Early BCS predictions | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Early BCS predictions

Rafiki said:
I thought as long as an unbeaten non-BCS team made the top 12 they were guaranteed a BCS bowl. Maybe I'm mistaken.
not unbeaten...if a non big 6 conference team finishes in the top 12, they are guaranteed a spot in a BCS bowl.

boise state is 12.

they have 1-9 utah at home followed by 7-3 nevada on the road.

HurriPhin said:
Sugar: Florida vs Notre Dame
Orange: Georgia Tech vs Auburn
Fiesta: Texas vs Boise St
Rose: tS oihO vs Cal
NC: Michigan vs Louisville

Rutgers get no respect, but rightfully so. With the way it's set up you can't just show up for one year and expect it. It's a great cinderella story for New Jersey but the're the only ones who want to see 'em play.
Hence, the problem. The National Championship is NOT for excellence over a decade. It's for the YEAR.

Now, do I feel that Rutgers should get a shot at the title?

:lol: well, I think that my Mountaineers have a little something to say about Rutgers finishing undefeated.

HurriPhin said:
I wasn't aware that all those teams were given wins to finish out the season. Well **** of course it can happen. Will it, porbably not, but its my prediction.

...and am I wrong to think the Fins will make the playoffs? Maybe, but it wont stop me from cheering it so.
It can't happen. It just can't. A two loss Louisville team will still be ranked below a one loss OSU, Michigan team. Even if everything else happens, Michigan and OSU would still be 1/2. Just because Louisville pillaged the Hurricanes doesn't mean they're good or should be ranked high, the Canes suck.

Bumpus said:
Hence, the problem. The National Championship is NOT for excellence over a decade. It's for the YEAR.

Now, do I feel that Rutgers should get a shot at the title?

:lol: well, I think that my Mountaineers have a little something to say about Rutgers finishing undefeated.

Rutgers won't beat WVU. No way, WV is one of the best teams in the country but they blew it against Louisville.

spydertl79 said:
It can't happen. It just can't. A two loss Louisville team will still be ranked below a one loss OSU, Michigan team. Even if everything else happens, Michigan and OSU would still be 1/2. Just because Louisville pillaged the Hurricanes doesn't mean they're good or should be ranked high, though i must agree that the Canes will soon enough return to the elite of college football.

alright alright everybody's right. I agree Louisville has no shot at the NC.

Alright here's my updated knumbskull BCS predictions. Hope I dont get slapped around this time. Ah, what the hell, thats what makes these boards fun.

Sugar: Arkansas vs Notre Dame
Fiesta: Texas vs Boise St
Orange: Wake Forest vs Rutgers
Rose: oihO tS vs W. Virginia
NC: Michigan vs USC

There, that should please the Rutgers fans (that ones for you UF FIN KAT, yeah, I'm a real football fan again) and piss of oihO tS and Florida fans, and that makes me happy.

Assuming we get a rematch national title game, and USC loses to Cal, what are the odds of a Cal vs ND Rose Bowl? Idea just popped into my head and now I might want USC to lose.

Title Game - OSU vs UM
Rose Bowl - Cal vs at large (ND?)

Just a thought, people saying ND shouldnt jump a 1 loss Michigan team (assuming of course ND beats USC)because UM beat ND it has happened before. ND beat FSU in 1993, finished with the same record as FSU but FSU played for the championship not ND. I dont see ND jumping UM, but I could see if ND beats USC and if UF and Arkansas both lose again some voters wanting to see ND vs OSU over a rematch.

Id be happy with Florida playin for the title and ND being in the Orange Bowl though, just throwing some perspective out there.

DonShula84 said:
Just a thought, people saying ND shouldnt jump a 1 loss Michigan team (assuming of course ND beats USC)because UM beat ND it has happened before. ND beat FSU in 1993, finished with the same record as FSU but FSU played for the championship not ND. I dont see ND jumping UM, but I could see if ND beats USC and if UF and Arkansas both lose again some voters wanting to see ND vs OSU over a rematch.

Id be happy with Florida playin for the title and ND being in the Orange Bowl though, just throwing some perspective out there.
It's a little different though. FSU lost at ND, and it came down to the final seconds.
I'm not against a team passing someone else who beat them early in the season. I believe teams change during the season, and you have respect the team as it currently is in your voting. It's just a blowout at home... I like ND, and I'd much rather see them succeed than Michigan, but they don't have a realistic shot at the NC game at this point. Even if ND beats USC, and every other team loses, I think we'll see a rematch over ND.

Back
Top Bottom