Dwight Freeney - UFA | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dwight Freeney - UFA

Freeney IS OVERRATED. He DIDN'T have ONE full sack until the ninth game of his season this year.

No, he wasn't injured either. He just sucks.

And we all know that its good to judge based on one bad year.

a couple years ago he was a sack machine,, but it always makes me wonder when a guy is in his UFA season and tanks like Freeney did this year.

a couple years ago he was a sack machine,, but it always makes me wonder when a guy is in his UFA season and tanks like Freeney did this year.

a DE can;t controll the inside game .. their LBs suck so thats why their run D sucks .. and did he really tank or did they put more bodies on him?

And we all know that its good to judge based on one bad year.
Yes, one bad year...

NO, the dude isn't that great. SERIOUSLY, ALL HE DOES IS RUSH THE PASSER. And now, tackles are starting to catch on to his ever so (not so much now) effective spin move. He hasn't done anything other than get a few sacks all his career.

He has only had 11 Pass defenses and ZERO picks in his career.
JT at the same point of his career had 26 pass deflections and three picks. He does nothing but speed rush, he's not strong enough to bull rush or flexible enough to drop back in coverage.

Plus he'll ask for the US Mint and we're not in the greatest cap shape.

Yes, one bad year...

NO, the dude isn't that great. SERIOUSLY, ALL HE DOES IS RUSH THE PASSER. And now, tackles are starting to catch on to his ever so (not so much now) effective spin move. He hasn't done anything other than get a few sacks all his career.

He has only had 11 Pass defenses and ZERO picks in his career.
JT at the same point of his career had 26 pass deflections and three picks. He does nothing but speed rush, he's not strong enough to bull rush or flexible enough to drop back in coverage.

Plus he'll ask for the US Mint and we're not in the greatest cap shape.

While I don't think we need or could even use him in this defense AT ALL, your bashing him because he dosn't have pass defenses and picks? He plays D-End for christ sake. Those are damn near irrelevent for his position. He has never been used in the way JT is, not many have.

While I don't think we need or could even use him in this defense AT ALL, your bashing him because he dosn't have pass defenses and picks? He plays D-End for christ sake. Those are damn near irrelevent for his position. He has never been used in the way JT is, not many have.
I'm bashing him for everything that has to do with the position. Those are just some notable stats.

P.S. They are not irrelevant, do you know how impactful bats at the line can be?

bottom line is its not going to happen, but JT + freeney=domination. The only reason his numbers are down is because he has been getting double teamed for years, with Taylor taking those he would get high numbers.
Yet Roth has the ability to become a great pass rusher and would rather have him and a really good DT instead of freeney. We need to get younger and it would be a shame to not see what roth really has.

We are slated to have around $20 Mil.
So are you saying you'd like to see almost half of that number gone when we need help in more than a few areas? Say when we would get him we would have 10 to 12 left... Not the greatest idea.

So are you saying you'd like to see almost half of that number gone when we need help in more than a few areas? Say when we would get him we would have 10 to 12 left... Not the greatest idea.

I'm not saying break the bank for him, I wouldn't mind getting him but yes we have plenty of other needs.

No thank you. He can't play the run. He is the worst good defensive end in this league because he isn't even slightly a factor on rushing plays.

We are slated to have around $20 Mil.
Yeah, but we will only have around 40 signed players or so. We have a lot of holes to fill with that $20M.
As said before, Freeney can only rush the QB, he does nothing else. Most teams run right at him and have a lot of success doing it, he can't play the run. Last time I checked, DE need to be able to play the run and pass before being declared great.

Back
Top Bottom