Ed Reed gives Miami’s defense a taste of what it’s missing | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ed Reed gives Miami’s defense a taste of what it’s missing

Doesn't Ed Reed show just about everyone in the NFL what they're missing?

Well in fairness, I specifically pointed out that Reed is one of the greatest safeties of all time and that it's not likely that we'll find someone of that caliber anytime soon (if ever). I also stated that none of our guys, including Bell, have really made a name for themselves as playmakers.

Also, the idea that every other team in the league lacks a playmaker like Reed in the secondary is really not true, because there several other teams that have big-time playmakers in their secondary.

Pittsburgh and Indianapolis immediately come to mind (Polamalu and Sanders) and not surprisingly, when those guys are healthy, those two defenses are among the better ones in the league. Another good example is Brian Dawkins, who at 35 years of age is still helping his Eagles win playoff games because of his big-play ability.

And there are also various cornerbacks that serve the same purpose on their respective teams.

There's no doubt that a talent like Ed Reed doesn't come around very often, but I believe that Miami needs to find themselves a player that's capable of consistently changing games with his big play ability.

Just my humble two cents.

Doesn't Ed Reed show just about everyone in the NFL what they're missing?

well sai GoonBoss i could add that here in the big 12 country we lack that type of play on pretty much every team in this conference.

of course people like Ed Reed ddont grow on trees .

this is a good thread for I am now realizing what you guys have been trying to get through this mule head of mine.

could we say that the following positions could use a bigtime player at.

cornerback
safety
de
and nt/dt

on offense
I can say wr, ot and center .

you guys know who we really need if he was in his prime and that Brock Marion.:up:

To be realistic, most of our defensive backs are guys who would be backups in the leagues best defenses. We certaintly need to upgrade our FS, grab a corner that is physical enough to play the number 2 position, and have the rest of our corners compete for the nickel position. People have been aw by the play of goodman; however, just cause you get 5 int's doesn't mean that you are elegible to be a starter.

1. We need a solid NT(Ferg is getting up there in age and Solai has a way to go)
2. FS
3. Corner next to Will or better(anyone that can compliment will be terrific)
4. We can bring Eric Barton, Bart to compete for our linebacker positions. If we can sign Crowder that would be terrific due to the fact that he had a career season.
5. Need to have someone replace Roth fulltime and just bring Roth in situational situations. Roth can be lined up in other formations. Our outside linebacker position just requires speed and great coverage skills, anything less will be a liability to us.

What's Miami missing? A QB to lob ridiculously ill-advised passes into double coverage repeatedly for its defense? I'm not taking anything away from Ed Reed, cuz I agree he's the best safety in football. But still....Chad made it pretty easy.

Back
Top Bottom