Draft Tek 2013 mock 11/2/12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Tek 2013 mock 11/2/12

jim1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Miami picking 21st? Bet no one expected that coming into the season. Sure a lot can change but the play of rookies and veterans alike has been surprising. But there are holes. There are always holes. Perhaps there isn't a unit in more dire need of an upgrade than at WR. Davone Bess and Brian Hartline are serviceable, complementary guys that really round out a unit and a team. Unfortunately there isn't that #1 guy that can be the hybrid deep threat/possession wide out with supreme route-running and skills after the catch abilities. Add that to the Tannehill-led Philbin offense and 2013 could be much better than 2012. The Dolphins are lucky because there is a plethora of feature WRs expected to be available in April, such as the Vols Hunter. He's an ideal WCO WR. He runs smooth routes and has great hands. While no longer a real burner (2011 ACL injury) he isn't lacking in that dept. either. In 24 games for UT he has amassed 80 catches for 1386 yards and 13 TDs.

http://www.drafttek.com/2013-nfl-mock-draft-round1.asp

I am really not a fan of hunter, Too many drops. would rather take woods (for the sake of argument) I really think that Keenan allen is the only WR worth a first round pick this draft class.

Woods would be a good fit, he scared me though because he doesn't really seem like a natural pass catcher, catches a lot of balls with his body instead of his Hands.

I would be much more in favor of taking a Da rick Rodgers/ Josh Boyce/ Terrance Williams or Ryan Swope in the second round possibly taking 2 of them in the 2nd round depending who is available.

#1 gimme Johnthan Banks

one of their alternate picks for us is Giovanni Bernard? Good back, but that would be an unwise investment

justin hunter "runs smooth routes"...my ass

and whoever put that mock together is crazy...bjoern werner at #4 overall??? too rich...as is terrence williams in the top 12...although a dominant senior bowl week could propel him into the top 20 or so

Last edited by a moderator:
With Banks still on the board when we pick I think I'd rather take him over Hunter.

I am really not a fan of hunter, Too many drops. would rather take woods (for the sake of argument) I really think that Keenan allen is the only WR worth a first round pick this draft class.

Woods would be a good fit, he scared me though because he doesn't really seem like a natural pass catcher, catches a lot of balls with his body instead of his Hands.

I would be much more in favor of taking a Da rick Rodgers/ Josh Boyce/ Terrance Williams or Ryan Swope in the second round possibly taking 2 of them in the 2nd round depending who is available.

#1 gimme Johnthan Banks

My best guess would be that the Fins draft the best pass rusher, CB or WR on the board when we pick, kind of Ozzy Newsome style, although for him it's more like draft the best player, period. Don't force the issue, do their best to fill holes in free agency, then go for the talent in rd 1 and maybe have more of an eye to fill holes in rds 2 and 3. Better that than to force a pick- I'm still trying to figure out how the Bengals drafted Dre Kirkpatrick over David DeCastro.

So if Keenan Allen is there when we pick- works for me, but I don't think that he'll be there. Given the surplus of quality pass rushing DE's and OLB's, that's what I'm guessing for our 1st rd pick.

Some strange picks for sure, but does reflect the value of pass rushers as those go fast in this mock. That I tend to agree with. In this scenario, I'd take Dion Jordan or Jonathan Banks. I think Banks goes closer to top 10 though.

i think we go DE or CB in the first and pick up WR in the 2nd or 3rd.

In that scenario, I'd favor Eifert or Dion Jordan, and my third choice would be Banks. I have no interest in Hunter in the 1st RD.

In that scenario, I'd favor Eifert or Dion Jordan, and my third choice would be Banks. I have no interest in Hunter in the 1st RD.
I agree with you on Hunter but I'm not as high on Jordan as you are. Eifert in the 1st would depend on 40 time for me...good player but if he runs 4.8 then he's really no different than Fasano.

I don't know anything about Jordan's character, but if he's the kind of guy this staff likes, I think he's the kind of prospect they like. Lot of upside. With development will likely exceed his draft slot. I can see him adding 15-30 lbs of good weight. Good frame. Dynamic athlete. I don't see Jordan giving up much at all to Mingo.

I don't know anything about Jordan's character, but if he's the kind of guy this staff likes, I think he's the kind of prospect they like. Lot of upside. With development will likely exceed his draft slot. I can see him adding 15-30 lbs of good weight. Good frame. Dynamic athlete. I don't see Jordan giving up much at all to Mingo.
I don't see him as explosive as Mingo but Oregon uses him all over the place. More often than not he's rushing the QB from a two-point stance, I've seen him in coverage over the slot receiver and dropping back in coverage in zone looks. I think his strictly a speed rusher though, doesn't have any pass rush moves and it's basically him trying to get the edge on a Tackle to blow by him for a sack. He's got no power it seems. I just don't see a guy worth a 1st round pick...you're hoping he fills out and gets stronger and that at some point he'll develop some more pass rush moves...but he's a kid that if you run right at him he'll easily get taken out of the play cause he doesn't have the strength to get off the block.

I think he's the type of player that pushes this defense to the next level and we need someone like that. If Miami is set on Milliner or Banks, which I could see, I think they have to trade up probably 8-10 spots. Could happen and it wouldn't surprise me.

Back
Top Bottom