Draft Spotlight: CB Christopher Owens, San Jose State | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Spotlight: CB Christopher Owens, San Jose State

That's something that makes San Jose State such a good school to grab defensive backs out of. You notice that on the film. You absolutely notice that quick recognition of routes and the field awareness. Dwight Lowery absolutely had it a year ago. Chris Owens has it. Coye Francies has it. Their safeties, like Duke Ihenacho, they have it. I really like their secondary coach. As I brought up originally, he has coached the likes of CB Dwight Lowery, CB Brian Kelly, SS Kenoy Kennedy, CB David Barrett, FS Ken Hamlin, SS Caleb Miller, CB Jason Sehorn, SS Sammie Knight and CB Daylon McCutcheon at the college level. The guy is a good teacher, grooms his DBs well.

exactly. if htey have the recognition of routes and awareness at the college level you know it wiill only get better with more study of film in the NFL level and better coaching.

Lowery did a fine job if u ask me. Ntn great but adarn fine job. Id love that "fine job" CB in the 4th round. thats very good value.

This kid Owens may become a decent corner...but I highly doubt he'll become a starting NFL corner...unless due to alot of injuries...of course.

And thats the simple truth.

And you base that on your extensive experience watching him play football?

And you base that on your extensive experience watching him play football?

No actually anyone that follows football knows that these kids are seen since high school...let me know if ANYONE thinks he's going to be a starting NFL corner.

He is, what he is...late 3rd or 4th round pick.

No actually anyone that follows football knows that these kids are seen since high school...let me know if ANYONE thinks he's going to be a starting NFL corner.

He is, what he is...late 3rd or 4th round pick.

yeah, and tom brady was only a 6th rounder, zach was only a 5th, hey kurt warner was undrafted ... that kid only has a 3rd round grade stamped on his forehead ! such a waste ! :rolleyes2:

yeah, and tom brady was only a 6th rounder, zach was only a 5th, hey kurt warner was undrafted ... that kid only has a 3rd round grade stamped on his forehead ! such a waste ! :rolleyes2:

Please...exceptions to the rule are always found...the point is you don't use a 3rd rounder for a dime or nickle corner...period.

anthony henry was a 4th round pick for the cowboys, now is the starter
terrance newman was a 1st rounder and a starter
orlando scandrick was a 5th rounder
mike jenkins was a 1st rounder

i don't think you NEED first rounders to be starters in our agressive 3-4 scheme ... you'll also have a hard time convincing bill parcells, who preaches an elite front (pass rush pass rush pass rush ) instead of an elite secondary ( notice how mike jenkins wasn't drafted during the parcells era )

anthony henry was a 4th round pick for the cowboys, now is the starter
terrance newman was a 1st rounder and a starter
orlando scandrick was a 5th rounder
mike jenkins was a 1st rounder

i don't think you NEED first rounders to be starters in our agressive 3-4 scheme ... you'll also have a hard time convincing bill parcells, who preaches an elite front (pass rush pass rush pass rush ) instead of an elite secondary ( notice how mike jenkins wasn't drafted during the parcells era )

The Cowboys corners have gotten burned more than a group of girl scouts, with flame throwers!!

Before we get all excited over this kid Owens...perhaps we should be asking....have the Dolphins interviewed him? Have they set up a meeting? Is he coming to Davie?

If the answer is no to those questions...forgetaboutit.

The Cowboys corners have gotten burned more than a group of girl scouts, with flame throwers!!

Before we get all excited over this kid Owens...perhaps we should be asking....have the Dolphins interviewed him? Have they set up a meeting? Is he coming to Davie?

If the answer is no to those questions...forgetaboutit.

:confused: What does that have to do with anything? Do you really expect Miami to only draft players that have interviewed or had personal meetings with them?

Miami is getting as much info on as many players as they can, but they are not going to tip their hand on which way they will be going draft time....for all we know, Miami might end up drafting 3 DBs.

:confused: What does that have to do with anything? Do you really expect Miami to only draft players that have interviewed or had personal meetings with them?

Miami is getting as much info on as many players as they can, but they are not going to tip their hand on which way they will be going draft time....for all we know, Miami might end up drafting 3 DBs.

For the most part...Yes...I would expect the Dolphins to not only interview the players once but sometimes twice...before they select them.

I'll bet if you look at what they did last year with the players they selected....most if not all had interviews...either at the combine...or afterwards prior to the draft.

Christopher Ownens just ran a 4.40 and 4.41 at his Pro Day, jumped 35 inches.

Tell me again Pete how he doesn't have starting potential in him. You really sound like you know what you're talking about. Honest.

Christopher Ownens just ran a 4.40 and 4.41 at his Pro Day, jumped 35 inches.

Tell me again Pete how he doesn't have starting potential in him. You really sound like you know what you're talking about. Honest.

"Owens could provide good value as a nickel or dime cornerback on the second day of the draft. "

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/566620

CK...What was his three cone time...6.93...Barwin was 6.87
10 yd time...1.53....Barwin....1.58, 20 yd time...2.59...Barwin...2.68....shuttle time....4.16....Barwin....4.18....and Barwin weighs 80 lbs more than Owens.

Back
Top Bottom