Donald Thomas put 355-pound Paul Soliai on his back | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Donald Thomas put 355-pound Paul Soliai on his back

Don't be so quick to discount Murphy, he had a ridiculous amount of pancakes in college. That is why we drafted him in the 4th. I still think Thomas is the guy but I really think Murphy is much better now than most on this board are giving him credit for. He is good enough that he is still getting a lot of reps with the 1st team out there, not stuck back with the scrubs.

I had a ridiculous amount of pancakes at IHOP this morning :lol:. Sorry, couldn't resist. I really like Murphy, and I think his emergence puts us in the enviable position of having quality depth at a position we were extremely thin at last year.

UConn alum and season ticket holder here, reading some of the threads on DT it sounds like he is making an impression. He is an amazing story. Played really only two years for us at the position so saying he is a bit raw is an understatement. The program is starting to put players in the NFL. The only people rooting as hard as you guys for DT to do well is us up here. For CKParrothead and you other draft guys, We have a couple of guys to keep an eye on depending on your needs next year; Mike Hicks OT, 6-6 323 and Lindsey Witten DE, 6-4 262. There is another OG, Zach Hurd 6-7 318 who may come out but likely in 2011(very,very athletic) If you want info/observations on players from the BE that the Fins might consider drafting, let me know, I will be checking the board from time to time. Good luck on the season fellas.

Solai has been playing well through training camp thus far. Big Donald is a strong mofo and without question has pro-bowl potential. If he can stay heathly we will be very fortunate

IHOP has some killer breakfast that is for sure

obviously DT's been there a lot, but what I like about him is his intelligence, did you guys listen to his interview from last night, this is a smart guy, I love well spoken guys...this is a very intelligent team..we may have something here.

Then why is yale and Stanford not nation champs every other year?

Thomas is a Run Blocker

I am excited about Thomas' rehabilitation and strong camp showing. But, let's remember that his forte is his tremendous upper body strength. He has 'heavy hands' as they say. But, he is not particularly strong at pass blocking, and even more concerning is that he seems to have some injury problems (as does Justin Smiley). For our expensive OL to shine, we are going to need to stay healthy. Thomas is still kinda raw, so each rep he gets he should be improving a tad. He still needs lots of reps, and he needs to stay healthy to get them.

As an aside, we had a kid named Joe Toledo once who looked like a real prospect but could not every stay healthy and did not ever make it. I am really pulling for Thomas to show the durability we need so that he can develop into a good RG.

While he is not the greatest pass protector, RG's do not really need to be that strong in pass pro. He will have good help on both sides and his primary task is run blocking, so he is in a very good spot. If he stays healthy, it is an ideal situation for both him and the Dolphins for a very long time, as our veterans are not really that old. If this group stays healthy and intact, the chemistry will develop and this can be our best OL in a long time. But health is the key.

Not to be a thread pooper but this conversation about x dolphin player comes out every season. We will have to see if he can stay in healthy before we can even begin to talk about him being the next best guard in the afc. This conversation always comes up in finheaven every year then after the player sucks we no longer hear anything but whispers.

Back
Top Bottom