Drew Rosenhaus: Why the Dolphins are looking hard at WRs in this draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew Rosenhaus: Why the Dolphins are looking hard at WRs in this draft

I actually want a WR or TE early we need an extra weapon on offense so we can explode but the oline can't be overlooKed either

You can't make talent up. If you look at past drafts, you'll find sometimes there's very little to be had at certain positions, much more at others. If you don't take what is there and try to fill your needs anyway, you will get burned. I hope we do the smart thing.

I agree. Way to much talent in the draft to not do our due diligence.

Samsung Galaxy S III

Another reason for this may be that they're not sure what they're gonna get with Gibson coming off of his major knee injury.

Todd McShay also thinks Miami might end up taking a WR at #19, because he thinks the top Offensive Lineman are going to be off the board, and we may have a tough time trading down if that is the case. I like Marqise Lee, but I like Brandin Cooks at WR even more. Watch the way this somewhat smaller (5'10", 190 lbs, 4.33 in the 40) WR can catch the ball in traffic, even with a couple guys draped all over him. He's also always been durable. This is why I would love Brandin Cooks. Watch this video:

[video=youtube;XfnYcEOHqCk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfnYcEOHqCk[/video]

It's deep, but like any draft, that doesn't mean any player from r1 to r7 will be a home run. I like the guys they're bringing in, Moncrief, Bryant and Beckham are three of the most worthwhile investments in the draft at the position, from my viewing of this class.

Yes, there is quality right through to guys like Norwood, who in another draft might go in the third or fourth. But not every player, even in the higher rounds, is a guaranteed stud, so you have to do your DD and spend your picks wisely on this rich seam of receiver talent.

Could it be that they are bring everybody but Cooks in as a smokescreen? They know what these guys can do.....The Jets are looking in the same place one pick ahead of them.

true...if ireland was here you can damn well bet that top pick would be a right tackle...set your watch to it even...still the timing of this wr interest has me wondering

No way. He'd definitely need to address DT after losing Soliai. RT 2nd round. S 3rd round....skip to WR 6th round. All would actually start some games in 2016.

Back
Top Bottom