Don't Judge a Book by its cover!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don't Judge a Book by its cover!!!

bg34 said:
kastofsna120 said:
nah, it was the one i think 2 years before against pittsburgh. they won that kansas game[/QUO

Not sure, I thought Antonio Bryant was MVP of that game
nah, rivers was. at least i assume he was since everyone says he was MVP of every bowl game he played in. here's a recap of rivers' performance in it:
For the night, Rivers was 26-of-40 for 189 yards and the one touchdown throw to Edwards.
not really MVP calibur

nopony said:
Oh good god. You have to go back to his sophmore year to pick out ONE of his FIVE bowl MVPs to complain about?

Wow. That's a record for reaching.
lol, considering you're using the argument that he was the MVP of 4 meaningless bowl games, i'd say you're reaching a bit more than i was, especially since i shot down one of the MVP performances easily. the MVP award is completely meaningless, go ahead and stop talking about it

lol, considering you're using the argument that he was the MVP of 4 meaningless bowl games, i'd say you're reaching a bit more than i was, especially since i shot down one of the MVP performances easily. the MVP award is completely meaningless, go ahead and stop talking about it

Wrong. I didn't bring up bowl games at all. YOU jumped in with a completely WRONG snark about his game against "Georgia State"?!?

It comes down to the idea that you enjoy not liking Rivers.... no matter how ineffective you are at coming up with reasons why... you just like not liking him. Fine.

Why was he MVP of the other bowls??

Well, here's his senior game against Kansas...

"Closed his career with a remarkable performance against Kansas in the Tangerine Bowl, hitting 37-of-45 passes for a career-high 475 yards, five touchdowns, no interceptions and rushing for 20 yards as well, breaking school bowl game records and Tangerine Bowl records for passing yards, pass completions, TD passes, completion percentage and total offense, earning MVP honors ... "

yeah. He sucks.

I wonder how Leineart will be without the best offensive and defensive team that NCAA has ever seen...hmm..justa thought..or some say is the best team ever.

nopony said:
yeah. He sucks.
:yes:
L.T.21 said:
I wonder how Leineart will be without the best offensive and defensive team that NCAA has ever seen...hmm..justa thought..or some say is the best team ever.
really good, because he still makes excellent decisions and is extremely accurate to all areas of the field

kastofsna120 said:
:yes:

really good, because he still makes excellent decisions and is extremely accurate to all areas of the field

Which is the BEST trait P.Rivers has, as shown in college, and in the NFL (although limited). Also, from what Ive heard with some people from the Bolts, that is his best capability.

So??? Must be something else..?

L.T.21 said:

Leinart would be nothing without his supporting cast.

Even though I don't care for him personally, I won't diss leinart... he's done a lot and proved a lot... in very similiar ways and reasons as Rivers. And I'd take either of them over an inaccurate, leadership deprived strong arm. Every time.

QB, more than any other position is all about the intangibles. That's why they are so hard to judge and why so many fail. Rivers has intangibles through the roof and he is smart as hell. We could do way worse.

nopony said:
Even though I don't care for him personally, I won't diss leinart... he's done a lot and proved a lot... in very similiar ways and reasons as Rivers. And I'd take either of them over an inaccurate, leadership deprived strong arm. Every time.

QB, more than any other position is all about the intangibles. That's why they are so hard to judge and why so many fail. Rivers has intangibles through the roof and he is smart as hell. We could do way worse.

Lol, I was just joking around tryin to sound like Kast., Leinart is an excellent qb.

nopony said:

Agreed. Its just intesting he says that Matts best traits is "because he still makes excellent decisions and is extremely accurate to all areas of the field." Which P.Rivers has shown is his biggest upside...

L.T.21 said:
Which is the BEST trait P.Rivers has, as shown in college, and in the NFL (although limited). Also, from what Ive heard with some people from the Bolts, that is his best capability.

So??? Must be something else..?
rivers was an excellent college QB, no doubt about it, just like leinart. the difference is leinart's abilities actually translate to the NFL

Lol, I was just joking around tryin to sound like Kast., Leinart is an excellent qb.

Heh.

Agreed. Its just intesting he says that Matts best traits is "because he still makes excellent decisions and is extremely accurate to all areas of the field." Which P.Rivers has shown is his biggest upside...

Absolutely agree.

rivers was an excellent college QB, no doubt about it, just like leinart. the difference is leinart's abilities actually translate to the NFL

:rolleyes:

Keep telling yourself that. There is no reason at all to believe that Leinart's skills will translate any better than Rivers. Many scouts thought Rivers had the skillset BEST suited to translate quickly to the NFL, better than Eli, better than Big Ben.

nopony said:
:rolleyes:

Keep telling yourself that. There is no reason at all to believe that Leinart's skills will translate any better than Rivers. Many scouts thought Rivers had the skillset BEST suited to translate quickly to the NFL, better than Eli, better than Big Ben.
lol, any scout that can say rivers was better suited for the NFL than eli manning should be fired immediately. there's nothing he does that's better than manning, period. and roethlisberger is better than both of them

Back
Top Bottom