Draft Pass Rushers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Pass Rushers

Roth is a back up and would be valuable for goal line packages. 4-3 DE I still don't see. His arms are too short. Roth offers depth in which we know he can play the position so I don't believe he will be traded.

i think Roth is the least of our problems right now. he is no Merriman, but let's face it, no one is. he isn't in the same category as LaMarr Woodley either, but then again, he just might have been the best SOLB last season.

since many people like to model our defense after the Ravens', Roth played just about as well as Jarret Johnson. both are excellent against the run and both are marginal as pass-rushers. compare their impact on the game if you don't believe me. i agree that we have to find one or two more pass-rushers, but it's going to be hard for an inexperienced player to come in and supplant Roth just like that.

if anything we could use some more push up the middle from our ILBs/DL. that's where the Ravens got our number by a wide margin.

Roth does well at SLB considering this was his first season playing the position. Has anyone heard of Roth shedding weight and trying to gain speed?

Elite pass rushers don't just fall out of the sky. I'm not aware of any that will still be around come 25. At #1 Dolphins go NT if available, WR if their guy is available, and then LB.

Dolfans

Im going to bang this drum till april 26th, every time I read a post about miami needs to draft a wr/cb/nt I get so frustrated this teams most glaring need is a PASS RUSH!

Lets look first at what miami did with its WR crew last year a street FA Camarillo was having an excellent year until his injury, an un-drafted FA Devon Bess was by the end of the season the best WR on the team even Brandon London was getting playing time at the end, yes I agree an upgrade in talent would be nice but this offense can function with the talent it has.
Not to mention Parcells/Ireland have shown an ability to find WR talent late in the draft even UDFA(Bess in Mia. Miles Austin in Dallas).

As for CB well again look at what they did with Goodman,Nat Jones and to some degree Jason Allen when he played mid season, he had some success.

Now for the weakest part of the team the pass rush after Joey Porter this team had NO pass rush and 3.5 sacks just got cut, so where is the pass rush going to come from? is Porter going to get 17 sacks again? Charlie Anderson is he now going to all of a sudden going to be the pass rusher the texans then the dolphins thought he'd be? Moses,Roth, Cam Wake? do you get what Im saying guys this team needs not just one they need possibly 2 more legit pass rushers.

Until the draft comes and goes Im banging my pass rush drum

I'm with you 100%. I'll beat that drum with you...the big bass drum. It's easy to get caught up with the sexy picks: big, tall, athletic WRs and CBs; HOWEVER, many forget how alot of the opponents the Dolphins went up against last year had way too much time to throw the ball. Examples are all over the place, but you need to look no further than the Ravens playoff game. We got no pressure whatsoever, and Flacco had all day to throw the ball. Teams who go deep in the playoffs have a good to great pass rush, and we don't have a good pass rush. Tom Brady had one of the best offenses EVER, and it did them no good in the Superbowl because Brady was harassed by the pass rush.

I absolutely want a #1 WR here in the worst way, as well as a #1 corner, but the top priority has to be pass rusher, especially given Parcells' track record. We've plugged multiple holes in the offseason. As I see it, the main needs are: LB, CB, NT, WR. We need more meat & potatoes in our draft before we move on to the sexy picks.

I don't follow college football, so I wouldn't know too much about the players, but when pick #25 comes around, I'm looking for a LB, but it depends on what's available when they pick. If an OLB or DE tweener is available that the Trifecta feels has that "makeup" they always talk about, IMO, they will definitely go for the LB.

My guess is that the first three picks will be, in no particular order:
LB
CB
WR

Cameron Wake ring a bell?
he'll tandem with Porter to pressure NFL QB's right into their worst nightmare.
MattRoth wiil compete for the atart with Ayodele for an inside position with Crowder

there will be plenty of pressure brought to bare in 09.

Cameron Wake ring a bell?
he'll tandem with Porter to pressure NFL QB's right into their worst nightmare.
MattRoth wiil compete for the atart with Ayodele for an inside position with Crowder

there will be plenty of pressure brought to bare in 09.
I'm aware of Cameron Wake. He also needs to be pushed. They won't just hand him the starting job, and especially in a 3-4, you need LB depth.

Back
Top Bottom