Dude's Mon 6/14 Camp Report | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dude's Mon 6/14 Camp Report

Dude

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Didn’t notice anyone missing.

It rained for like the first 20 min of practice. First a light drizzle, then some serious rain, then it just blew away and a beautiful sunshining day emerged. Welcome to South Florida…

Practice began with some punting drills. Simulating being backed up in their own end zone, they lined up at the 5 yard line with the punter just inside the end-line. They also used live rushers for, I think, the first time this year. Both punters did a good job getting the ball off on time and #89 Ed Perry looked like his old self with consistent perfect snaps. #3 Jones seemed to get the ball out a split second faster, but Turk’s punts were better with decent hang-time given the drill.

Oddly, Mare was playing ball boy trying to field the live punts, while a hand full of returners lined up at the 10 yardline and practiced fair catches/letting it go, depending on the distance, off of the punting machine. The D was trying to down the ball before getting to the goal line.

Next, in the position drills, I mostly watched the D-line practice. The fact it was raining pretty hard at this time and that they practice all the way on the far end right by the only spot to get out of the rain and still watch was just a coincidence. The tackles mostly practiced trying to split double team blocks and the ends practiced vs. the shovel pass for most of the time. As a unit, I would say the D-Line is the most laid back group. When they practice alone, they always seem light hearted, joking and having fun with JT definitely as the class clown.

The QB’s did the side by side drill again and one thing you could tell was Fiedler was getting the ball out much quicker then Feeley. Almost a full second at times. Jay was throwing just as the WR was going into his break, and Felley was throwing just as they were coming out of it. The dreaded QB/WR timing. This will come with familiarity and reps, but even still, it is obvious AJ is getting more and more comfortable.

They practiced a lot of 3 step drops and quick slants today as well as several designed rollouts.

#7 Feeley – had a nice throw on a rollout to the strong side hitting #81 McMichael in stride on a uick out just before the sideline. He also looked good avoiding strong pressure and getting the ball to #31 Morris on another play. He didn’t start too hot, but really picked it up throughout the practice. By the end of the secession, he was firing on all cylinders and looking confident. Very encouraging day for him despite being picked by Madison, on one rep.

#9 Fiedler – Was up and down today. Had a few great throws and then some real horrible ones including back to back overthrowing #82 Newson then throwing a pick to #24 Knight. I think he was more affected by the wet ball early on, and looked sharp in the middle of practice, but he slumped again near the end and really threw some off-target balls.

#18 Sage – only clean-up stuff after practice and he didn’t look too hot. Bad passes and lots of incompletions. But it looked pretty ragged over all with the 3rd string WR’s and DB’s so who knows how he would look with the first team

I’m still waiting for someone to claim the #3 WR spot, and again today there were no takers. Drops by the 2nd stringers made #88 Thompson look good by default, but he has still done nothing special. Don’t get me wrong, there is some real talent fighting for the spot, but no one can separate themselves from the pack.

#84 Chambers – another great practice, on one play beating #23 Surtain on a dart thrown by Feeley. He routinely makes the tough catches look easy. Contract year or not, he is a stud!

#80 Boston – Just after the rain let up the first rep I saw him in, he slipped coming out of his break and slid on his backside. Obviously weather related, but he didn’t look happy about it. He did have one nice deep catch from Feeley, but pretty quiet other wise.

RW- Looked good with a few nice runs and a couple of catches releasing out of the backfield. One play he broke a run to the right between C and RG bursting through the line. Seau came up to meet him after a decent gain and lowered his shoulder like he was going to nail Ricky. Well RW lowered his shoulder too and didn’t stop… Result? Seau landed on his azz and RW just kinda stood over him and stared. Nice!

#28 Minor – had a couple real nice runs including one he broke outside and had #72 Carey up-field looking for someone to block, would have been a huge gain. Minor really has some speed when he gets going.

#30 Russell – had some catches out of the backfield. He is so quick . I think he is really suited as a3rd down back and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him used that way when camp starts.

#44 Konrad – Looks good, but I bring him up to mention that there are very few balls going his way, either runs or passes. There was some talk about him getting more action his way, but it seems at this point, the TE’s are going to be the focus of the short passing game.

