Driscoll’s 7-round 2021 NFL Mock Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Driscoll’s 7-round 2021 NFL Mock Draft

...as an alt R3 pick (if we disn't grab Collins) I really like Chazz Surratt.

Unsure he fills the middle thumper role but the kid is top shelf athlete -- still learning/growing

and IMP perfectly fits Flo's mod. Everything I see on him is "impact."
Yeah, he's definitely an OLB. Definitely an athlete. First year at LB, right? QB before?

edit: It's one reason I like Linderbaum as a late round C project, if we miss out on some of the better ones. Dude was a DT and then moved to C.

Yeah, he's definitely an OLB. Definitely an athlete. First year at LB, right? QB before?

edit: It's one reason I like Linderbaum as a late round C project, if we miss out on some of the better ones. Dude was a DT and then moved to C.
I think he's played QB and maybe some RB? Unsure.

Unreal upside... He must be smart as well. I just think Flo could do some wicked things with him...

I think he's played QB and maybe some RB? Unsure.

Unreal upside... He must be smart as well. I just think Flo could do some wicked things with him...
Very raw player. Still learning the LB postion. Looks much smoother when he plays OLB. From what I saw, he's not an ILB. Gets washed out in the mass.

Surratt attended East Lincoln High School in Denver, North Carolina. A highly regarded high school quarterback, Surratt was a two-time first-team Associated Press all-state selection. During his senior year, Surratt was named Parade National Player of the Year and a Parade All-American, as well as the Associated Press offensive player of the year in North Carolina.

Recruited by then-Coach Larry Fedora to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill to play quarterback, Surratt redshirted during his first season with the program.

Surratt elected to make the switch to linebacker prior to his redshirt junior season. Surratt had a successful season, highlighted by a game-winning interception against rival Duke University.[4] After the completion of the season, Surratt was named first-team All-ACC at the linebacker position.

He'll be 24 years old in February though.

...as an alt R3 pick (if we disn't grab Collins) I really like Chazz Surratt.

Unsure he fills the middle thumper role but the kid is top shelf athlete -- still learning/growing

and IMP perfectly fits Flo's mod. Everything I see on him is "impact."
Surratt is a wild card I believe Flo would love on his defense. He is described as a utility knife. This years Simmons without all the fanfare.

That could be an awesome draft. Smith is the perfect wide receiver to pair with Tua. Flores would absolutely love Collins. Humphrey and Harris in R2 sounds like a home run.

What intangibles would those be?
His listed college height is 6'0 (of course NCAA gives an extra inch or two with height measurables). The counter to that is I'm guessing that Flo prefers a Zavien Collins, Micah Parsons type (Height is at least 6'2 or possibly taller).

Also it's been reported that Bolton has "short arms" .

His listed college height is 6'0 (of course NCAA gives an extra inch or two with height measurables). The counter to that is I'm guessing that Flo prefers a Zavien Collins, Micah Parsons type (Height is at least 6'2 or possibly taller).

Ah. I always thought those were tangibles.

Because of his lack of measurables, I agree that Bolton might not be a Flores type. At least not in the first round. But he is a good football player.

Parsons is more like Mayo, and Collins is more like Hightower.
I'll give you that.

I think Parsons will be better than Mayo and Collins might eventually be at Hightower's level.

I hope Miami can find a way to land one of them.

I would love this draft. Walking away with those 4 picks in 1st 2 rounds would be a monster haul. I believe at least Devonta, Najee and Creed are going to be NFL studs and again fit the scheme, the mindset and the needs of the team.

Looks pretty interesting to me...

9) DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama

22) Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa

40) Creed Humphrey, OL, Oklahoma

56) Najee Harris, RB, Alabama

87) Dayo Odeyingbo, EDGE, Vanderbilt

118) Naquan Jones, DT, Michigan State

186) Daelin Hayes, EDGE, Notre Dame

192) Divine Deablo, S, Virginia Tech

222) Tommy Doyle, OT, Miami (Ohio)
I would hope Miami would allocate more resources to the wide receiver position than one draft pick. Even if it's later in the draft Miami has to take some shots at improving that position.

Back
Top Bottom