Eddie George released | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eddie George released

Denverfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Tenn released George today. Anyone think that he would have any value as someone to spell R Williams? If the Dolphins could get him for about 1 mil, he could reduce the number of carries that Ricky has to take.

Any thoughts?

I say no. He won't go for cheap. Thats why Tenn. released him. He wasn't willing to forego the salary decrease. Besides, we already have Minor and I"m comfortable with him as our #2.

He wants to go to a team where he has a chance to start and make more than the $1.5mill the Titans offered. In other words, not here.

agreed but that would be a sick one two punch
where ya think he is gonna land....Oakland..Tampa...

I think George will end up in Oakland. He will never come here because he won't have a chance to start and because we can't afford him.

I doubt he'd be effective as a back to spell somebody with too. I think you need him in as much as possible to have him be effective.

'Saves' Good point, he does seem to get better as the game goes on, after he has worn down the defenders. He is kind of like Ricky that way. It takes a little while for him to get into his groove. I really don't think that he would end up here, but it's interesting to think about it.

finleyfinton said:
agreed but that would be a sick one two punch
where ya think he is gonna land....Oakland..Tampa...

You better throw Dallas in that mix also ......

:D

Marino1983

Travis Minor is a much better back as a #2 than George would be. Minor may not be big enough to be a starter, his speed and agility is perfect for spellign Ricky, because he is capable of getting a quick 4-5 yards, or can break some longer one's. Two of the last three years he's had a significantly higher yards per carry average than our starter. George is only effective, and IMO not very, when he is used as a pounder who can wear down defenses and lacks the ability as this point to provide the quick offense Minor can. Only if Ricky went down would I even consider bringing in George.

If he goes to Oakland he should do well running behind Gallery and Jake Grove. Since I currently live in SoCal, I would absolutely hate to see that. :shakeno:

Why would we even be discussing this. Obviously we won't be going after Eddie George. Talking about where he may end up is fine but don't think we are in the mix. A running back is about the last thing we need right now. I would not be surprised if he ends up in Philly.

I was wondering how long it would take this thread to show up.
:cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom