
Well, following his logical order (which makes sense to me) Go Steelers. Ouch, that kinda hurts to say. :chuckle:

Not me, Rooting for the Ravens all the way. I am hoping for the showdown with the Jets, the win, and then the bye. ;)

Even if we win out with out help from the Jets and NE the best we can hope for is a Wild Card. If the playoff are on the line or home field for the Jets. Some of you are right we will not see their 2nd and 3rd string. If they do have it that all locked up then we will. I hope to God that we are in the playoffs and do something with it. I like to look back to Cowboys that a year after doing what we did last year they got a ring.

If we win out, that means we beat Buffalo and the Jets. Therefore, based on tie breakers, we win our division, if we WIN out.

;)

Not me, Rooting for the Ravens all the way. I am hoping for the showdown with the Jets, the win, and then the bye. ;)

If Pittsburgh or Bmore reach 11 wins . . . then the bye is out of reach anyways . . . I rather Bmore lose 3 of 4, and give us that wildcard security blanket in case we slip up one of these last 4 games.

Back
Top Bottom