Drew's Views | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew's Views

I guess its a case of wait and see. Don't believe everything you read. Wait for results, then you can't go wrong. I'd welcome A.Bryant to the WR core, cant hurt right? Anything to improve, I'll take it! :cooldude:

Just three quick things:

1. we have done well with current headcases Boston and RW, but let's not foget Cecil Collins, Lawrence Phillips, Clayton Holmes,or Dwight Underwood. We aren't quite 50-50 on the headcase department.

2. Hate to jump sports, but look at latrell Sprewell. He choked his coach, sat out the remainder of the year(no cutting players in NBA) then went to NY and became a fan favorite and team leader. Ignore the obscenity laced tirade when he was traded, and you have a feel good story.

3. Thank you Finsflurry for starting a thread that had no mention of Feidler or Feely in it. It's time for news rumors:D

I personally dont understand why everyone is in such a hurry to replace Thompson(yes I saw him play last year) BUT he was the #2 guy then and couldnt hold it up. Now all he is asked to do is be the #3 guy, where he will face either the nickle corner in most cases or the safety. DT has played well in the past and with the pressure off him I dont see why he cant do it again as the #3 guy. Yes we are one injury away from him being a starter but, I really would like to see us hold on to our draft picks.

Fins2theend said:
I personally dont understand why everyone is in such a hurry to replace Thompson(yes I saw him play last year) BUT he was the #2 guy then and couldnt hold it up. Now all he is asked to do is be the #3 guy, where he will face either the nickle corner in most cases or the safety. DT has played well in the past and with the pressure off him I dont see why he cant do it again as the #3 guy. Yes we are one injury away from him being a starter but, I really would like to see us hold on to our draft picks.

I agree Thompson will be much better with another year under his belt and from the #3 position. However if you get the chance to upgrade a poistion, especially one that some consider a need position, you do it. Assuming that upgrade does not cost too much eith financially or via what is given up in trade. I think we could get a 1st round talent in an incentive based contract and give up little in trade. Bryant will need to prove himself again before he gets first round money in guaranteed form. The 'boys just signed ward, so they are desperate for wr depth. How about DT and Minnis for Bryant with restructured deals? We have plenty of depth but not another standout threat to go with DB and CC. Can you imagine on 3rd down DB and CC on one side and Bryant on another :eek:? The safeties might need to be 30 yards deep. :D

Lazy1 said:
No1 knows what is going to happen to Chambers next year... Bryant could very well be a starter as soon as next season if miami doesnt get chambers signed up. I love Chambers and want him back very badly, but it looks like it could be very hard to get him locked up. If bryant is willing to take a slot role, like he would have in dallas, i would LOVE to have him here, he is a very good reciever, and a perfect fit in the slot down here.

Nothing personal with Bryant, but I don't care what Miami has to do, Chambers has to be signed. It would be a very big mistake if we loss him. :fire:

A. Bryant would make our receiving corps simply unbelievable. However, I would not want him to come here because of his proven (poor) attitude. He was upset in Dallas that he couldn't crack the #3 spot and there is no way (barring injuries) that he would get to 1 or 2 here in Miami. It is true that peoples attitudes can change drastically with a change of scenery but it is also true that you take a risk every time you bring someone like that in. IMO, Bryant is simply not worth that risk.

let me just say that if i were bryant i would have pissed off with parcells and dallas long ago. first of all i know what parcells has accomplished and i take nothing away from that, but the guy is a pompous *** who thinks that he is better and smarter than everyone else. His attitude is pathetic and personally(i know most would disagree) i would not be happy if he were our coach. bryant should be getting ready to be a starter not pushed back by an ageing keyshaun johnson its ridiculous. c'mon vinny testaverde has a chance to be their starter.....parcells has finally lost it. vinny testaverde, terry glenn, keyshaun johnson, richie anderson, maurice carthon...what is this some kind of high school reuinion. bryant would be a welcomed addition to our team. i was one of the people who thought our team had no chance this season when we kept dave, but i must tip my hat to speilman, the players are there and the talent keeps getting better the dolphins could definitly be a contender again if we keep this pace

Thats still a line you should never cross. You may not like your coach but you gotta respect him especially when he's Bill Parcells and yes his record DOES speak for itself.

I have to agree that Bryant crossed the line when he threw the jersey at Parcells. Although I have heard about Parcells and him thinking he knows everything but he is the coach and what he says goes. The only thing that worries me about Bryant is that if he is unhappy at 3rd wr he would be unhappy here. Although maybe he is ready for a change and i would take him but i wouldn't give up the farm to get him.

Back
Top Bottom