Drew's Views | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew's Views

I believe the Skins won't have a good year... pro'bly #3 in the NFC East (with the Giants/Cowboys below them). Maybe a 10~15 pick, which would be nice... a #5 for Ogunleye would be WAAAAAY too much, IMO.

But I do believe, this late in the season, it would be like acknowledging we were going to lose him anyway, and why not get something in return (if a little off-tempo, at that)?

I'd still make the trade, considering my belief that the negotiations are stuck and won't get running again...

Gary Miles said:
:cool: I say make the trade! At this point there has to be something that is wrong. Be it a physical issue, or something else, but I think the Trace Armstrong case speaks for itself. Trace had a great year, left via free agency and has done nothing at all to earn the $$$ his was given.

It was kind of an unusual situation for Trace. In that magical 2000 season (16.5 sacks), Trace was strictly a 3rd down player. Kenny Mixon manned RDE on 1st and 2nd down. So Trace was always fresh. And despite being in tremendous physical condition, he was still 35 years old. So it was the perfect role for him (because he WAS in great condition and still could wreak havoc on the pocket).

Oakland gave him that $5 million signing bonus in 2001. And then poor Trace tore his Achilles in Week 3 and was lost for the season. So when he returned in 2002, he was a 37-year old DE coming off a torn Achilles.

Wale is 26 years old. He's still got a lot left. Still has his best years in front of him. His situation is different. But indeed, there is always that chance that he tanks.

If it were a high first round pick, there's no question in my mind that the Phins would jump all over it. If it were this past April's #5 overall pick, I still think the Phins would have jumped all over it. It would have put them in position to take a shot at Robert Gallery. But I don't think the Redskins were offering that pick. Not for Wale. And we don't know how Washington will finish yet. I think they've got some strong personnel. They look weak on the DL and TE. OL looks questionable. But they've got a shot. Definitely don't look like they'll be picking in the top ten next year.

Why is it that most are not sold on Ogun, I know it's hard to gage his value but I have a hard time thinking he is that easy to replace.
This team is defence first and without him I don't know if we'll be as strong.
I believe in a strong defence and I think we can go with what we have on offence and have a chance to go a long way.
Is it that easy to find another DE by the way JT is not getting younger.
The FO should do what they can keep Ogun even if Chambers is gone next year.
Chambers is going to be looking for big bucks too.

Muck said:
Maybe you're thinking of when we were going after Patrick Ramsey??

hmm, not quite sure. Like I said my memory is a bit hazey. Didn't they offer up like a 2nd and 3rd for ogun or something like that? I know some team did, not positive it was the deadskins.

Merman said:
So far you have said nasty bump and one hell of a hive. What did you see??? Was her face swollen???

Unbelievable.....

Merman, YOU are the one that said hive not him. He answers you using the term hive which you brought up and all of a sudden he is the one that said it looked like a hive.

Some of you guys on here must smoke crack or something. :rolleyes:

I think this Washington 1st rounder thing might be a hoax...Drew and Snyder are really good friends and I think Snyder might be trying to help Drew get Ogunleye signed by making offers and showing there's value for Ogun. ;)

One other thing, Drew can shove his views.:D

Trekbiz said:
Some of you guys on here must smoke crack or something. :rolleyes:

Crack makes one stupid.

Beer makes one forgetful. ;)

DoLpHiNz34 said:
I think this Washington 1st rounder thing might be a hoax...Drew and Snyder are really good friends and I think Snyder might be trying to help Drew get Ogunleye signed by making offers and showing there's value for Ogun. ;)

One other thing, Drew can shove his views.:D

I've always thought it a little dangerous giving a sports agent his own segment on a sportscast. I mean talk about placing a little too much power into undeserving hands. Drew has the ability to create his own stories directly to the media and fans without having to try and get a reporter to air any of his BS. Obviously he is going to take advantage of this.

Trekbiz said:
I've always thought it a little dangerous giving a sports agent his own segment on a sportscast. I mean talk about placing a little too much power into undeserving hands. Drew has the ability to create his own stories directly to the media and fans without having to try and get a reporter to air any of his BS. Obviously he is going to take advantage of this.

This is very true, you should see his co-host Steve Shapiro he fawns on Drew the whole time and says throughout the show" We've got the most anticipated segment in South Florida Sports with Drew's Views" lol what a douche. I don't like the power he has, he already controls a lot of the Dolphins and he gets them parading up there weekly begging for Wale etc. No other agent I know of gets anything remotely near the kind of tv exposure Drew does, it's really not fair to anyone else, especially the Fins who can't really call him out with anything he says (at least they haven't till this point).
He can basically say what he wants to create interest for his players and its pretty much a 10 minute Drew infomercial.

No other agent is better at his job than him... he gets his players their money, he manages to have a good relationship with teams, and controls pro'bly more players than any other single agent (correct me if I'm wrong)...

He's horrible in the eye of fans, but wonderful in the eye of players...

sbh1602 said:
No other agent is better at his job than him... he gets his players their money, he manages to have a good relationship with teams, and controls pro'bly more players than any other single agent (correct me if I'm wrong)...

He's horrible in the eye of fans, but wonderful in the eye of players...

Can't argue with you on that one.

Back
Top Bottom