DUKE=Sweet 16; Kentucky, North Carolina, Maryland at home watching. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DUKE=Sweet 16; Kentucky, North Carolina, Maryland at home watching.

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
I agree, this is not one of the GREAT Duke teams, but it is certainly good enough to win it all.

The game against Uconn will not be a blowout for either side by ANY means.

I'm not saying it will be duke-UNLV '90 but I expect UConn to pull away and win by a comfortable margin. There are a few things that scare me a bit. the first is K as an underdog and that is dangeorus, next is FTs as UConn is not very good from the line and lastly would be Okafor getting in foul trouble.

For all you tarheel fans....Duke will kick you *** again next year too.Dukes only losing C.D., which is a big loss, but someone else will stepup like always..plus Dukes always recruiting the best high schoolers

Originally posted by t2thejz
For all you tarheel fans....Duke will kick you *** again next year too.Dukes only losing C.D., which is a big loss, but someone else will stepup like always..plus Dukes always recruiting the best high schoolers

I believe the Heels had a more talanted team than duke this year it's just duke was an experienced team that already knew how to win while UNC was in transition w/ a new coach(either way they were both extremely talented teams). Next year we get 2 of the top 10 players in the Country while duke adds 1 and we don't lose anybody. That 1 player duke gets is Duhon's replacement Shaun Livingston and he is rumored to be going to the NBA. Even though he's going to duke(though he wanted to go to UNC but there were no scholarships left) I hope he goes to college b/c it's better for the college game to keep talented guys like him in College.

Next year the ACC will be even better than this year(if we don't get too many NBA defections) but I'd pencil in the Heels as the favorites if all their ecruits arrive in Chapel Hill and no one leaves early.

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
Tarheelphin, your jealousy never ceases to amaze me.

Don't come up with these childish names like "redneck" just because Duke is in the Final 4 and Carolina choked again and is home watching.

And I've watched every Duke game this year, I think I'll assess my favorite team the way I want instead of listening to some tarhole fan.

And don't hand me this "listen to nyjunc" garbage, because you'd probably call him an idiot or whatever when it comes to football because he's a jets fan.

Carolina sucks, just accept it and move on while Duke continues their assault on the Final 4 record books.

DD28, you mistake my contempt for jealousy. That’s alright, it happens. Contempt for Duke fans not the university, that is. Just for my information does “Tarhole†or “Tarhell†qualify as a childish name?

If it is anybody who is jealous it’s you. You’re the one spouting off about breaking records. Frankly, that’s a big difference between Duke and UNC fans. The success of UNC is just that “our success.†As a UNC fan I don’t go around trying to prove that UNC is better than UCLA, Kentucky, Kansas, or Duke unless someone like you comes along that needs some correction. We don’t need to compare our program to yours to gain respect like Duke fans seem to need to do to ours. And just for your info, I didn’t expect UNC to go any deeper than they did. Frankly I’m just happy they made the tournament! If you can’t handle a little criticism, maybe you're the one who should take a hike!

I can handle the criticism, but how can you criticise a team that's making it's 10th Final 4 appearance under the same coach?

And how can I be jealous of a team that lost in the sweet 16 when my team is in the Final 4?

I could care less of what happened in the past, and I'm not trying to "compare" programs like you say. (where the hell did that come from?) Because lately, it's not much of a comparison, now is it???

There’s plenty to criticize about Duke. The media from ESPN to CBS is doing a great job of it now.

As far as comparing goes, Coach K, for one, stating on a Charlotte, NC radio station that Duke’s recent success was better than anything that NC has done. Don’t get me wrong, that’s o.k. if that is how the Duke faithful need to celebrate. It’s part of the game but be warned it will eventually come back to haunt you. It’s actually kind of sad though that you all need to justify your program’s success in relationship to ours and can’t enjoy it on its own merits. Also, if I remember correctly you made a definite comparison in your - simple math: Duke> than N. Carolina. signature that you once proudly displayed. If our program is so useless as you claim, why are you so afraid of it? I’ll be the first to admit that UNC or the ACC for that matter hasn’t been as competitive in the recent past but as you saw ths year, “the times,’ they are a changing…â€Â

I don't think that K is trying to compare programs, but whenever the media discusses Duke or Carolina, the other programs have to be mentioned.

Duke/Carolina is connected forever. They are the greatest rivalry in college sports, and will always be mentioned in the same conversation no matter what the circumstances.

I don't know what K's real motives are but I can't dispute that UNC-Duke is best rivalry, probably in all sports. Hopefully we've got our program back on track, the competition is good for both programs.

We all agree on something! Except DD I'd say duke-Carolina is the best rivalry in all of sports.

Back
Top Bottom