Drafting players who have dropped through injury? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafting players who have dropped through injury?

It all depends on the injury they're recovering from.

Most breaks, hamstring injuries, Achilles tears (rather than ruptures), The milder PCL/MCL/ACL tears, triceps tears, some dislocations, turf toe... Stuff like that players,can make a full recovery from and not expect the recovered area to always be susceptible, or indeed ever again in most cases.

Groins, hernias, spinal injuries, shoulder dislocations, repeat concussions, multi-ligament tears of the knee, big ankle ligament tears, degenerative knee cartilage,..... That stuff there is no way of knowing you will ever fully recover from.

I'm not a doctor but I know that all injuries are not created equal and so all player slides in the draft aren't equal. James Hurst strikes me as a good value example. Easley is an incredible prospect, but a second rounder on him couldn't be described as a value pick with the attached risk. The prospect of having a healthy Easley is kinda tantalising though.

Jared Abbrederis is a terrific receiver, but if the multiple concussion stories are true, it could be like throwing a pick out the window.

Based on everything I've heard Hurst should be ready for training camp, he might drop because he hasn't been able to work out for teams but in the 4th round he'd be a steal. Same goes for Brandon Thomas, though he'll have to be redshirted.

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Jared Abbrederis is a terrific receiver, but if the multiple concussion stories are true, it could be like throwing a pick out the window.

We saw this with Ryan Swope last year..

I think a lot of fans would be gun shy of that strategy given last years top four picks were injured and provided very little first year production. Ireland obviously got a little carried away. However, this season, all those guys are healthy and should be ready contribute. This year given the right player and depending on the injury, I would do it.

With only 7 picks, I would hesitate to roll the dice too much. I want to trade down, get more picks, and then we can start rolling on some red flag high-upside talent, for sure.

What can we get for #50?

RW

CB Dexter McDougle, Maryland and OG Spencer Long, Nebraska.. Those two would make a great end to the draft in my opinion.

I'm curious to see how far Brandon Thomas falls after the ACL tear. I still think someone takes him in the fourth/early fifth and redshirts him gladly. Great talent.

Easley was almost unblockable before he went down. He would have been a high 1st-rounder if he had stayed healthy.

Back
Top Bottom