Draft CJ Mosley? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft CJ Mosley?

I, for one, am not impressed by Mosley. The guy was surrounded by talent, and basically every step of the way he didn't have to clean up anybody's mistakes. I just don't think very highly of the guy.

Getting Mosley moves Ellerbe to the outside and Wheeler to the bench. That in itself is worth considering the pick.

When it comes to Mosley.. I'm probably higher than anyone on this board on him, but the injury concerns (dislocated hip, and elbow) are too much to consider him in the first round. But in the 2nd round? Absolutely. I really see a Navarro Bowman type player. Plays faster than timed speed, and has outstanding awareness in pass coverage (rare for a MLB). Doesn't it seem like almost ALL of the Alabama prospects enter the draft injured or with injury concerns?

Shazier is the definition of a "run and hit" linebacker. I'm not crazy about measurables, but 4.3 40 and 40 inch vert is absolutely insane. And that athleticism is evident on tape. He is constantly making plays and is a four down LB (meaning a star on special teams as well). I would say the one clear department that Shazier is better at than David is pass rushing. Shazier can turn the corner and rush off the edge. David isn't on Shazier's level there. Yes, Shazier struggles to disengage and separate in the run game, but he, just like David are 4-3 wills exclusively. That's not an issue because you cover him up (especially in an under front with a 3 and a 5 tech on the weakside). You don't draft him for his ability to get off blocks.. You draft him for his rare combo of instincts/ athleticism.. This guy can run all day long...

When it comes to Mosley.. I'm probably higher than anyone on this board on him, but the injury concerns (dislocated hip, and elbow) are too much to consider him in the first round. But in the 2nd round? Absolutely. I really see a Navarro Bowman type player. Plays faster than timed speed, and has outstanding awareness in pass coverage (rare for a MLB). Doesn't it seem like almost ALL of the Alabama prospects enter the draft injured or with injury concerns?

Mosley won't be there for the Fins in the first round let alone the second.

It does seem that way, Saban's hard on those guys. Maybe because they're in the hunt for the national championship every season and they players feel as if they can play through the injuries to get a ring? Really not sure but it's pretty alarming.

Why don't you think he'll be there at 19?

He's one of those defensive players (along with Barr) who is climbing draft boards across the league and that trend will continue going into draft day barring injury or something totally unforeseen. There are some players that are going to rise and others that will fall from where most people expect them to be now; Sammy Watkins for example will fall out of the top 5 (but not the top 10). There really are not many question marks over Mosley and if you are drafting top 15 you don't really want a boom or bust prospect - if the Fins get him at 19 that would be one of the steals of the first round.

Let me put it this way, how many, start-straight-awaay 3-down ILBs are there in this class? And how many are needed right now across the league?

i like cj mosley but we should def go Oline and draft chris boreland he's exactly what we need a run stuffer...

Mosely is a starting MLB from day one who could go probowl. I take him anyday. Martin I think would be better at OG. I dont think phins need a guard.

Back
Top Bottom