#85 Lee – a few catches from both Feeley & Fiedler, nothing spectacular, but solid. He is going to get some playing time this year and I bet he is going to make a bunch of real big passes for us.

#91 Williams – tipped a Feeley pass at the line, but it had enough muscle on it to still be complete to #88 Thompson. Nice play by Williams though

#96 D. Bowens – Had a great sack on Jay after blowing by #70 St. Clair.

#29 Madison – Made a great break on the ball to intercept Feeley and take it back for a TD. He spiked the ball. Great Play!

#20 Freeman – broke up a quick pass intended for McMichael

#24 Knight – had an active practice. Was in on a lot of stops, and was always around the ball. Had a pick on Jay near the end of the practice

#41 Banks – Made a great leaping play, going way up high and knocking the ball away from #19 Minnis at the last second after a very nice throw by Feeley.

#54 Zach – Well, we now know why he is a LB and not a TE. He had a pass from Fiedler hit him right in the chest and bounce off with such a Thud, you could hear it all the way up in the stands. Still looks solid as an LB though. I don’t mention them too much in my reports b/c they don’t stand out much with no hitting, but ZT looks as good as ever.

Rosenhaus – Overheard him on his cell phone talking to someone. I wasn’t really that close to him, but he was so loud and there were so few people there I could hear his call a little. He was saying he was going to meet with Rick after practice but there was ‘no update’. He also said ‘I understand your position… … we’ll ask to be releaed…†That’s it, let the rumors fly. Oh, Drew also was hitting on Feeley’s girlfriend as soon as he entered the VIP area after practice. In his defense, she is HOT!

Photos: Click Here

Videos: Click Here

Enjoy!

Thanks for the report Dude, keep them coming :up:

Excellent report, glad to see we saw the same thing for once lol.

Great report, thanks.
As far as the grease ball Rosenhaus, I will never believe a word that comes out of his mouth. He is a "Slick Richard" and does things like talking on the phone loud just to stir up crap.

Also it is nice to hear a Dol QB and the words NICE DEEP PASS in the same sentence as I've been hearing with AJ! :)

Dude said:
Didn’t notice anyone missing.

It rained for like the first 20 min of practice. First a light drizzle, then some serious rain, then it just blew away and a beautiful sunshining day emerged. Welcome to South Florida…

Practice began with some punting drills. Simulating being backed up in their own end zone, they lined up at the 5 yard line with the punter just inside the end-line. They also used live rushers for, I think, the first time this year. Both punters did a good job getting the ball off on time and #89 Ed Perry looked like his old self with consistent perfect snaps. #3 Jones seemed to get the ball out a split second faster, but Turk’s punts were better with decent hang-time given the drill.

Oddly, Mare was playing ball boy trying to field the live punts, while a hand full of returners lined up at the 10 yardline and practiced fair catches/letting it go, depending on the distance, off of the punting machine. The D was trying to down the ball before getting to the goal line.

Next, in the position drills, I mostly watched the D-line practice. The fact it was raining pretty hard at this time and that they practice all the way on the far end right by the only spot to get out of the rain and still watch was just a coincidence. The tackles mostly practiced trying to split double team blocks and the ends practiced vs. the shovel pass for most of the time. As a unit, I would say the D-Line is the most laid back group. When they practice alone, they always seem light hearted, joking and having fun with JT definitely as the class clown.

The QB’s did the side by side drill again and one thing you could tell was Fiedler was getting the ball out much quicker then Feeley. Almost a full second at times. Jay was throwing just as the WR was going into his break, and Felley was throwing just as they were coming out of it. The dreaded QB/WR timing. This will come with familiarity and reps, but even still, it is obvious AJ is getting more and more comfortable.

They practiced a lot of 3 step drops and quick slants today as well as several designed rollouts.

#7 Feeley – had a nice throw on a rollout to the strong side hitting #81 McMichael in stride on a uick out just before the sideline. He also looked good avoiding strong pressure and getting the ball to #31 Morris on another play. He didn’t start too hot, but really picked it up throughout the practice. By the end of the secession, he was firing on all cylinders and looking confident. Very encouraging day for him despite being picked by Madison, on one rep.

