DUKE=Sweet 16; Kentucky, North Carolina, Maryland at home watching. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DUKE=Sweet 16; Kentucky, North Carolina, Maryland at home watching.

Conference USA Rules! Go Blazers! Make UCF Proud (when we move into C-USA after next season!)

I don't even know who I'm rooting for. Maybe UConn or Xavier.

Get your final shots in now duke fans b/c starting next year the heels will reclaim their rightful place as the ACC's best. This year I think we were more talented than duke but they had more experience as our program was in transition but next year not only will we have the Nation's best starting 5 but we will have big time depth w/ a stellar recruting class. By the way, you've hav an unbelievably easy road to the FF but that ends next Saturday b/c there is not a chance you get by UConn. Congrats on the FF and live it up now b/c the good old days are coming back to Chapel Hill!

Oh, here we go. "Tar hells" blah blah blah.

You all sound like Stewart Scott on Sportscenter.
And there will never be "good times" in chapel hell because you have chokemaster Williams at the helm.

Enjoy watching the Mighty Duke Blue Devils cut down the nets.

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
Oh, here we go. "Tar hells" blah blah blah.

You all sound like Stewart Scott on Sportscenter.
And there will never be "good times" in chapel hell because you have chokemaster Williams at the helm.

Enjoy watching the Mighty Duke Blue Devils cut down the nets.

It took K 4 failures at the FF before he won his first and Roy's next FF(probably next year) will be his 5th. There is not a chance duke cuts down the nets a week from tonight. NONE! UConn is far superior to duke. Shelden Williams trying to guard Okafor:lol: Shelden will be in foul trouble all game(in reality he should foul out of every game in the first half but he is allowed to get away w/ murder down low but I don't think that will happen against Okafor) and duke has NOBODU else who can play w/ Okafor, Boone and the others in UConn's front line. UConn also has a great perimeter game, a good PG(every bit as good as the overhyped duhon), and Ben Gordon will lock down jj(not that he's a threat unless he gets a WIDE open look but he will not against Gordon) and duke has no one to guard Gordon on the other end. I will be surprised if duke stays w/in 10 in this one.

nyjunc, JJ is definitely more than a 3 point threat. Have you seen the screens they've been setting for him to drive to the basket? He's a very good cutter and moves well without the ball.

I know the Uconn game will be tough, and Duke will have to play awesome to win, but hey, they're in the Final 4 which is more than Carolina can say.

Duke beat Texas, the team that knocked Carolina out, by 28 points this year.

And at least Coach K has National Titles under his belt, which is more than chokemaster Williams can say.

If Coach K wins the National Championship this year, he will pass Dean Smith and become the all-time winningest coach in the tournament.

JJ is still very much 1 dimensional, he has done a better job of driving and getting to the line BUT against the better teams that is completely taken away.

duke beat Tex which beat UNC and UNC beat UConn which will beat duke. If you think the Texas team that beat UNC is the same as the one you guys demolished you didn't pay attention.

Roy will get his.

If K does win the title(which he will not) he'll pass Dean but do not forget all the extra tourney games K has coached in b/c for almost half of Dean's career they only took 1 team from each conf and there were 64-65 teams whil for 95% of K's career there have been 64-65 teams so that is a little misleading just like when Knight breaks Dean's record in the coming years, Dean did it all at the highest level at UNC while Knight got alot of W's at Army.

DD28, you’re blind, buddy, or is it that you just don't want to see the truth? JJ Redneck is about as one dimensional as they come. Sure, he’s got the 3-pointer down and excels at the free throw line but his cuts to the basket are nothing special. Mostly he throws up garbage shots and hopes for the roll. But worse yet is his defense. How many times have you seen him get schooled this season? If you’re watching it’s several times every game? He has no sense of defensive side of the ball, unless you count fouling your opponent as quality defense. Pay close attention to NYJUNC, he knows what he’s talking about. As he said and I’ve said too, enjoy it this year ‘cause there’s no free ride for Duke next season. Btw, It really doesn’t matter if coach k wins more games or championships than Dean, everybody still hates the “evil empire†that is Duke and “k†will never be as well respected as Dean. K’s got a good basketball mind but he’s stuck with that whiny a$$ personality that annoys all but the faithful. Remember, Duke should be good, after all they are the best team that money can buy.

Tarheelphin, your jealousy never ceases to amaze me.

Don't come up with these childish names like "redneck" just because Duke is in the Final 4 and Carolina choked again and is home watching.

And I've watched every Duke game this year, I think I'll assess my favorite team the way I want instead of listening to some tarhole fan.

And don't hand me this "listen to nyjunc" garbage, because you'd probably call him an idiot or whatever when it comes to football because he's a jets fan.

Carolina sucks, just accept it and move on while Duke continues their assault on the Final 4 record books.

How did Carolina choke? We were a 6 seed playing a 3 seed and we played the deepest team in the tourney in the thin air of Denver. Choking is losing to Utah in the '98 FF like UNC did or duke losing to UConn in '99. That's choking.

duke is a good team but this isn't a great team like the '99 edition and UConn is better. I will be absolutely shocked if duke wins, I'll be a bit stunned if duke keeps it under 10. I know I'm a bit biased but i've seen both teams play alot and UConn is better.

I agree, this is not one of the GREAT Duke teams, but it is certainly good enough to win it all.

The game against Uconn will not be a blowout for either side by ANY means.

Back
Top Bottom