Early 2014 Miami Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Early 2014 Miami Mock Draft

MiamiDolfan85

DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY
Reaction score
1: Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix(6'1",208)

thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I question his long speed and his tackling in run support...

I would still look to the offensive tackle position. Jake Matthews has always been likely to be gone by the time Miami picks and I know many people have believed Cyrus Kouandjio would also be gone but I think he could still be hanging around. He's good, but he's not near flawless.

In the wake of the Dustin Keller injury you have to start thinking about that position. There were rumors they liked Tyler Eifert a lot. I don't know how much you can believe them, but it's plausible. With all of the Iowa ties on Miami's staff you immediately have to respect C.J. Fiedorowicz as a possibility, but I think I would pay the most attention to Colt Lyerla as he may be more of what Joe Philbin is looking for, especially if they end up confident enough in Dion Sims to be a #2 tight end for them. I like Eric Ebron quite a bit, but I'm undecided on whether Joe Philbin would love him.

And with Paul Soliai and Randy Starks both free agents this offseason you could see them looking at Louis Nix III, Timmy Jernigan or Aaron Donald.

I hate to say it but they may also get tired of trying to separate the wheat from the chaff the hard way at right guard, and so they could opt to make things easier on themselves by going after a Cyril Richardson.

Too early to tell who to pick in my eyes (not like I'm a guru anyways), but I am definitely a big fan of Eric Ebron and think he'll only move up draft boards throughout this college season. If Dolphins pick later, I'd be afraid he would be off the board come second round.

I agree ck we need ot,rg,te.and depth for lb. Hopefully we can sign one of Paul Soliai or Randy Starks back for next year.

ebron is a nice looking tight end talent...liked what i saw from him vs south carolina

, but I think I would pay the most attention to Colt Lyerla as he may be more of what Joe Philbin is looking for.

Agree wholeheartedly with this one, especially if we're up around the 20ish pick area.

I do think they will look to Free Agency for OLine help next year. JI does not have a good track record at drafting OL, so why take the risk, and also the time it will take to develop draft picks.

With the skill players we now have, add in a Lyerla, then by going FA route for OL will increase the confidence level of them actually hitting on a target, versus the risk of a rookie.

Will be interesting to see what Watkins does, if between he/Jerry and Thomas can sort out the RG spot, we may just end up looking at OT's. Yes, plural. I don't think Clabo is a good scheme fit in as far as run game. Will get us through this year, but not a longer term candidate.

I would still look to the offensive tackle position. Jake Matthews has always been likely to be gone by the time Miami picks and I know many people have believed Cyrus Kouandjio would also be gone but I think he could still be hanging around. He's good, but he's not near flawless.

In the wake of the Dustin Keller injury you have to start thinking about that position. There were rumors they liked Tyler Eifert a lot. I don't know how much you can believe them, but it's plausible. With all of the Iowa ties on Miami's staff you immediately have to respect C.J. Fiedorowicz as a possibility, but I think I would pay the most attention to Colt Lyerla as he may be more of what Joe Philbin is looking for, especially if they end up confident enough in Dion Sims to be a #2 tight end for them. I like Eric Ebron quite a bit, but I'm undecided on whether Joe Philbin would love him.

And with Paul Soliai and Randy Starks both free agents this offseason you could see them looking at Louis Nix III, Timmy Jernigan or Aaron Donald.

I hate to say it but they may also get tired of trying to separate the wheat from the chaff the hard way at right guard, and so they could opt to make things easier on themselves by going after a Cyril Richardson.

would love either Cyrus K. or Cyril Richardson. Our right side of the o-line has been pretty bad so far this year.

Offensive line. Period. No way we can allow our franchise qb to continue getting hit. It's the most important weakness we have. Draft one, get one free agent. After the line, dtackle. Charles clay and sims will be fine at te for the future. No way I drqft a te early. Rishard Matthews is growing but, if doesn't turn into a legit red zone target, a tall, big wr would be nice. This would be a heavy oline, dline draft if I was GM. Maybe get a free agent te(doesn't need to a "star") but, clay has been proving he can handle the job and the surface of sims hasn't even sheen touched yet.

Not sure where we'll be picking but Eric Ebron would be a nice fit...UNC has another player I also like a lot in James Hurst the OT. I think both players would fit in nicely with our offense.

I agree with much of what CK said, I also think a playmaking receiver is not off the boards if one slips to the 20's....which is where I think we'll be picking.

This league is primarily about scoring touchdowns with the passing game now, if you can't do that you won't win.

Not sure where we'll be picking but Eric Ebron would be a nice fit...UNC has another player I also like a lot in James Hurst the OT. I think both players would fit in nicely with our offense.

Hurst is a good football player. I like him alot. Type of OT that can give you a good 10 years. If Miami is picking in the early to mid 20's, Hurst and Cyril Richardson are the 2 guy's I'd think Miami could be interested in.

I wouldn't mind going guard and tackle first two rounds. Maybe like Cyril Richardson or Gabe Jackson in the first and Seantrel Henderson in the second or may even Cyrus Kouandjio/Antonio Richardson/ or Taylor Lewan and Zack Martin or Anthony Steen in the second. Then maybe signing Pitta too a cheap contract because of his ACL injury and possibly Jairus Byrd as long as the Bills can't strike a contract with him. If the Bills don't resign Byrd I'm pretty sure he would love to come to Miami and be apart of young team that will play the Bills twice a year.

I would try and bring back in order Soliai, Grimes, Incognito

A lot could change till then but as of now I would love this for next year

I wouldn't mind going guard and tackle first two rounds. Maybe like Cyril Richardson or Gabe Jackson in the first and Seantrel Henderson in the second or may even Cyrus Kouandjio/Antonio Richardson/ or Taylor Lewan and Zack Martin or Anthony Steen in the second. Then maybe signing Pitta too a cheap contract because of his ACL injury and possibly Jairus Byrd as long as the Bills can't strike a contract with him. If the Bills don't resign Byrd I'm pretty sure he would love to come to Miami and be apart of young team that will play the Bills twice a year.

I would try and bring back in order Soliai, Grimes, Incognito

A lot could change till then but as of now I would love this for next year

If Taylor Lewan goes in the second, somebody got themselves a good deal in my opinion.

I don't think Lewan makes it to the 2nd round. We have a strong enough core to take the best player in the first round. That's how good teams accumulate talent. Go for need in rounds 2-4 and projects in 5-7.

Back
Top Bottom