Edge James Wants To Play In Miami

DOLFANMIKE

Coaches Corner
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
From the Herald:
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/9243240.htm
"Seemingly before the final syllable of ''retirement'' was uttered about Ricky Williams, Indianapolis Colts running back Edgerrin James was making it known he wouldn't mind coming home.

James told numerous people he would love to be traded to the Dolphins after Williams' announcement. While such a trade is highly unlikely this season -- the Colts, after all, are Super Bowl contenders -- James will be an unrestricted free agent at season's end."

I'm sure this has been posted somewhere, but since I couldnt find it I went ahead and posted it.

This might be a great direction for us to go at this point.

james is past his prime... i would love him for a quick run... but with out ricky i think its time to rebuild next year...

igor79 said:
james is past his prime... i would love him for a quick run... but with out ricky i think its time to rebuild next year...
A man that averaged 3.5 yds per carry last season shouldnt doom the dolphins.

I also hope we stay away from Edge. We already spent two #1's on Ricky, spending more to get Edge (injuries, past is prime, expensive) doesnt seem like the right thing to do.

Id like to see what our remaining boys have to offer - Henry, Minor etc. Even the undrafted dude from Iowa (Fred Russell) may have a shot now.

I wouldn't mind Edge as a 1-2 year stopgap, but he's never been the same since his ACL injury.

If Edge is past his prime then why are we so upset that Ricky is gone? Weren't they taken one pick apart in the same draft??

Edge is past his prime...:nono:

inFINSible said:
If Edge is past his prime then why are we so upset that Ricky is gone? Weren't they taken one pick apart in the same draft??

Edge is past his prime...:nono:

He'd be a great fit in Miami IMO

Edge is no longer same RB after injuries.

If we got him for the right price.. I mean the Colts need a CB... I think he would be good for a year or two. We need to draft a RB next year so I hope we dont trade away our draft picks. I think im happy with the offense the way it is right now anyway though.

He's two years removed from his knee surgery. He revert back to his 2000 yd seasons. I'd like to have any of the 'Canes recent RB's (except Payton, sorry)

minus, Edge ran for over 1200 yards on 310 carries last year....4.1 yard average.....the second most first downs of his career(83)....11 Tds.

If he aint the same, screw it, I'll take what he is.

minus said:
Edge is no longer same RB after injuries.
He's still a good one. Maybe next year, I think we have to work with what we have this year.

inFINSible said:
minus, Edge ran for over 1200 yards on 310 carries last year....4.1 yard average.....the second most first downs of his career(83)....11 Tds.

If he aint the same, screw it, I'll take what he is.
ill take that and a side of peyton. :lol:

they have to at least inquire. id give them minor and a third rd'er for him which is better than the not jack s##t theyre gonna get when he leaves. :tongue:

Edgerin is not past his prime... sure he has had injuries but the guy is the same age as ricky and still capable of being a darn good back. He had some good numbers last year. actually didnt he have been numbers than Ricky last year?! Edgerin would be a perfect fit here... this is home and where he wants to be... BRING EDGERIN ON!!! PLEASE!!! THE MORE UM BOYS THE BETTER!!

:missmeth: <~ UM student... sorry :lol:

Back
Top Bottom