Drake and williams better than Ajayi | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drake and williams better than Ajayi

Naw, but trading up for Rowe was (Carroo was not with them). They better win it this year, cuz ya know...

View attachment 10228

We got Kiko essentially for free because the eagles didn't want him anymore, just like the Bills before them. If we wanted Kiko that bad we could've given Philly a 5th or 6th seperately for him, moved down 3-5 spots on draft day when teams are desperate to move up for their guy given there's a short clock to get a deal done, and still gotten Tunsil (who isn't exactly performing at a very high level right now) plus another pick.

Don't forget about the ultimate trade rape, the Carroo trade, another Tannenbum special. The Eagles immediate and long term future is far brighter than ours.

We got Kiko essentially for free because the eagles didn't want him anymore, just like the Bills before them. If we wanted Kiko that bad we could've given Philly a 5th or 6th seperately for him, moved down 3-5 spots on draft day when teams are desperate to move up for their guy given there's a short clock to get a deal done, and still gotten Tunsil (who isn't exactly performing at a very high level right now) plus another pick.

Don't forget about the ultimate trade rape, the Carroo trade, another Tannenbum special. The Eagles immediate and long term future is far brighter than ours.

They are fortunate to have Wentz, but the guy is no Dan Marino. If Marino couldn't win one on his own, no one can. The Eagles still have their work cut out for them for that elusive SB title which is ALL that matters imo at the end of the day. Dallas may very well be the best team in that division, now and in the future. The AFC East on the other hand, is 1 hit away from being anyone's division.

Always negative. Gase had to play him that much to keep his whining to a minimum.

How is it whining. If Gase was playing Ajayi that much to keep him from whining he is a weak coach and not doing what is best for the team and has no place being a coach in the NFL.

I love the balance between the two. We might be better with these two

Stating the obvious, it depends. If it's 3rd and two, I'd suspect JA could get it than Williams/Drake. Pass blocking? Catching out of the backfield? Not JA. With the current OL and Gase being predictable, not sure it matters.

That extra 5th round pick that they traded to the Saints for a guy that has yet to see the field would have been nice to have in the upcoming draft. The Dolphins definitely need to draft another RB. Drake and Williams are not 3 down backs. Kind of makes me angry to see how a well run team utilizes draft picks. The Eagles trade a 4th round pick for a guy who sees the field and contributes right away. The Dolphins trade a 5th round pick for a guy that has been inactive for 8 straight weeks. Just extremely frustrating rooting for this team.

True but the Eagles aren't exactly a proud winning franchise. Like all teams, they've had many misses. This article was before Wentz came and saved their asses. All fan bases think their team makes a ton of mistakes. Just two years ago the Eagles were getting called the most dysfunctional franchise in the NFL. Now they're 8-1 lol

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story...wentz-starting-qb-quarterback-contract-042616

I happen to think Damien Williams is one of the best pass-catching running backs in the league. The only problem is he's probably one of the worst Running running-backs in the league

I happen to think Damien Williams is one of the best pass-catching running backs in the league. The only problem is he's probably one of the worst Running running-backs in the league
Which is the issue with our current group. Drake isn't ready/may never be ready to carry the load in the run game. It's a shame we don't have a Marlon Mack or so on the roster.

They should have drafted a running back in the mid rounds if they saw it coming with Ajayi. The issues they had with him weren't exactly brand new.

I agree that people are crowning Ajayi a bit too much, but I also think that the PURE RUNNING ability of this offense just dropped precipitously. And the early returns are not good. I don't care how many 2 yard check downs we can do now that Ajayi is gone, and the few decent holes our line opens per game will be exploited by backs with less heart and power, so it will be net negative.

Having a big, powerful back (with elite tackle breaking ability) was the primary component that brought us back from the brink last season, and while Drake and Williams are more rounded backs a far as blocking and pass catching, NOTHING about them is elite or even very good. They just fit Gase's "system" better.

It has become quite clear to me that Gase would rather try to force what he wants rather than cater what he designs to what the CURRENT players on the roster can do. No, he'd rather pout, about not having the right toys and insult the players he has now in the media and question their preparation, than accept the idea that POSSIBLY his "system" isn't why he had success in Denver...that MAYBE, JUST POTENTIALLY it was having Peyton Manning...just a thought.

This trade looks just like the McCoy trade in Philly. Chip Kelly wanted someone that better fit his "system" and felt McCoy had attitude problems. I feel the same outcome will befall Gase here as did Kelly and McDaniels in their stints. Systems are overrated. Make the best of what you've got, like BB does.

Bingo! 100% agree!

Which is the issue with our current group. Drake isn't ready/may never be ready to carry the load in the run game. It's a shame we don't have a Marlon Mack or so on the roster.

They should have drafted a running back in the mid rounds if they saw it coming with Ajayi. The issues they had with him weren't exactly brand new.

Can you imagine the uproar on these boards if they would have?

better for the true version of Gase's offense, true. however, let's not discount Train's effectiveness in what he gave us in that other offense; it got us back into the Tournament. after the offseason Oline upgrades this should start to look like the 'slash n dash' style of much of the NFL (NE, KC, GB, etc..)

I loved Drake's breakaway speed on that 66 yarder, but that seems to be the only RUNNING skill he brings to the team that is better than Ajayi. Did you see how helpless we were on basically every other carry? We couldn't get a yard when we needed, and Jay would have helped with that. We should have drafted a RB in the last two rounds, instead of wasting picks on Ford and Taylor. We have so much more need now than we did last off season. SMH.

Back
Top Bottom