Draft Tek mock 3/24/14 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Tek mock 3/24/14

Do you think with the fact that Shelley Smith is a better fit at LG (according to how he was graded) the Dolphins should be focusing on RT and RG? If RG is the target we can wait till the 3rd or 4th round to get one but the RT is what I'm worried about. Justin Britt had a good pro day but he looked awful stiff to me at the combine and Zach Martin's short arms still concern me. And why is it that we can get two consistent measurements on his arm length? Combine he was 32 7/8" arm length and pro day he was 32 1/4. Plus the Steelers had a large contingent there and I'm starting to think they may take Martin at 15.

shelley smith doesnt have a big enough body of work for me to think about him as a lock starter anywhere at this point...i'm sure ideally he's a guy that wins a job and we can run behind but if he's poor in pass pro they won't go with it but for so long...i would look for guards period and right tackle...guys on the inside that can play any of the interior positions...

the steelers and ravens are the two teams i think we have to worry about zach martin coming off in front of us...especially if lewan nose dives for off the field stuff...giants i think now top pick are gonna look dt...

need to hope a team or two in front of us plucks a safety and that will help us...a free safety like clinton dix and a strong like calvin pryor who the more i look the more i see strong all the way...baltimore at 17 could well steal our cookies...pray it's a free safety...doubt they'd pair pryor with elam

Reminds me a lot of Wheeler on tape. He's got good speed, finds the ball pretty well. Has trouble getting off blocks and misses an awful lot of tackles.

I think Kirksey from Iowa would be a good day 3 option.

really like kirksey but i see wolb there...he can get after the qb when he plays at the los also...played a lot at the los at iowa but showed he can play off it as well and read keys and dx senior bowl week...i'd take kirksey over barrow if i wasn't looking for a specific position fit...

baltimore could decide if need be they can get by with kelechi osemele at right tackle...but he's a better play kicked inside at guard...so i think a tackle pick from them is coming by end of day 2 at least...clinton dix if it's a safety seems like a safe bet to me there...he's got pretty fluid hips his range isn't ideal but he'd pair i think well in their eyes with elam...

baltimore definitely needs a center gradkowski was horrid but they can get that in the 2nd or 3rd round...

zach martins versatility is gonna be something we got to sweat out to pick #19...and if he gets there i don't see how we can pass...frankly...miami needs that kind of position versatility and fallback options if need be plus that level of influx of character and leadership...

Based off some of the comments from Joe and company...I think they see Shelley Smith as a starter...and I think they might think another starter on the OL (has to be guard) could come from within as well. I think they will take OL in round 1 or 2...someone who plays RT. Zach Martin, Moses, Billy Turner, probably a few other guys in that range that would fit the bill.

Then BPA. Maybe shotgun approach to O-line the rest of the way. Maybe take two more in rounds 4-7. You still have veteran fallback options as well as stop gaps.

the other thing about moses isif it fails at right tackle do you have a fallback position...you are crazier than hell if you think i'm putting that at left tackle...so a kick inside would be the only option i see...maybe lazor cross trained him some in practice inside when he was there and would know but that seems like a serious projection to me...he's a right tackle all the way as i see it

the guy that i think will be a udfa pick up if he's out there is luke bowanka from uva...he's athletic he can play any of the interior positions imo and he was a guy that caught my eye at times...i would at least invite that to camp and i bet with the lazor connection if we extend the invite or look to sign him as a udfa he would pick us...plus he fits the offense

lamin barrow that's probably about right 4th round value he's a good move athlete but his instincts strike me as pretty average..mike option though in day 3...but how much of an upgrade would it really be in our unit...

Dolphins met with Bowanka at the U Va pro day..... as per Walter Football

Got this from the Vikings board on Scout.com

Virginia
Too clarify our tweet from earlier, offensive tackle Morgan Moses ran one forty in times which ranged from 4.99s-to-5.08s, tweaking his hamstring during the run. Moses was shut down for the day and did not participate in position drills. Moses has five private workouts for teams over the next ten days.

I'm told little-known offensive lineman Luke Bowanko (center/guard) was a popular player at Virginia pro-day today. I've received no official numbers on Bowanko, but was told he looked good in position drills. I was also informed he met with the Miami Dolphins last night and has an official visit set up with the Minnesota Vikings.

Finally defensive lineman Brent Urban did not participate in the workout and has been walking around with a boot on his foot. The word I'm hearing, which has not been confirmed, is Urban may have a stress fracture in his foot besides the ankle issue which bothered him all last season.

Got this from the Vikings board on Scout.com

Moses is a pretty good athlete, especially for a player of his size. He has those long arms and moves his feet pretty well, smooth kick slide. I could see him as a RT and an emergency LT if Albert got hurt. He has some lean in the running game, but he's not terribly explosive from what I've seen. That being said, I'd rather have Zack Martin- powerful, athletic day 1 RT who could play either Guard or LT if Albert goes down. Said it before, Martin is a better athlete than I originally thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a terrible draft for Miami. Drafting players way to high and leaving better players on the board at same spots.

They have Moses reach value at minus 20. That's says everything. He is good, and would go early in the 2nd round, but not at 19. I would still probably go Martin at 19' maybe Lewan, it's a coin flip between both, but Martin is a bigger need than Lewan.

Draft tek is smoking more crack than dave chapels no way we take Moses over lesean and martin

You never know. Last year a lot of people said taking Justin Pugh 19th overall was crazy and it worked out pretty good for the Giants.

Back
Top Bottom