#9 Fiedler – Was up and down today. Had a few great throws and then some real horrible ones including back to back overthrowing #82 Newson then throwing a pick to #24 Knight. I think he was more affected by the wet ball early on, and looked sharp in the middle of practice, but he slumped again near the end and really threw some off-target balls.

#18 Sage – only clean-up stuff after practice and he didn’t look too hot. Bad passes and lots of incompletions. But it looked pretty ragged over all with the 3rd string WR’s and DB’s so who knows how he would look with the first team

I’m still waiting for someone to claim the #3 WR spot, and again today there were no takers. Drops by the 2nd stringers made #88 Thompson look good by default, but he has still done nothing special. Don’t get me wrong, there is some real talent fighting for the spot, but no one can separate themselves from the pack.

#84 Chambers – another great practice, on one play beating #23 Surtain on a dart thrown by Feeley. He routinely makes the tough catches look easy. Contract year or not, he is a stud!

#80 Boston – Just after the rain let up the first rep I saw him in, he slipped coming out of his break and slid on his backside. Obviously weather related, but he didn’t look happy about it. He did have one nice deep catch from Feeley, but pretty quiet other wise.

RW- Looked good with a few nice runs and a couple of catches releasing out of the backfield. One play he broke a run to the right between C and RG bursting through the line. Seau came up to meet him after a decent gain and lowered his shoulder like he was going to nail Ricky. Well RW lowered his shoulder too and didn’t stop… Result? Seau landed on his azz and RW just kinda stood over him and stared. Nice!

#28 Minor – had a couple real nice runs including one he broke outside and had #72 Carey up-field looking for someone to block, would have been a huge gain. Minor really has some speed when he gets going.

#30 Russell – had some catches out of the backfield. He is so quick . I think he is really suited as a3rd down back and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him used that way when camp starts.

#44 Konrad – Looks good, but I bring him up to mention that there are very few balls going his way, either runs or passes. There was some talk about him getting more action his way, but it seems at this point, the TE’s are going to be the focus of the short passing game.

#85 Lee – a few catches from both Feeley & Fiedler, nothing spectacular, but solid. He is going to get some playing time this year and I bet he is going to make a bunch of real big passes for us.

#91 Williams – tipped a Feeley pass at the line, but it had enough muscle on it to still be complete to #88 Thompson. Nice play by Williams though

#96 D. Bowens – Had a great sack on Jay after blowing by #70 St. Clair.

#29 Madison – Made a great break on the ball to intercept Feeley and take it back for a TD. He spiked the ball. Great Play!

#20 Freeman – broke up a quick pass intended for McMichael

#24 Knight – had an active practice. Was in on a lot of stops, and was always around the ball. Had a pick on Jay near the end of the practice

#41 Banks – Made a great leaping play, going way up high and knocking the ball away from #19 Minnis at the last second after a very nice throw by Feeley.

#54 Zach – Well, we now know why he is a LB and not a TE. He had a pass from Fiedler hit him right in the chest and bounce off with such a Thud, you could hear it all the way up in the stands. Still looks solid as an LB though. I don’t mention them too much in my reports b/c they don’t stand out much with no hitting, but ZT looks as good as ever.

Rosenhaus – Overheard him on his cell phone talking to someone. I wasn’t really that close to him, but he was so loud and there were so few people there I could hear his call a little. He was saying he was going to meet with Rick after practice but there was ‘no update’. He also said ‘I understand your position… … we’ll ask to be released…” That’s it, let the rumors fly. Oh, Drew also was hitting on Feeley’s girlfriend as soon as he entered the VIP area after practice. In his defense, she is HOT!

Photos: Click Here

Videos: Click Here

Enjoy!

As usual, thanks for the great minicamp reports bro. Also, thanks for the great photos, especially the one of A.J.'s girlfriend(HOT!)! :cooldude:

Great report again, going to miss this as QB V is closed to the public. Hope someone can get in and provide another excellent report. From Ohio, I can really appreciate your reports and all the others as well. This sight has made me feel alot closer to all Fin Fans, something that has been lacking in my part of this great country. Peace

Once again nice article and the pictures were great. I wish I was down there watching myself. Keep up the awesome work

It is awesome to see that Feeley hit CC on a deep route. Feeley will get more comfortable in the next 3 months and he WILL start come Week 1 of the season. I am liking it! :up:

Back
Top Bottom