Dominant Jordan Phillips of Miami Dolphins: ‘I can play better’ | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dominant Jordan Phillips of Miami Dolphins: ‘I can play better’

I hope he continues to flash and dominate, but I'm not okay with handling somebody who does not love football and want to dominate each snap a fat contact.

He needs to prove more and earn that contract. It's his want-to and not physical talent that's holding him back.

hear this every offseason from him. he made quite a few good plays against Atlanta, but he has done that before. as others have mentioned all the talent in the world, just the mental aspect is not there. i will start believing him when he shows us back-to-back-to-back consistent games. definitely not the Jordan Phillips bandwagon after one good game.

2 things to consider first he would flash in college but because of his back condition and his size being long instead of short and squatting he would wear out and did not play consistently which may be what we have been witnessing or second as some have stated its a position that takes time to learn much like it did for a former nose tackle we had on the team that later played for Atlanta. I can't remember his name right now but anyway lets hope its the second senario because it's almost impossible to fix the first

I noticed Philips flashing in the final games of 2016. He began to cut through and make plays behind the LOS more often then in previous games. Not sure he’s worth keeping beyond 2017, with the way the 2 rookies have played up to this point. I’d just ride the wave of Philips new found enthusiasm and more flash play to the end of the season and then reevaluate him moving forward. If somehow Miami drafts another DT because of the value that player presents, it’s possible Philips will be done in Miami. I’m willing to bet he senses a payday coming and will be extremely motivated over the next year or so, In order to try to capitalize on his potential next contract.

Back
Top Bottom