Finsflurry said:
I'll do as close to word for word as I can remember:

"Antonio Bryant is out of favor in Dallas and is from NW Miami HS
and loves the area and would love to come back. He is a a very
talented receiver that was picked in the second round a couple years
ago but had a altercation with Coach Parcells. There have been
discussions between Bryant's people and the Fins"...then he gets cut off
by Shapiro and gets offtracked.

He said the "word is" some discussions have taken place. ;)

No1 knows what is going to happen to Chambers next year... Bryant could very well be a starter as soon as next season if miami doesnt get chambers signed up. I love Chambers and want him back very badly, but it looks like it could be very hard to get him locked up. If bryant is willing to take a slot role, like he would have in dallas, i would LOVE to have him here, he is a very good reciever, and a perfect fit in the slot down here.

Ozzy said:
I could have sworn he said it. Thus the reason for the discussion about bringing him here.

I was responding to Nublar's question:

I just read on the ESPN message board that Drew also said that Parcell's probably will keep Byrant. This true?

He definitely didn't say that on Drew's Views

Finsflurry said:
I was responding to Nublar's question:

I just read on the ESPN message board that Drew also said that Parcell's probably will keep Byrant. This true?

He definitely didn't say that on Drew's Views

But he did say something to that effect.

I don't really mind the whole jersey-throwing incident...after all, Parcells isn't exactly the jolliest guy around. He can hang his jock on Wanny's mustache for all I care as long as he produces.

Throwing the jersey into your head coach's face doesn't bother you, as long as the player produces ???
If Bryant stands up to Parcells, I don't want to think what he might do to Wanny...Football's a team game and to have a player throw his jersey into the coach's face is classeless and immature...Deal with that stuff one on one but to diss the coach in front of the whole team.. :shakeno:
Personnally i've always loved Parcells because I always though he pushed his players to the limit, always did everything to motivate them and get the best out of them...
How does Bryant respond ? Whining about playing time and throwing temper tantrums...That to me is not someone i'm looking for on my team, i'll take the hard nosed team player ANYDAY over the talented whining prima donna...
IMO we've got enough on our plate with Boston who has a clever attitude as well...No room for another player more concerned about his ego than the team..

Pink_Dove said:
Throwing the jersey into your head coach's face doesn't bother you, as long as the player produces ???
If Bryant stands up to Parcells, I don't want to think what he might do to Wanny...Football's a team game and to have a player throw his jersey into the coach's face is classeless and immature...Deal with that stuff one on one but to diss the coach in front of the whole team.. :shakeno:
Personnally i've always loved Parcells because I always though he pushed his players to the limit, always did everything to motivate them and get the best out of them...
How does Bryant respond ? Whining about playing time and throwing temper tantrums...That to me is not someone i'm looking for on my team, i'll take the hard nosed team player ANYDAY over the talented whining prima donna...
IMO we've got enough on our plate with Boston who has a clever attitude as well...No room for another player more concerned about his ego than the team..

I just feel that Bryant's behavior is a by-product of his situation and has a lot to do with his clashing personality with Parcells. We usually come out on top with guys that were headcases on other teams and this kid has enough talent that I think it would be worth the risk. The bottom line is we're trying to win a SB and getting a player of Antonio Bryant's potential ( I think he's ready to bust out) would not hamper our chances at all, only help. Plus we have solid veteran leadership on this team and Wanny is a player's coach, so those problems shouldn't resurface if he were traded here IMO.

You know, the most exciting thing he said is the thing about Bua. I believe we should keep Rick around as long as humanly possible if his first draft is as good as it seems to be, plus Feely is looking much much better.

Get rid of Wanny, keep rick long term.

Finsflurry said:
What did he say Ozzy I must have missed that part?

The new anchor was talking at the same time. Drew said he would not be surprised if Parcells did not cut him. Which makes sense, in case any team inquires about him in a trade....

outtawack311 said:
You know, the most exciting thing he said is the thing about Bua. I believe we should keep Rick around as long as humanly possible if his first draft is as good as it seems to be, plus Feely is looking much much better.

Get rid of Wanny, keep rick long term.

Also for anyone who watched and goes to camp (I posted about this once before) Bua is not number 33 as listed on the TC roster sheets, he is number 51.

Bryant can get the shot to start here if he outperforms Boston in training camp and pre-season. I know its not likely but he will at least be given a chance, unlike in Dallas where he had two guys who were the coach's favorite (Glenn & Keyshawn) in front of him.

I am still apprehensive about getting Bryant. He didn't just toss his jersey into Parcells' face, he would have done more had he not been restrained and tossed out by security. There's a line that no football player should cross no matter how much of a strong personality a coach has, and Bryant crossed it. The players are backing Parcells. I do not think Bryant will play for Dallas this season, but that does not mean I am welcoming him with open arms to Miami.

BTW. If any discussions have been held between the Phins and "Bryant's people" then that would be a direct violation of tampering rules...unless permission has been given for Bryant and his agent to seek a trade...and to date I have not heard of permission being given. Drew better watch out what he is suggesting.

Its like I was saying when I brought up what PFT said. I thought it was interesting that they brought up three things. One was that according to a Dallas team source, "every team that needs a WR" has called inquiring about Bryant. Another, was that considering the circumstances, it really looks like contrary to Len Pasquarelli's reports, Bryant will not be a Cowboy for very long...and the third interesting thing was that Bryant is now in Miami between camps (meaning to me, he's from Miami...I didn't know that up to then).

I would bet you that Spielman was one of the teams that need a WR that called Dallas. They really aren't happy with being one injury away from Derrius Thompson at WR again, and they aren't too happy about having him or Newson or Minnis in the slot or on the outside with Chambers in the slot either.

Back
Top Bottom